Contract status - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 21.01.2013, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALkulon View Post
One little but important mistake - I believe Danario Alexander is actually restricted, so he stays with us thankfully.
Yep - I've added the restrictions for this year and one or two others
Old 25.01.2013, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
RB - Curtis Brinkley (RFA)
WR - Richard Goodman (ERFA)
WR - Seyi Ajirotutu (RFA)
WR - Danario Alexander (RFA)

OLB - Antwan Barnes
RB - Jackie Battle
C - Colin Baxter
LB - Bront Bird
RB - Ronnie Brown
CB - Chris Carr
CB – Antoine Cason
S - Sean Cattouse
OT - Brandon Dombrowski
NT - Aubrayo Franklin
OG - Tyronne Greene
CB - Greg Gatson
LB - Gary Guyton
OG - Rex Hadnot
CB - Quentin Jammer
S - Corey Lynch
DE - Vaughn Martin
LS - Kyle Nelson
K - Nick Novak
OLB - Shaun Phillips
TE - Dante Rosario
DE - Damik Scafe
OG - Stephen Schilling
WR - Michael Spurlock
OG - Louis Vasquez
OT - Reggie Wells
LB - Demorrio Williams
WR - Mike Willie
LS - Mike Windt (RFA)
Lots of free agents and lots of options

I think I'd focus on the guys in green first, Vasquez and Alexander would be the main priorities. I'd try to hang onto Dombrowski as he

Guys in orange would be players you'd bring back if the price was right depending on who else signed, obviously QJ would be in a reduced role or playing safety as his legs are on the way out
Old 25.01.2013, 03:24 PM
All Pro

How do contracts work with regards to injury clauses? Could we feasibly give Alexander a good contract with a clause saying when his knee goes we're not left with a huge salary cap hangover?

Also think Cason has to be green in that list. I know he's not the best but he's worth hanging on to. Can't see him asking for silly money and I certainly don't want to be heading into FA/draft time with only Wright and Gilchrist at CB.
Old 25.01.2013, 06:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
How do contracts work with regards to injury clauses? Could we feasibly give Alexander a good contract with a clause saying when his knee goes we're not left with a huge salary cap hangover?

Also think Cason has to be green in that list. I know he's not the best but he's worth hanging on to. Can't see him asking for silly money and I certainly don't want to be heading into FA/draft time with only Wright and Gilchrist at CB.
I don't think interest in Cason is going to be high around the league so we won't have to rush into a decision about him, I would prefer we have a look at other CB options first. The new regime has little vested interest in him so they could easily opt for a clean break.

I agree about Demorrio Williams, I figured he was just a 1 year vet for depth but he impressed me this year and I want him back for 2013.
Old 25.01.2013, 09:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglalakev View Post
I don't think interest in Cason is going to be high around the league so we won't have to rush into a decision about him, I would prefer we have a look at other CB options first. The new regime has little vested interest in him so they could easily opt for a clean break.
Yeah that's a good way to look at it I suppose. Inevitably I don't think I'll be disagreeing too vocally with anything the FO do this offseason (barring trading Rivers for a 7th!), it's their first go around so sort of just have to trust them even if their long term ideas aren't made known to us.
Old 26.01.2013, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

The thing with Cason is that he frustratingly inconsistent and I'd rather have a CB who maybe wasn't quite as good but you knew what you were getting. Either he or Jammer should really be back as you say a Wright\Gilchrist combo is scarily bare going into FA

I've updated the list for some of the lesser players and included their status when their contract expires