Chargers Expectations - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 13.09.2013, 07:05 PM
All Pro

I think the AFC only really has 4 playoff certs, Denver, Houston, Cinci, and NE, so I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that 9-7 in the AFC West might just scrape the 6th seed. I have doubts as to whether the Pats will actually win the East, but even then I think there's a dogfight between about 6 or 7 teams who are much of a muchness for the wildcards. There's no reason why, provided we play to our ability and don't suffer inordinate injuries, that we shouldn't be one of them.

On a different note- Am I right in thinking the Raiders are actually favoured to beat the Jags?
Old 14.09.2013, 07:09 PM
All Pro

Mike McCoy is a superb head coach I see you guys as a threat for a wild card.
Old 17.09.2013, 11:47 AM
Pro Bowler

Does anyone have any news about whether the Chargers are likely to stay in SD? Jerry Jones made some statement recently about some kind of announcement being made in a few months so Im sure he has some insider knowledge. I really don't like the idea of the Chargers being one of the teams that moves. Watching the Texans game last week I thought Qualcomm looked amazing....I appreciate the infrastructure is old but would be a shame to leave SD behind.
Old 18.09.2013, 10:36 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
Does anyone have any news about whether the Chargers are likely to stay in SD? Jerry Jones made some statement recently about some kind of announcement being made in a few months so Im sure he has some insider knowledge. I really don't like the idea of the Chargers being one of the teams that moves. Watching the Texans game last week I thought Qualcomm looked amazing....I appreciate the infrastructure is old but would be a shame to leave SD behind.
Since SD doesnt even have mayor right now im not expecting a stadium deal anytime soon, and this debacle has been going on for several years now!
The Q may look ok from the outside but ive heard things about exposure to raw sewage being a problem, so we need to go somewhere. Its looking more and more like LA. For me personally that wouldnt be a problem because its still socal.
Old 27.09.2013, 02:55 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy87 View Post
Hi,

Just recently joined the site and very excited for the new season. Looking forward to watching the Chargers against the Texans on Eurosport.

What are your expectations for the season?
9-7 will do for now. Eddie Royal looks like he can be a real winner for the Chargers.
Old 02.10.2013, 07:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Just watched the Chargers - Dallas game. I must admit I'm quite enjoying the Chargers style this year. Matthews and Woodhead seem like a potent combination, I didn't expect Woodhead to be such an impact player, and seems like a nice bloke too.

As for Gates, well he just doesn't seem to be aging! Based on what I have seen I'm saying 9 - 7 this year.
Old 27.10.2013, 02:58 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
Its looking more and more like LA. For me personally that wouldnt be a problem because its still socal.
Are you crazy? San Diego is the Chargers' home in a way Los Angeles never will be.
Old 27.10.2013, 11:14 AM
All Pro

If the Chargers leave San Diego then I'm done with the NFL. I'm a fan of the San Diego team, not the Chargers franchise.
Old 27.10.2013, 11:18 AM
All Pro

I certainly don't want them to move to LA
Old 27.10.2013, 04:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman View Post
If the Chargers leave San Diego then I'm done with the NFL. I'm a fan of the San Diego team, not the Chargers franchise.
I wouldnt be done with the NFL as a whole but I quite possibly would be done with the Chargers.

Potentially would just be a neutral until such a time that a new team came to SD.

That said it would all depend on just how hard it would be to let go of the Chargers. Hard to just turn off your support as if it were a switch