Eagles Thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Philadelphia Eagles

Old 11.09.2005, 04:43 PM
All Pro

Default Re:Eagles Thread

we must have one of the best defences in the game ... trotter, dawkins, sheppard ;D
Old 12.09.2005, 02:20 AM
All Pro

Only 23 more hours until our season starts!!!!

Go Birds!
Old 12.09.2005, 01:21 PM
All Pro

TO will get huge numbers this season and then he will have a case for more money! I agree will Nick on sky that coming back for the superbowl and doing what he did, he showed that I wanted the team to succeed and therefore fought really hard in order to reach the big day. Cant knock him for trying to get more money, his career could be over tomorrow with injury so get it while you can!

He's good enough to demand what the hell he likes! Im sure the eagles wil put up with all of the crap in order to get the player on the field!
Old 12.09.2005, 01:26 PM
All Pro

[quote author=hanuma link=board=1;threadid=12693;start=0#msg287200 date=1126432962]
offence;

decent line, lots of good weapons, varied running attack which can form part of the receiving corps. and an ever improving quaterback with arguably the best receiver in the league.

defence;

weakened slightly with simons gone, but still very good at both pass and run block.

coach;

andy reid is one of the best in the game....great organiser, great motivator and a brilliant tactician.

sorry....im prolly kissing a bit too much butt here.
[/quote]

Except clock management of course!
Old 12.09.2005, 01:29 PM
Starter

T.O. has never been any different, he was just handled differently by the press and the 9ers when he was in San Fran -- to a point.

He infuriated Mariucci on many occasions.

The media hype in Philadelphia is just plain obsessional and intrusive so if T.O. kicks up a fuss it'll be across the papers that afternoon.

He's self obsessed and a pain in the ass, but he's a great football player, you have to decide if you want the rough with the smooth and T.O. needs to learn to play team and stop whinging about the press when it doesn't go his way.

Saying what you want to "no comment" won't work in Phillie, they'll crucify him, sometimes well deserved.

T.O. is an enigma, always will be but they need him to get to the big game again, in my opinion.
Old 12.09.2005, 01:38 PM
All Pro

Definately right!

TO is a characteristic front, he is self confident and loves his own ability, to be honest if I was him I would be same. The guys a living legend but needs to be more team oriantated or on the other hand maybe he doesn't care about the team cause he knows he can go anywhere in the league and get a starting job and juicy contract!

The guys good thats for sure!

Is Marvin Harrison the only guy who is as good if not better then TO and Randy Moss but stays within a team game plan and works for other people aswell as himself!

Now thats a guy to respect!
Old 12.09.2005, 01:57 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Reevzee link=board=1;threadid=12693;start=15#msg288729 date=1126532326]
Is Marvin Harrison the only guy who is as good if not better then TO and Randy Moss but stays within a team game plan and works for other people aswell as himself!

Now thats a guy to respect!
[/quote]

Harrison's not on the same level as Moss.
Old 12.09.2005, 02:01 PM
All Pro

I think he is, but Moss is on another planet so I'll give you that one!
Old 12.09.2005, 02:16 PM
All Pro

Harrison's a great all-round guy to have on your team, he's got talent, speed, and attitude that makes him a great asset. In addition he and Manning have got great connections.

He's a very good receiver but he can be dominated in single coverage occasionally. Putting Moss or T.O. in single coverage for any length of time would be a serious mistake.
Old 12.09.2005, 02:21 PM
Starter

I think TO's been told to shut up and put up or you won't be playing this year.

Eagles look good but tonight will be a good test. Hope the new boys do well.

[glow=green,2,300]E A G L E S[/glow]