Going to a Chargers game - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 28.04.2014, 08:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
I actually chose to be a Bolts fan because of an all consuming desire visit SD.....several times! Such a beautiful city plus I love my music more than I love football and most of what i listen too is from that region of ca, I just KNOW im gonna love it out there! If I ever save up enough its SD or bust!!
Too date though the only bolts game ive been too was the London game, not quite the memorable experience I was hoping for, but I think that was mainly because Wembley and its staff therein were woefully inept at hosting an event like this. Still at least it wasnt chucking it down like it was at Dolphins/Giants game the tear before. lol
Also a music fan of the so-cal scene. Especially P.O.D ..my favourite group - and from Southtown SD
Old 28.04.2014, 11:02 PM
All Pro

Chargers tend to sell tickets for top drawer games as part of a pack of four. You will get individual tickets, but not for the cheaper seats until nearer the time once all the multi-game tickets have sold. You'll get the usual scalpers outside the stadium on game-day, but if you're going to buy from them do two things -

1. Ask how much for what ticket beforehand, have someone else hold on to your money for you out of the way while you do this. Go back and get the exact amount from your friend, return and get your ticket. Don't let the scalper see you have more cash/wave wads of notes about in general.

2. Don't do it anywhere near stadium security or concessions staff. You'll get booted for the premises, arrested, charged, and prosecuted. They take ticket scalping very, very seriously.

Best seats for the money are probably Club/Plaza/Loge depending on where you prefer to sit. Field seats are crap, and the upper deck needs binos tbh

http://www.chargers.com/tickets/seating-chart.html

Keep an eye on the official site and they'll announce when single game tickets go on sale. Ring the office and book with CC or you can reserve them online and pick up on Gameday. It's pretty simple. Can't remember when I last booked for a September game but it must have been around June'ish.
Old 05.05.2014, 02:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner89 View Post
I am looking for some advice on going to a Chargers game. I am travelling across America this summer and will be in San Diego for the week 2 game against the Seahawks.

I have been looking on the chargers website and it seems they don’t sell individual game tickets and only offer season tickets, is this right?

Since then I have looked on stubhub and NFL ticket exchange and tickets in my price range (up to $200/£120) seem to either be the side line seats in the top level or the end zone plaza. These seem quite expensive for those kind of seats, what’s the best way to get cheaper tickets, buy now or wait until closer to the time? Where is the best place to seat for view and atmosphere?

Any other advice people who have been to a game have about transport, tailgating, tips and anything to do with San Diego in general will be much appreciated!
Hi Tanner89, I went out there last season for a game and am planning my trip to return this year :P

My advice on tickets is to wait a little bit. I got mine and will do again through the NFL Ticketexchange nearer the time..theres always seats going at the Q. Just keep your eyes peeled as the season approaches. Be aware though if you book on the Northern side of the stadium you can almost certainly guarantee it will be sunny so don't forget a hat...or suncream lol. Note also no alcohol is permitted in blocks 56-58 UV if you drink.

Transport round San Diego is very easy. Use the 'Trolley' to get to the stadium, drops you right outside. Get there nice and early for tailgate (9.30am) as they have the early 1pm EST games on big screens in the free Power party (a section where you can meet the cheerleaders, large bar, activites etc). I'd also say walk round the whole parking lot and meet some fans. Everyone is very friendly and will offer free food and drink especially when they realise you have come all way from the UK!

The place to stay if you want to party and meet lots of people is the Ocean Beach International Hostel, awesome place and fantastic area by beaches with lots of bars, plus downtown is only a 30min bus ride away. (It's approx 40 mins from the stadium)

If you happen to be there for a little period, I was told by a Packers fan in OB that 'Tiny's' is an offical packer fans bar and is walkable from the Hostel I've mentioned.

Hopefully that gives you some food for thought and I'm sure some others can give further advice
Old 08.05.2014, 03:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhowey View Post
Hi Tanner89, I went out there last season for a game and am planning my trip to return this year :P

My advice on tickets is to wait a little bit. I got mine and will do again through the NFL Ticketexchange nearer the time..theres always seats going at the Q. Just keep your eyes peeled as the season approaches. Be aware though if you book on the Northern side of the stadium you can almost certainly guarantee it will be sunny so don't forget a hat...or suncream lol. Note also no alcohol is permitted in blocks 56-58 UV if you drink.

Transport round San Diego is very easy. Use the 'Trolley' to get to the stadium, drops you right outside. Get there nice and early for tailgate (9.30am) as they have the early 1pm EST games on big screens in the free Power party (a section where you can meet the cheerleaders, large bar, activites etc). I'd also say walk round the whole parking lot and meet some fans. Everyone is very friendly and will offer free food and drink especially when they realise you have come all way from the UK!

