Contract status - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 05.05.2010, 10:31 PM
Pro

Yea Gates is for sure the big target that we have to keep, but I still feel that we should give VJ a decent amount of money even if they had to put clauses into the contract. Unfortunately with Merriman I don't think he will be the player of 05-07 which is a shame as he could of been one hell of a player.

An I don't see the there being an uncapped season in 2011, I think that players will have had enough an get the Players association to get a deal done
Old 06.05.2010, 06:54 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2G View Post
Yea Gates is for sure the big target that we have to keep, but I still feel that we should give VJ a decent amount of money even if they had to put clauses into the contract. Unfortunately with Merriman I don't think he will be the player of 05-07 which is a shame as he could of been one hell of a player.

An I don't see the there being an uncapped season in 2011, I think that players will have had enough an get the Players association to get a deal done
I'm more concerned about the owners in this issue, media reports make it seem like they are the ones making negotiations difficult so far.
Old 07.05.2010, 11:39 AM
Pro

Oh ok I was told it was the players association stalling but after reading up you are correct. I hope that we can then get something sorted soon as I lockout in 2011 would suck.
Old 02.06.2010, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Crompton has signed - this is very early, good to get him signed to let him concentrate on learning

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/02/char...d-qb-crompton/

I've also updated to reflect that Johnson has signed his tender

Last edited by Dave_R; 02.06.2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04.06.2010, 01:24 AM
All Pro

You can add TE Randy McMichael to the list, 1 year deal.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article...a-fea8e218c871

Isn't looking great for Epps.
Old 04.06.2010, 06:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALkulon View Post
You can add TE Randy McMichael to the list, 1 year deal.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article...a-fea8e218c871

Isn't looking great for Epps.
McMichaels isn't very good though.
Old 25.06.2010, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Stuckey and Epps have signed. I'll be shocked if Stuckey doesn't feature heavily in the rotation this year
Old 25.06.2010, 11:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramezes View Post
I'll be shocked if Stuckey doesn't feature heavily in the rotation this year
It's a given at the moment, only SS we have are him and Gregory!
Old 25.06.2010, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALkulon View Post
It's a given at the moment, only SS we have are him and Gregory!
I actually meant both safety spots seeing as they are so similar in our scheme (except when Ellison was playing near the line last year to utilise his skill set). I'd expect Weddle, Gregory, Stuckey and Oliver to jump between saftey positions (and possibly to the slot at times) as and when required. It'll be interesting to see what role Spillman plays this year
Old 25.06.2010, 02:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramezes View Post
I actually meant both safety spots seeing as they are so similar in our scheme (except when Ellison was playing near the line last year to utilise his skill set).
Breaking from topic a bit here, but (at the risk of sounding grossly ignorant), I was hoping you could explain this last statement a bit?

In SD's scheme how does the D-back situation change from a 'traditional' SS method? Who tends to pick up the Tight end? Do both the safeties tend to drop back in to a cover-2 deep coverage, with man coverage underneath?

While I'm at it, another thing I noticed last year in the few SD games I got to see, was that in the Williams-less D line, we tended to present a much more '4 man front' looking line up, albeit with the Defensive ends still poking at the 5 gaps. Most of the time, it looked like a 4-3. Is this a kind of '3-4, 4-3' hybrid to make up for a slightly less hench NT, or just playing around, showing pass rush with the OLBs like you normally would in a 3-4?

Certainly in the 'hail mary', dime back kind of situations, there always seemed to be a simple 4 man front and everyone else dropping back in coverage. Is this just leaving a linebacker there, and retaining the essential '3-4'-ness of the positioning?

Sorry for the ignorant questions, I always find it a lot harder to work out what is going on on the defensive side of the ball, it always looks chaotic.