Super Bowl XLVII - Ravens - 49ers - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Closed Thread

Old 21.01.2013, 03:36 AM
GOAT

Default Super Bowl XLVII - Ravens - 49ers

So here we go then - for me the best match up from the 4 teams that played in the championship games - and this one feels rather special.

The Harbaugh Bowl with Ray Lewis taking his last bow and the semi rookie with only 9 starts in the NFL clash for the greatest prize in sports (imo)... I have not felt this excited about a Super Bowl since my Dolphins were there against the 49ers in SB XIX...

I hope #52 leaves the sport holding the Lombardi high and leaves on a high note just as Bettis did a few years ago now.

What do you like and hope for this one?

Discuss.
Old 21.01.2013, 03:38 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
So here we go then - for me the best match up from the 4 teams that played in the championship games - and this one feels rather special.

The Harbaugh Bowl with Ray Lewis taking his last bow and the semi rookie with only 9 starts in the NFL clash for the greatest prize in sports (imo)... I have not felt this excited about a Super Bowl since my Dolphins were there against the 49ers in SB XIX...

I hope #52 leaves the sport holding the Lombardi high and leaves on a high note just as Bettis did a few years ago now.

What do you like and hope for this one?

Discuss.
Patrick Willis has plenty of years ahead of him.

Old 21.01.2013, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Larry, we already have a "Who Wins Super Bowl 47?" Thread.
Old 21.01.2013, 03:51 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Larry, we already have a "Who Wins Super Bowl 47?" Thread.
well we have a poll - which to be fair I did not see when I posted this thread which was designed to discuss the game and as my post above describes the things cogitate over - your thread is more . like a heat magazine feature however I did vote after I spotted it all the same
Old 21.01.2013, 03:53 AM
MVP

We'll also get a who do you want to win poll. All good, it's two weeks yet.
Old 21.01.2013, 03:55 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
You wanna set that poll up
Old 21.01.2013, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
Yeah, sounds like a great idea.
Old 21.01.2013, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
well we have a poll - which to be fair I did not see when I posted this thread which was designed to discuss the game and as my post above describes the things cogitate over - your thread is more . like a heat magazine feature however I did vote after I spotted it all the same
And my thread was supposed to discuss what exactly? Celebrity Big Brother.
Old 21.01.2013, 04:11 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Yeah, sounds like a great idea.
Use smilies. come on man, how am I supposed to know. I'm drunk and I accidentally hit myself with a car door.
Old 21.01.2013, 04:36 AM
Starter

I entered the playoffs supporting mainly Lewis. But his weekly tears have now come to the point where they seem forced and his endless thanking of God is becoming a sight for sore eyes. However, I appreciate Ed Reed so much to the point where I still want the Ravens to win the Super Bowl. He's so humble, he didn't even go onto the AFC presentation stage. It's likely that this is his last run with the Ravens also, yet you don't hear a word from him. A true professional down the years.

I'm quite torn though. I was hoping I'd have a team I'd support / hate in the Super Bowl, but I like these two. In fact of all the realistic AFC teams from the season's beginning, Baltimore was the one I wanted to get there. San Francisco were the NFC team I wanted to get there. And whilst I'd love to see Moss get a ring, I have a feeling he may be back next year. Willis and Bowman are also two players I support but will have many more opportunities. It's a win/win or lose/lose situation for me.

Reed v Moss/Willis/Bowman/Gore.
Closed Thread

Tags
44 years , 49ers dynasty! , beyonce>kaley! , eli + peyton = brady , harbaughoiled egg , harbore final , i want cake now , kaepernick = liability , lets go 9ers , more 49ers futility , no eli in nola , no trip to disney? , patriot free zone , ray lewis is gay? , roid rage? , six appeal , six of the best , supharbaughl , wardrobe malfunction