The winds of change are blowing... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Rams

Old 06.10.2010, 02:22 PM
Rookie

Default The winds of change are blowing...

for the St. Louis Rams.

What do you think of Bradford so far? Is he the real deal?
Old 06.10.2010, 02:35 PM
All Pro

So far Bradford has been outstanding. With his outstanding performances in all 4 games (even though 2 games where close losses) fans and the expert's seem to forget about the O-Line. The Big Guys up Front are a BIG contribution to Bradford's more or less 'superb' performances. Our O-Line also created holes for S.J. and blocked really well when we did the screens on Sunday's game against the Hawks. As the reporter says, Bradford is THE Real Deal. He is for real. I hope he will be as loyal as S.J. and won't move out after 2 seasons. He is young and he still has all the ability to get better. Once he gets comfortable with all the different D's he will be facing, he is definitely going to be one of the Best QB's in the league. Lets hope the best.

On the other hand, our 'D' has been OUTSTANDING this year. Chris Long as usual and #55 our LB, have been in very good form so far. We allow the fewest points per game in the NFC West so far. Lets hope we can keep it up!
Old 06.10.2010, 02:45 PM
MVP

2 wins and all we hear is Bradford Bradford how about that O-line ? D-line ? Laurinaitis, Robbins,Fletcher and even Bartell has been playing outstanding

Old 06.10.2010, 02:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevellWriting View Post
for the St. Louis Rams.

To answer the question, yes... yes he is. I don't care if people want to tell me he's only played 4 games, i know that. The fact that the Pete Carroll said the Seahwaks did gameplan for him, that Whisenhunt said he's going to be special and Mike Shanahan who's track record on QB's is pretty good said that he's a once every 10-15 year prospect tells me that people already know this kid is a player.

And yes the winds of change are blowing but Bradford is just one piece of the puzzle, our defense has come on leaps and bounds under our second year with this coaching staff. James Laurinitis was our best pick from last years draft but Bradley Fletcher has been phenominal as well especially considering he's back and playing less than a year from tearing his ACL. Then we've got the veteran guys like James Hall who is an all round pro and Fred Robbins who's been a great leader up front.

The change started once we got rid of Shaw/Zygmant as well as Linahan and his coaching staff. Looking back and seeing players like Corey Chavous, Todd Johnson Tye Hill, Adam Carriker, Alex Barron, Jonathan Wade, Nick Leckey, Claude Wroten, Dominique Byrd, Joe Klopfenstein etc. on our roster it's no surprise to see why we was dismal for years.
Old 06.10.2010, 03:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock & Load View Post
2 wins and all we hear is Bradford Bradford how about that O-line ? D-line ? Laurinaitis, Robbins,Fletcher and even Bartell has been playing outstanding

That's my point. All we hear is Bradford being amazing. 'Experts' forget that American Football is the ultimate Team sport! The team wins games not the player!
Old 06.10.2010, 06:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevellWriting View Post
for the St. Louis Rams.

Whilst it's not hard to be impressed with Bradford, there is much more to our turn around than him. Whilst I personally think our O line hasn't been that good (Sjax has been hit way too many times for negative or 0 yards) the Clayton acquisition has proved to be a shrewd one. Although I think Bradford tends to lock onto him a little too much. You've also got Almendola who's become a little star in that slot role. He still also has a long way to go, the locking onto guys is still an issue and his blitz recognition is by no means a strong point atm. But his poise and composure are what I'm liking, and liking an awful lot. The rest should get better with experience but I'm not sure you can teach that. Would have been easy for him to hide away after that terrible throw at the weekend but he didn't, in fact in each game so far he's responded well to a terrible throw. I do still believe his accuracy is overrated, it's by no means a weakness, but it was supposed to be his big strength, but it's no way near as good as his poise and composure. We have a QB. How good he becomes, time will tell.