The place to stay if you want to party and meet lots of people is the Ocean Beach International Hostel, awesome place and fantastic area by beaches with lots of bars, plus downtown is only a 30min bus ride away. (It's approx 40 mins from the stadium)

If you happen to be there for a little period, I was told by a Packers fan in OB that 'Tiny's' is an offical packer fans bar and is walkable from the Hostel I've mentioned.

Hopefully that gives you some food for thought and I'm sure some others can give further advice
Thanks for the reply sjhowey!

I think I will hold back for a while to get tickets like you recommended, I'm tempted to buy now just to make sure I've got a ticket as I am a bit worried about not being able to get the game but will hold out
What was your experience like using NFL ticket exchange? everyone else on the forum seems to say it is the best way to get tickets

That tailgate sounds great, I have only ever been to the international series games and experienced that tailgate. How would you say the Q atmosphere/tailgate compares to Wembley? I am a solo traveller so will be looking to get chatting to people so will try to use the English accent!

I will check out that hostel you recommended, I was also advised of a place called "lucky D's" near the Gaslamp district so will have to do some research.

Great advice on the packers bar but think the only time they will be playing when I am in San Diego is the same time as the chargers game otherwise I would have definitely gone there!
Old 08.05.2014, 05:08 PM
MVP

I've stayed at the HI hostel right in the Gaslamp both times I've been to SD. Check that out too.
Old 15.05.2014, 06:47 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner89 View Post
Thanks for the reply sjhowey!

I think I will hold back for a while to get tickets like you recommended, I'm tempted to buy now just to make sure I've got a ticket as I am a bit worried about not being able to get the game but will hold out
What was your experience like using NFL ticket exchange? everyone else on the forum seems to say it is the best way to get tickets

That tailgate sounds great, I have only ever been to the international series games and experienced that tailgate. How would you say the Q atmosphere/tailgate compares to Wembley? I am a solo traveller so will be looking to get chatting to people so will try to use the English accent!

I will check out that hostel you recommended, I was also advised of a place called "lucky D's" near the Gaslamp district so will have to do some research.

Great advice on the packers bar but think the only time they will be playing when I am in San Diego is the same time as the chargers game otherwise I would have definitely gone there!
No problem,

I've actually noticed single tickets are on the ticket exchange already so maybe do get them asap if you have everything else booked to be safe. Using the ticketmaster exchange was simple as, I just got a e-ticket by email, printed off and went to the game

Tailgate is lot different to Wembley as fans pitch up with all their own gear (bbq's/gazebos/chairs/tables/tones of beer/games and ALOT of food!) Plenty of Carne asada was being grilled! I even came across 1 guy with 9 monitiors attached to the back of his truck showing the early matches! The Power party section is more similiar to Wembley for those who are just strolling in but as I said before, just go out into the lots and experience the real tailgating.

Watch the Tailgate32 series if you havnt already, SD isnt the best episode but still good nevertheless, you will end up watching all 32 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v2g1TIoSug

I've heard of Lucky D's but don't know anyone who has stayed, Urbanlegends recommendation of HI I heard is good to. It's more down to your personal perference really, downtown or beach. Gaslamp is great but I found it to be really quiet besides Fri/sat night and quite pricey so prefer to hang out on the beaches and play sports and enjoy the bars there . You'll enjoy it either way, its not called Americas finest city for nothing!
Old 15.05.2014, 11:44 PM
All Pro

Love Tailgate 32 - great series
Old 27.05.2014, 01:15 PM
Rookie

I keep checking ticket exchange and am looking to buy tickets in the next couple of weeks, seem to be some good seats for the plaza sideline/corner. Any area that is best? Which blocks are worst affected by the sun you mentioned?

The tailgating sounds great! I will definitely get there early and get the full experience. I had never seen Tailgate32 but have just watched it and is very interesting, going to check out all the other teams as well now!

Still a while before I go so going to look into a few places but the beach vibe does sound cool and a bit different to Gaslamp.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 13.06.2014, 11:53 AM
Starter

Smile

Use the virtual stadium - http://chargers.io-media.com/ to get an idea of best seats. Have you already got tickets? single game went on sale couple weeks back. Got mine for raiders and rams , bring it on!
Old 13.06.2014, 02:19 PM
Rookie

Sjhowey, thank you very much for your post! I didn’t think individual game tickets were available so was just about to buy one on ticketexchange and pay a lot more than face value so you saved me some money!

I wanted plaza tickets and there wasn’t many left, best options were P25 endzone and P61 corner/sideline. I used the link you sent to check out the view from both options went for P25. The rows were higher up for a better view, on the chargers side of the field, above the tunnel so be good to see entrances there and I want to watch one game from the endzone to see what it’s like compared to sideline. Have you sat near there or any idea what it’s like? I hope you’re not going to tell me I made the wrong decision and bought bad seats haha

Did you manage to get the seats you wanted for both games? I can’t wait until September now!