WWE thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 29.01.2013, 07:28 PM
All Pro

Default WWE thread

Im sure there used to be a WWE thread here a while ago. Tried searching for it but no luck. (Yes I know this could also be placed in the Entertainment section)

Anyone watch Royal Rumble? Views on it?

Brock Lesnar returned to Raw today, and accidentally broke Vince Mchmahon's pelves with his F5 lol
Old 29.01.2013, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, Brock "broke" VKM's pelvis, same as he "broke" Triple H's arm a few months back...

Rumble had it's moments (by the looks of it, my days of paying for WWE PPVs are long gone), most noticeably Jericho's return but the results of the Rumble and the Punk v Rock match have been obvious for months. This year will be unbearable with Super-Cena beating the Rock at Wrestlemania and probably holding the title all year, not to mention the continually crap script writing and failure to push the young talent on the roster....
Old 29.01.2013, 07:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Actually, Brock "broke" VKM's pelvis, same as he "broke" Triple H's arm a few months back...

Rumble had it's moments (by the looks of it, my days of paying for WWE PPVs are long gone), most noticeably Jericho's return but the results of the Rumble and the Punk v Rock match have been obvious for months. This year will be unbearable with Super-Cena beating the Rock at Wrestlemania and probably holding the title all year, not to mention the continually crap script writing and failure to push the young talent on the roster....
To be honest, there is some fantastic talent on the roster now, Rhodes, Scholars, Miz, Barrett, Kingston, Bryant to name a few. But I know what you mean, I streamed it online for free (Shoot me) with some Uni mates onto a projector. The matches were very good, but predictable. Will be interesting to see what happens with Punk, Undertaker, The Shield and Lesnar now. They can all be used in different ways
Old 29.01.2013, 09:54 PM
MVP

Worst booking I've ever seen from the product.

Having Cena-Rock II, Lesnar-HHH II and feeding Punk to the Undertaker at WM, as has been reported and seeming inevitable, is just disgusting.

Cena has killed any interest I have had in wrestling. Most unbearable character of all time.
Old 30.01.2013, 12:36 AM
Pro Bowler

I'm still disgusted after what happened on Sunday. I can't beat believe they are having 'Once In A Lifetime' AGAIN. No chance I am even paying for any more PPVs when they supply rubbish like that, mugging us off.

Disgraceful when a guy who isn't even there for 90% of the year is the WWE Champion. How is that good business? What would you think of that if you were an employee of WWE? Horrible message to send out, everyone should go and become actors and come back in ten years.

Rock has gotten so stale also, you know it's an act now. When you think of The Rock you think of Dwayne Johnson, that guy that use to be wrestler. When you think of CM Punk, you think of CM Punk. Same with Austin, Michaels, Ric Flair and many other legends. These acts actually seem as if that's who they really are and that's when you can distinguish they past mic-workers.

Another gripe from Sunday, surely Team Hell No should have dropped the titles if they were going to fall out in the Rumble?

I don't think the writers have a clue at times. Not watched Monday's, still livid to be honest lol.
Old 30.01.2013, 12:57 AM
MVP

WOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by Two-minute drill; 30.01.2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 30.01.2013, 01:52 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmuir View Post
I'm still disgusted after what happened on Sunday. I can't beat believe they are having 'Once In A Lifetime' AGAIN. No chance I am even paying for any more PPVs when they supply rubbish like that, mugging us off.

Disgraceful when a guy who isn't even there for 90% of the year is the WWE Champion. How is that good business? What would you think of that if you were an employee of WWE? Horrible message to send out, everyone should go and become actors and come back in ten years.

Rock has gotten so stale also, you know it's an act now. When you think of The Rock you think of Dwayne Johnson, that guy that use to be wrestler. When you think of CM Punk, you think of CM Punk. Same with Austin, Michaels, Ric Flair and many other legends. These acts actually seem as if that's who they really are and that's when you can distinguish they past mic-workers.

Another gripe from Sunday, surely Team Hell No should have dropped the titles if they were going to fall out in the Rumble?

I don't think the writers have a clue at times. Not watched Monday's, still livid to be honest lol.
Disagree with that, Rock and Austin for me are the 2 most entertaining superstars in history. Rock on the mic is something you cant miss !!
Old 30.01.2013, 07:49 AM
Team Captain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0uEVzknxE this was similar to my reaction.
Old 30.01.2013, 09:46 AM
All Pro

Default Is anyone surprised

The royal rumble was a massive disappointment. The excitement was lost when the last five competitors consisted of three previous winners and ziggler who was never going to win it. Ryback you could also argue would of been a bad choice to win due to the likelihood of his opponent being the rock. His character lacks depth and he would never have been able to compete with the rock on the mic in the build up to wrestlemania.
The wwe has been lacking impetus for a long time and one of the biggest problems is the lack of talent progression and the likes of cena being successful despite overwhelming apathy towards his character and abilities.(an example of his ineptitude was highlighted at the end of the rumble match-the conclusion of a gruelling match and he runs to the camera and celebrates he isn't even out of breath) we know its not real but at least try to convince us.
To quote my son when cena won "why him again , thats rubbish"
for me the royal rumble is an ideal time to push a new star. You can have a winner whos not a top tier guy look at when shawn michaels won it the first time.
Unfortunately at this moment the second tier is also struggling ziggler has lost too many times of late and can anyone see him winning when he cashing in the briefcase, kofi kingston has the talent but is in danger of becoming a stuntman and wade barratt is bereft of personality.
I totally agree with the ones stating the rocks victory was wrong. It is unlikely he will appear on every raw until wrestlemania, also we have week in and week out been beaten over the head with the length of cm punks reign. For him to lose to someone who has had a ten year break and isn't full time has made the whole 434 days irrelevant.
The rock has now beaten two of the top stars in the wee, what are we to take from that, these stars aren't up to the standard of the attitude era
Old 30.01.2013, 12:28 PM
Pro

The return of Brock Lesnar is a good thing to try and follow the WWE again.
After he whent out i'd stop looking at it, and it became boring to me

He is a monster