The biggest difference between this team and last years is the defence. We'd have won more than 1 game last year if the defence had performed like this. I was expecting an improvement as there were times last year you could see flashes of improvement but I think it's performing at a level I didn't expect.

Talking of performances I didn't expect, #55. Imho he's been head and shoulders above anyone the last couple of weeks, not only does he look like he's moving into the 'very good' MLB club, if he keeps the level of performance he did against the Seahags, he could easily become considered elite, he was that good on Sunday.Still seen nothing to convince me that Diggs has been an upgrade at SLB, and Grant, who I thought looked good at the beginning of the year, seems to be making silly mistakes atm. Was nice to see Vobora come in at the weekend and make a play, as some on here will know, I'm a fan of his.

To continue on the defensive side of the ball, both our CB's have looked much better. Bartell's coverage has been so impressive, if he had ANY hands whatsoever he'd have a couple of picks, and we'd probably have an extra win the column. Fletcher is a great story, especially after coming off that injury last year. He's getting himself into trouble every now and then, but he's also making some plays. Safety's I'm not sold on either, would feel much better about seeing OJ back in there.

D line, has shown a bit more over the last couple of weeks. Personally think Robbins play has been a little bit overrated, he seems to make a play and go awol for the rest of the game. But what's been so impressive imho is that EVERY player who plays on our D line rotation seems to be making plays, which is huge. IF we keep getting pressure out of these guys, the rest of the defence has a much easier job.

Anyway that's probably tl;dr. Regardless, the future is much more positive.
Old 06.10.2010, 06:39 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaNo_Sco View Post
Whilst it's not hard to be impressed with Bradford, there is much more to our turn around than him. Whilst I personally think our O line hasn't been that good (Sjax has been hit way too many times for negative or 0 yards) the Clayton acquisition has proved to be a shrewd one. Although I think Bradford tends to lock onto him a little too much. You've also got Almendola who's become a little star in that slot role. He still also has a long way to go, the locking onto guys is still an issue and his blitz recognition is by no means a strong point atm. But his poise and composure are what I'm liking, and liking an awful lot. The rest should get better with experience but I'm not sure you can teach that. Would have been easy for him to hide away after that terrible throw at the weekend but he didn't, in fact in each game so far he's responded well to a terrible throw. I do still believe his accuracy is overrated, it's by no means a weakness, but it was supposed to be his big strength, but it's no way near as good as his poise and composure. We have a QB. How good he becomes, time will tell.

The biggest difference between this team and last years is the defence. We'd have won more than 1 game last year if the defence had performed like this. I was expecting an improvement as there were times last year you could see flashes of improvement but I think it's performing at a level I didn't expect.

Talking of performances I didn't expect, #55. Imho he's been head and shoulders above anyone the last couple of weeks, not only does he look like he's moving into the 'very good' MLB club, if he keeps the level of performance he did against the Seahags, he could easily become considered elite, he was that good on Sunday.Still seen nothing to convince me that Diggs has been an upgrade at SLB, and Grant, who I thought looked good at the beginning of the year, seems to be making silly mistakes atm. Was nice to see Vobora come in at the weekend and make a play, as some on here will know, I'm a fan of his.

To continue on the defensive side of the ball, both our CB's have looked much better. Bartell's coverage has been so impressive, if he had ANY hands whatsoever he'd have a couple of picks, and we'd probably have an extra win the column. Fletcher is a great story, especially after coming off that injury last year. He's getting himself into trouble every now and then, but he's also making some plays. Safety's I'm not sold on either, would feel much better about seeing OJ back in there.

D line, has shown a bit more over the last couple of weeks. Personally think Robbins play has been a little bit overrated, he seems to make a play and go awol for the rest of the game. But what's been so impressive imho is that EVERY player who plays on our D line rotation seems to be making plays, which is huge. IF we keep getting pressure out of these guys, the rest of the defence has a much easier job.

Anyway that's probably tl;dr. Regardless, the future is much more positive.
Great Read! Very true!

Tags
sam bradford , steven jackson