Lions to London 2014 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Old 24.10.2013, 02:33 PM
All Pro

Default Lions to London 2014

To say I'm happy is an understatement

Started this thread as a way of keeping the London game and information on said event all in the same place.We may get questions from Lions fans traveling from across the pond in regards to the event and travel plans.

So what are we as a Club going to do about a meet up and a possible meet the Team if it presents itself ???
Old 24.10.2013, 02:42 PM
Pro

Can't begin to explain how excited I am - once I got wind that they were going to announce something my work grinded to a halt!

Should get dates and more info in the next few weeks apparently
Old 24.10.2013, 03:35 PM
All Pro

Great to have the news officially confirmed and only wish I'd had more time to dedicate to the club these past 6 months so that things could already be well advanced in terms of organising things for the visit.

I've contacted the team & will update Fan Club/Forum with responses as & when or if I receive them. I would hope that they embrace the visit and that events can be arranged but for now I think we will have to just delight in the fact that they will be playing a game in our backyard
Old 24.10.2013, 04:02 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyTrencher View Post
Great to have the news officially confirmed and only wish I'd had more time to dedicate to the club these past 6 months so that things could already be well advanced in terms of organising things for the visit.

I've contacted the team & will update Fan Club/Forum with responses as & when or if I receive them. I would hope that they embrace the visit and that events can be arranged but for now I think we will have to just delight in the fact that they will be playing a game in our backyard
Excellent - is there a way I can join the fan club/mailing list?

This will be a long 11-12 months waiting for this game
Old 24.10.2013, 04:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappers8 View Post
Excellent - is there a way I can join the fan club/mailing list?

This will be a long 11-12 months waiting for this game
http://bit.ly/1e5s26F Am going to have to find some time to update as haven't been able to for a while. Haven't checked the e-mail address for a while either unfortunately but suspect it may be getting a few enquiries in the coming weeks
Old 24.10.2013, 04:26 PM
Pro Bowler

HAHAHAHAHA! YOU BEAUTY!

I'm getting married next year. My mrs isn't going to be happy that she's getting up-staged

I think I'll camp out in London for the fortnight of the game.

Trying so hard not to swear. Love it.
Old 24.10.2013, 05:29 PM
Pro Bowler

Great news indeed! Might even splash out on Club Wembley Seats!!
Old 24.10.2013, 05:33 PM
All Pro

Sounds like Lions already planning to make it a short trip http://bit.ly/19ARv2L
Old 25.10.2013, 02:00 PM
Starter

woop, will be the only Wembley game I goto next season, can't wait already. I strongly recommend club Wembley seats btw - been in them the last 3 games and be there again on Sunday.
I see one of the games might be played early afternoon, whats the thinking for this, or is there to be 2 games on one day so 1pm and 6pm UK time?
Old 25.10.2013, 05:01 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Mitten View Post
woop, will be the only Wembley game I goto next season, can't wait already. I strongly recommend club Wembley seats btw - been in them the last 3 games and be there again on Sunday.
I see one of the games might be played early afternoon, whats the thinking for this, or is there to be 2 games on one day so 1pm and 6pm UK time?
Thanks, I was thinking about treating myself to Club Wembley seats, looks like I will now.
Can't see two games in one day, If it's pouring with rain the pitch wouldn't be in great shape come the second game. I guess they could risk it though.