Going to a Chargers game - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 11.05.2012, 09:32 AM
Team Captain

Default Going to a Chargers game

Any of you been? whats it like? Have any of you ever done short stops like a 4/5 day stay in San diego just for the game. Teachers hols are a pain for the NFL season!
Old 11.05.2012, 09:54 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio View Post
Any of you been? whats it like? Have any of you ever done short stops like a 4/5 day stay in San diego just for the game. Teachers hols are a pain for the NFL season!
A Teacher, complaining about holidays! LOL.

A week off early Oct' (half term), another in Nov' I believe, at least 2 weeks off over Christmas - yeah, proper pain for the NFL that is.
Old 11.05.2012, 09:57 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio View Post
Yep seen the chargers in San Diego a few times, away at Chicago and at Wembley.

Its great, I loved it and would highly reccommend it. Yep SD is a great city to visit and well worth a 4/5 day stop.

Thinking of going?
Old 11.05.2012, 11:04 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
A Teacher, complaining about holidays! LOL.

A week off early Oct' (half term), another in Nov' I believe, at least 2 weeks off over Christmas - yeah, proper pain for the NFL that is.
would love to go over half term but how viable an option is that for october half term to San Diego, 4-5 day trip make sense or a bit of a waste to be over there for such a short time?
Old 14.05.2012, 05:26 PM
All Pro

It's brilliant.Great city and the tailgating is superb..As for 4/5 days I think it could be long enough for the city,But I would think about a few days somewhere else aswell.
It's a very long flight (16 hours) if direct,more if not for such a short stay
Old 24.05.2012, 12:26 PM
Starter

I went to see them play the Cardinal's early October in 2010. Great experience - all the fans were really friendly and transport to and from the stadium is good.

Fully recommend it - although as it's so far away, might be worth visiting somewhere else while you are there. Vegas?!
Old 30.05.2012, 03:08 PM
Team Captain

I'm tentatively looking at heading over to SD to see them play this season. Would be great to see them over there.

Saw them in London and loved it (obviously).
Old 23.08.2012, 09:26 AM
Starter

Went to California last year and thought San Diego was awesome ! You can fly direct to SD with BA so if you have to go in Half Term that's an option ! If it were me though you could tie SD up with a trip to Vegas and LA ? I'm going to California again next year around Sept/Oct so hopeing I'll be lucky and get to a game !
Old 28.08.2012, 04:19 PM
Pro

I'm going over for the Falcons game, staying in Pacific Beach. Will be there for 4 nights, any recommendations on things to do, or advice on tailgating at the Q?
Old 28.08.2012, 04:32 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carps View Post
I'm going over for the Falcons game, staying in Pacific Beach. Will be there for 4 nights, any recommendations on things to do, or advice on tailgating at the Q?
Sea World
The Zoo
Getting drunk in the gaslamp Quarter
Visit coronado

To name just a few things lol

As for tailgating, if your going by the trolley, then after the game expect massive queues so i wouldnt rush to get back to the trolley, just have a walk around the stadium for an hour and let the masses dispurse then get the trolley back in comfort as aposed to cramming into the trolley and sweating yourself to death.