Wembley bag contents - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 13.09.2013, 09:32 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Steelers fan View Post
I'm really confused now. The sticky thread about Security published today at the top of the I.S. page has an attachment that says No Food and also No Containers. (Not to mention that clear bags are "recommended" (but apparently not "required"???)

I posted this photo of the "containers" that I always use at Steelers tailgates on that thread but I'd appreciate others here chiming in if they think they'll be allowed inside Wembley. The cups are plastic and the koozies are foam.
I'd be very surprised if they'd stop you taking the foam beer koozies, but really not sure about the plastic cups. If I had to guess I'd say you'd be ok as they are not sealable, but with the new rules I wouldn't be confident.
Old 13.09.2013, 11:34 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Steelers fan View Post
I'm really confused now. The sticky thread about Security published today at the top of the I.S. page has an attachment that says No Food and also No Containers. (Not to mention that clear bags are "recommended" (but apparently not "required"???)

I posted this photo of the "containers" that I always use at Steelers tailgates on that thread but I'd appreciate others here chiming in if they think they'll be allowed inside Wembley. The cups are plastic and the koozies are foam.
The post of mine you quoted and claim to be "confused" about was posted yesterday, BEFORE today's official announcement of the new procedures and updated list of prohibited items. The old policy (now removed from the site) did not contain any reference to food being prohibited, which was consistent with my (and many other posters') experience at past IS games.

I think you would be well advised to stick with the info in the NFL's subsequent (latest) announcement on the subject, now that it's been made.
Old 13.09.2013, 02:07 PM
Administrator

This prohibited list is actually the same as we have had for the past 6 years.

The prohibited list is a guide only. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Old 13.09.2013, 02:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualcomm View Post
This prohibited list is actually the same as we have had for the past 6 years.
Well, if Food has been prohibited all of the last 6 years, it's certainly not something that's been enforced every year. I've taken food into a couple of IS games (no attempt to conceal it, perfectly visible to the person checking my bag).

Seems to match the experience of other posters in the forums as well....

Last edited by BigTone; 13.09.2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 13.09.2013, 03:22 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyshaps View Post
I'd be very surprised if they'd stop you taking the foam beer koozies, but really not sure about the plastic cups. If I had to guess I'd say you'd be ok as they are not sealable, but with the new rules I wouldn't be confident.
Thanks mate! Appreciate the info! It may not be worth the risk taking them then.

Tags
bag , international series , policy , rules , wembley