I'd like to give ....... a good slap - Page 69 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #681  
Old 13.03.2014, 10:17 AM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
I dont see the correlation at all Lee... here I am talking about family.. I repeat family.. expecting someone else to care for family... and not do it them selves.. in middle eastern and asian cultures they care for their own in house... IE: rather than stick my dad in a home and forget about him as the state pay for his keep I would take him on and make the sacrifice myself.. I understand this is difficult but it should be a family matter..not a state one... my point here is parents sacrifice for their children who then dont or wont return that when the elderly or sick relative is in need of care... this has nothing to do with a taxation chat from way back when.. but on one thing you are correct... I dont recall.. and even if this were the case..(and I dont think it is) am I not allowed a change of opinion or view on a subject matter??
Of course you are entitled to a change of opinion and entitled to be viewed as just coincidence that you havent posted on here about this change of opinion and lets not try and make out that no one is denying you a view or the right to express it based on a post saying it was ironic etc.

My point, though different from yours, shares the same theme of families. I am embarrassed and ashamed of this society and countless generations before that that we have all done the same, enjoyed our life and all that comes with it and then when the crap hits the fan and our successive generations coming after us are going to be left with huge financial burdens and the probability of huge disaster that suddenly we are all thinking about how we can get through and its ok to leave them to deal with it when they had no hand in generating the circumstances.

We will all have to look at ourselves if we are lucky enough to still be alive in our 80/90's when our grandkids are struggling just to pay off our debts
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 13.03.2014, 10:46 AM
kev macca's Avatar
kev macca kev macca is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.09.2006
Posts: 2,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
I dont see the correlation at all Lee... here I am talking about family.. I repeat family.. expecting someone else to care for family... and not do it them selves.. in middle eastern and asian cultures they care for their own in house... IE: rather than stick my dad in a home and forget about him as the state pay for his keep I would take him on and make the sacrifice myself.. I understand this is difficult but it should be a family matter..not a state one... my point here is parents sacrifice for their children who then dont or wont return that when the elderly or sick relative is in need of care... this has nothing to do with a taxation chat from way back when.. but on one thing you are correct... I dont recall.. and even if this were the case..(and I dont think it is) am I not allowed a change of opinion or view on a subject matter??
i got to say this is not accurate at all. asian families are using care services more and more in this country. the only reason in the countries where they dont use them is because they dont have access to them. the countries dont provide them. this is in part due to religious beliefs and the expectation of the community upon the families. personally i would rather look after my family too and have done when my nan was dying. however that is choice, its not always realistic for family to look after there family and its not always best for the person and in some instances people wouldnt be able to cope and provide and still need other specialist services going into the persons home. im not sure where state funded homes come in when a lot of people in care in particular the elderly pay for their own care or the family pay. that is why there is so much unrest over family homes having to be sold to pay for the services. the funded usually only comes in when you have people with illness or disability and then its only like people using the nhs having paid into the pot


"The shoe that fits one person pinches another, there is no recipe for living that suits all cases" carl jung

Last edited by kev macca; 13.03.2014 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 14.03.2014, 01:40 PM
Stubbsy #21's Avatar
Stubbsy #21 Stubbsy #21 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.11.2005
Posts: 3,028
Default

Paddy Power for taking bets on the outcome of the Oscar Pistorius trial. Technically not illegal but it does seem morally wrong.

If anyone watches The Last Leg as I occasionally do then click the link for Adam Hills mildly amusing rant about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42QsVem7K4
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 14.03.2014, 02:15 PM
Greg M's Avatar
Greg M Greg M is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 07.01.2012
Posts: 3,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy #21 View Post
Paddy Power for taking bets on the outcome of the Oscar Pistorius trial. Technically not illegal but it does seem morally wrong.
[/url]

Worth noting as well that PP also sponsored the Rodman et al basketball trip to North Korea.
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 15.03.2014, 08:34 PM
bobsy's Avatar
bobsy bobsy is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 16.12.2012
Posts: 1,375
Default

Ant & Dec. Sick of them all over ITV!
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 23.03.2014, 07:25 AM
chucklong_13's Avatar
chucklong_13 chucklong_13 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 19.01.2013
Posts: 150
Default Skelp Putin

Give Putin a good skelp...& put your shirt back on, he's got that sort of face you'd never tire of skelping...and to his bully boys.
Planners and councillors who allow building on flood plains, no doubt for brown envelopes and favours.
England cricketers...oh its ok everyone seems to have skelped them! But hey do it again why not
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 23.03.2014, 09:05 AM
Pedal Bin's Avatar
Pedal Bin Pedal Bin is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 30.10.2005
Posts: 7,935
Default

Whoever designed the new England Twenty 20 kit. We look like the Dutch football team.
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 10.04.2014, 12:45 PM
alonso11's Avatar
alonso11 alonso11 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.01.2010
Posts: 1,319
Default

Harry Kewell ......giving away a galatasary shirt on the day two leeds fans got murdered, while he played for us.


and to top it off he then insults one of the sons of the murdered on twitter.


despised by the only team he was ever good at
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 10.04.2014, 01:08 PM
New York Sack Exchange's Avatar
New York Sack Exchange New York Sack Exchange is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 14.05.2013
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11 View Post
Harry Kewell ......giving away a galatasary shirt on the day two leeds fans got murdered, while he played for us.


and to top it off he then insults one of the sons of the murdered on twitter.


despised by the only team he was ever good at
Words can't express the stupidity of his actions. Well they can, but I would be banned.
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 10.04.2014, 06:16 PM
tksgtmason's Avatar
tksgtmason tksgtmason is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 24.04.2006
Posts: 11,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Sack Exchange View Post
Words can't express the stupidity of his actions. Well they can, but I would be banned.
Does one them begin with c?

Do think somewhere in this house is a picture of an eleven old me grinning ear to ear with him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 06:30 PM.