Aldon Smith weapons charges - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 10.10.2013, 02:11 PM
Starter

Default Aldon Smith weapons charges

49ers linebacker Aldon Smith has been charged with 3 felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from a party at his home in June 2012.

Here are the weapons he had. We aren't talking peashooters here.

What the hell does he need with those?

Looks like alcohol isn't the only issue this guy has got. Having serious concerns about his long-term career prospects now.
Old 10.10.2013, 02:16 PM
Starter

Wow, I love the NFL haha.

Over here footy players settle for punching people in nightclubs and inhaling laughing gas balloons.
Old 10.10.2013, 03:16 PM
Rookie

Default Aldon Smith charges

Another silly NFL player sees his career go down the toilet, perhaps. Like Aaron Fernandez and others.
Old 10.10.2013, 03:23 PM
MVP

Someone at the gym told him he had nice guns and he's got carried away.

Last edited by Corvus corax; 10.10.2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10.10.2013, 03:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boyle View Post
Another silly NFL player sees his career go down the toilet, perhaps. Like Aaron Fernandez and others.
Highly unlikely this ruins his career, the drinking, that might, this won't though.

I will assume you mean Hernandez, no idea who this Fernandez fella is, but the incidents don't really bare any resemblance, Hernandez is up for murdering someone, perhaps multiple people.

This year is likely a right off for him, maybe even next year once Goodell hands down his punishment.
Old 10.10.2013, 03:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Highly unlikely this ruins his career, the drinking, that might, this won't though.

I will assume you mean Hernandez, no idea who this Fernandez fella is, but the incidents don't really bare any resemblance, Hernandez is up for murdering someone, perhaps multiple people.

This year is likely a right off for him, maybe even next year once Goodell hands down his punishment.
Only in America could drinking be more serious than possessing that arsenal. "slaps head"
Old 10.10.2013, 04:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbanks26 View Post
49ers linebacker Aldon Smith has been charged with 3 felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from a party at his home in June 2012.

Here are the weapons he had. We aren't talking peashooters here.

What the hell does he need with those?

Looks like alcohol isn't the only issue this guy has got. Having serious concerns about his long-term career prospects now.
Maybe he likes shooting?

That's your personal opinion being placed on him...that you only need a shotgun for quail hunting.

He's in trouble because of the strict laws of Cali recently enacted...if he played for the Cardinals he'd be fine.

Quote:
In its 2011 annual report to investors, Smith & Wesson Holding Company noted that there was a $489 million domestic, non-military market for “modern sporting rifles,” a euphemism for auto-loading, assault-style rifles. Modern sporting rifles are perhaps the fastest-growing segment of the domestic long gun industry. From 2007 to 2011, domestic consumer long gun sales grew at a compound annual rate of 3 percent; modern sporting rifle sales grew at a 27 percent rate.
Old 10.10.2013, 04:15 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
Maybe he likes shooting?

That's your personal opinion being placed on him...that you only need a shotgun for quail hunting.

He's in trouble because of the strict laws of Cali recently enacted...if he played for the Cardinals he'd be fine.
If it was Mario Williams I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. He's a well known outdoorsman and has a full arsenal - he probably has plenty of guns even bigger than those.

The reason I said it is because it's Aldon Smith, I haven't heard anything about him being a hunter. Maybe he is and it just hasn't come to light - I'd bet against it though and I suspect you would too. But a young man with an alcohol problem, a history of being in with the wrong crowd and known to have some violent acquaintances doesn't seem the best candidate for possessing those weapons.

Also bear in mind that people actually got shot at the party at which these weapons were ceased. I'm not associating him with gun crime for no good reason.
Old 10.10.2013, 04:17 PM
All Pro

He is going to have to surrender to local police later this month, which is going to give him a big problem with alcohol/drug rehab. When he comes out for that, how does the team/league treat him in terms of being back again, so to speak? He has piled up a whole world of hurt over this.
Old 10.10.2013, 04:21 PM
All Pro

His alcohol problem has probably killed any brain cells he had left. How stupid can you be? Throwing away his career.