LT - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 03.10.2010, 06:34 PM
Rookie

Default LT

My first post on here is to acknowledge the greatness of LT. LaDainian Tomlinson has 80 yards and 1 TD for the Jets in the first half against the Bills. OK this is a terrible Bills team, but this season we have truly seen a Renaissance from LT.

LT has almost 13,000 Rushing Yards in his careers and 140 TDs. Can you believe the disrespect that he was shown by the San Diego Chargers?? He WAS the San Diego Chargers. Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates had some unkind remarks to make about LT after he left the organisation, why? That really knocked them two guys down a peg or two in my estimation of them. The Bolts will never win a title with their current coach. LT has a chance of winning a title under the guidance of Sexy Rexy!
Old 03.10.2010, 06:38 PM
MVP

Unbelievable how explosive he looks. I wasn't a fan at the pickup at the time. Thought he'd be a solid third down back with reliable hands but he's playing like a man possessed. Yes our line has given him more room but my god he looks like a different player than the one who struggled over the last two season. Maybe the injuries had more of an impact than most thought.

Love the guy, class act and a legend of the game. He's just in a zone right now.
Old 03.10.2010, 06:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBuckeyes2011 View Post
My first post on here is to acknowledge the greatness of LT. LaDainian Tomlinson has 80 yards and 1 TD for the Jets in the first half against the Bills. OK this is a terrible Bills team, but this season we have truly seen a Renaissance from LT.

LT has almost 13,000 Rushing Yards in his careers and 140 TDs. Can you believe the disrespect that he was shown by the San Diego Chargers?? He WAS the San Diego Chargers. Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates had some unkind remarks to make about LT after he left the organisation, why? That really knocked them two guys down a peg or two in my estimation of them. The Bolts will never win a title with their current coach. LT has a chance of winning a title under the guidance of Sexy Rexy!
he wasn't really the Bolts, they had a wonderful O-Line that gave him all the time and all the space in the world to run through I thought personally? It's never about one person!

Not forgetting AP and Hightower have already equalled and surpassed 80yd runs and one TD and CJ not far behind as well, good player don't get me wrong though
Old 03.10.2010, 06:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBuckeyes2011 View Post
Can you believe the disrespect that he was shown by the San Diego Chargers?? He WAS the San Diego Chargers. Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates had some unkind remarks to make about LT after he left the organisation, why? That really knocked them two guys down a peg or two in my estimation of them. The Bolts will never win a title with their current coach. LT has a chance of winning a title under the guidance of Sexy Rexy!
I take it you didn't see him throw the Chargers under the bus in the off season. He blamed the o line and the coaching for why he didn't do well last year. Real classy.
Old 03.10.2010, 06:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe91 View Post
I take it you didn't see him throw the Chargers under the bus in the off season. He blamed the o line and the coaching for why he didn't do well last year. Real classy.
so much easier blaming someone else
Old 03.10.2010, 06:48 PM
All Pro

He has without doubt been our best player so far this year and I NEVER thought I'd be saying that.
Will be ordering my #21 jersey at the end of the month.
Old 03.10.2010, 06:54 PM
Rookie

T-RAC: Ok i might be taking it a step too far by saying that he was the Chargers but I do think they could have traded him with more respect. Especially Rivers *******g about him after he was gone, even if what he says is true why bother saying anything?
Old 03.10.2010, 06:57 PM
Rookie

Joe91: Sorry buddy, but I just think youre organisation could have shown him more respect.
I cant see you guys doing much under the leadership of Norv Turner, especially given the whole mess surrounding V-Jax this year. I dont think you should ever have got rid of Marty!
Old 03.10.2010, 07:12 PM
All Pro

Respect is a two way street. He was widely known to dislike Turner from that start and never showed him much respect. and what exactly did Rivers and Gates say? I know they made some comments about it being a better environment without LT around and I don't necessarily think thats disrespectful.

There was a story I think Rivers told, that when anybody is late to an offensive meeting the rest of the guys stand up and sarcastically clap him until he takes his seat. LT was the only guy they didn't do this to. It shows that LT was a weight around the neck of some players and they felt intimidated by him. Thats not necessarily LTs fault but it ain't the other players either.

It happens sometimes with a great player sometimes. The same situation happened with Thierry Henry and Arsenal a few years ago.
Old 03.10.2010, 07:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe91 View Post
No he didn't. Your guys went after him the off-season. LT said he was disappointed that they would say that about him, he simply thought they should run more.

He didn't blame anyone.

Tags
chargers , jets , laclassy dog-faker , lawrence tynes , rubbish tattoo , ryan , tomlinson