The Cricket Thread - Page 13 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 02.11.2011, 06:12 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveer1 View Post
Good responses. You guys must still agree 50 Over world cup is biggest spectacle of cricket? I know England fans have ashes that they love, but you wouldnt put ashes ahead of world cup? Or would you?
I agree t20 to me, is just a bit of fun.
Odis and tests require a lot of skill.
Test cricket > the rest. The ashes especially.
Old 03.11.2011, 12:15 AM
Banned

Obviously I hesitate to endorse a bloke from Burnley but yes, you're right. Indians, Pakistanis, they're rubbish. And cheats.

Only in a cricketing context though. As nations they're fantastic.
Old 03.11.2011, 01:15 AM
All Pro

Oh come on, your calling India 'rubbish'?. ODI cricket might not mean much to you, but to the england team and every single other cricketing nation in the world it means a hell of a lot. We are world champions in that. It was only a couple of months ago india were knocked off no1 in the test rankings. India stayed world no1 in tests for the 3rd longest duration in history of the test rankings. Want to know what 2 teams held the ranking longer? The GREAT West Indian team and the Australian team which had warne mcgrath lee ponting hayden langer etc. The 2 greatest teams cricket has produced and only them 2 had a longer reign than India did till few months ago as world no1 in test rankings. So how are india 'rubbish'? Never mind players like Tendulkar the greatest batsman of all time still around been dominating since his debut when he was 16. And Dravid who unfortunately for him is in the same era as Tendulkar, but still will do down as one of the greats of all time also.

And Indians are not cheats. Pakistan are the country which always cheats. Dont say India. No Indian would ever like to be compared in the same breath as pakistan.

Well lets see if England can do what india did. Hold onto their no1 test ranking for almost 2 years. Since the demise of the outstanding Australian team , India really stepped up; became world no1 in tests for almost 2 years, aswell as becoming world champions. In regards to no1 in Tests, Trust me dont say i warned you, its a lot easier getting there than staying there .....

By the way I do support england 2nd lol, and against pakistan in couple of months time i hope to God you give them a proper thrashing. Hopefully like the 1 you gave us not long ago loool

Last edited by Manveer1; 03.11.2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03.11.2011, 01:44 AM
Hall of Fame

Test Cricket is far superior for me.
Old 03.11.2011, 01:59 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi 54 View Post
Despite what Indian cricket would have you believe, Test cricket is the pinnacle of the game.

You got snotted at it
Haha i know it is, it is to me too. I was just saying every cricketing nation, and every cricketing nation fans, including Australia (apart from the ashes) , now take priority with ODIS than tests.
Test cricket will always be no1 to me, with ODIS not far behind though at all. And in my opinion, all proper cricket lovers would have Tests 1st then Odis.
Old 03.11.2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

Of course India aren't rubbish. They just lack a little, er, what's the term, application at times and that was particularly evident this summer. That's a kind of cheating. I love India, it's my second favourite of the sub-continent nations. If you go to war with Pakistan I'll be firmly on your side in a distant, unhelpful sort of way.
Old 21.11.2011, 11:38 PM
All Pro

My point about test cricket has been proven numerous times recently. Murali came out and said test cricket is being paid for by ODI cricket as in sri lanka test cricket is running at a loss. India playing west indies now, india in tests= small attendances. India in ODIS=full houses every single time (only exception in last 20 years is recent england series where there was a lot of reasons why turnouts were low). Australia v south africa, mouth watering series. But they play 2 tests, 5 odis and 2 t20s. Every1 knows the reason why. just 2 test matches in the whole tour. England is only nation which gets regular good crowds for tests. They sell out against australia for obvious reasons, and sell out against india due to the large indian fan base in the country. The Sri Lanka series here wasnt a sell out at all, and i doubt the west indies 1 will be too. South africa series i believe will be.
What im trying to say is what ive said before here, priority has now gone away from test cricket. Which is an auful shame. Andy Flower and James anderson have both come out recently saying it also. The champions trophy which i regard as a waste of time, was chosen instead of the first test championship of all time. This is because of the sheer amount of money from advertising and seat sales which countries would get.

Its a shame, but any1 who knows their cricket knows how test cricket brings in low attendances all around the world, compared to ODIS and t20s which usually have packed houses.

Magnificent run chase by australia today, but stadium was less than a quarter full. If it was ODI it would most likely of been a sell out.
Old 26.11.2011, 06:31 PM
Banned

agree with Swann, get rid of One Day cricket or at least cut it down...its so empty and is killing the sport. We know Indians cant be trusted to do whats best for the long term future of cricket....theyre too caught up in their discovery of capatalism...so lets be less pc..less hung up about "colonialism" and tell India to treat our game with respect or we`ll stop funding their poor while they attempt a space programme....
Old 26.11.2011, 07:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB79 View Post
agree with Swann, get rid of One Day cricket or at least cut it down...its so empty and is killing the sport. We know Indians cant be trusted to do whats best for the long term future of cricket....theyre too caught up in their discovery of capatalism...so lets be less pc..less hung up about "colonialism" and tell India to treat our game with respect or we`ll stop funding their poor while they attempt a space programme....
Fair enough what you said about ODI cricket every1s views on it is different.This thread is full off english fans who are full of knowledge and interesting views, who are passionate BUT also respect their opponents, and add humour; however you come about here with bordering racist moronic comments and your the only person on this board whos comments are downright insulting and pathetic.
Can I ask you why you are slagging of india so much ''stop funding their poor'' what need is there for that comment? Every1 knows their is still poverty in india despite the amount of money there now, but tell me who do you think you are with comments like that? Are you not aware that Indias economy is forecast and on course for overtaking both the German and UK economy in the upcoming years? Want proof google it and see how many economists show u all the facts. And tell me whats india doing that isnt treating the game with respect you moron? In t20, the IPL has increased the status of t20, with all the best players playing in IPL and it being televised in every major cricketing nation. In ODIS India just hosted the most watched world cup of all time. In tests we just recently lost our own no1 status in test cricket which was the 3rd longest reign of world no1 in tests after the incredible west indies team of the 80s-90s and the australian team of warne mcgrath etc, never mind its been an eternity since england last won a TEST SERIES in India;. So how isnt india treating ''our game'' with respect? Whats it done wrong? Is that jelousy that the 2 best teams of all time by a country mile are the west indies team and the australia team? Or that the greatest 2 batsman of all time tendulkar and bradman are non english? And top 2 bowlers? Or is it that india took t20 to IPL, at a time when england were trying to create a competition that would bring all the world biggest names to play in a regular t20 competition?

Every country apart from england, (apart from australia regarding the ashes), have almost full on empty stadiums in test matches. Which is exact opposite to ODIS and T20s. WI, Aus, Sa, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, NZ, bagladesh all examples. ODI cricket brings in all the money and all the viewers. Both the australian and south african boards agreed upon the 2 test series, they wernt forced. My best mate did a essay at university about cricket , and showed me all the figures around the world regarding tv viewings with cricket. ODI cricket has almost TRIPLE the amount of viewers in every single country. Even England where some fans speak out against ODIs and T20s had higher amount of viewers THIS summer than the test series.i LOVE test cricket but to be honest its not priority around the world at all now. I hate that it isnt. It annoys me a lot

Last edited by Manveer1; 26.11.2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 26.11.2011, 07:58 PM
Pro

Are you for real DB79?