Lions to London 2014 - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Old 01.11.2013, 07:33 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyTrencher View Post
I believe it'll be announced ahead of the full 2014 season schedule info so unless you're planning to book your trip without knowing the 2014 schedule you should be ok Would think the weekends chosen this year will be replicated while the third one is anyone's guess but given that the IS teams normally have a Bye Week following I doubt they will choose to stage games in consecutive weeks (3 & 4 - Steelers @ Vikings Wk 4 this year) so your September window should be safe if you're planning the early part of the month rather than the later. My personal guess would be that they try to fit the third game in between the existing two rather than look to tack it on around mid November but that is pure guesswork on my part.
I hope to book the flights pretty soon as they look cheap as currently. So I will be in the usa for weeks one and two of the 2014 season and ensure I'm in Detroit for the first home game.
I'm guessing by the fact that the Lions have had a home game in weeks one or two every year since the 2003 season that its nailed on they'll be at home next year for one of the two weekends?
Also do we know if week one will start thursday the 4th next year?
You watch, I'll book flights and then we'll go and win the Superbowl thus ruining my plans ha
I'll start a new thread soon in which you can all expect to be bombarded with requests for help/ recommendations ahead of my first trip to Detroit
Old 01.11.2013, 08:19 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_dannyvee View Post
I hope to book the flights pretty soon as they look cheap as currently. So I will be in the usa for weeks one and two of the 2014 season and ensure I'm in Detroit for the first home game.
I'm guessing by the fact that the Lions have had a home game in weeks one or two every year since the 2003 season that its nailed on they'll be at home next year for one of the two weekends?
Also do we know if week one will start thursday the 4th next year?
You watch, I'll book flights and then we'll go and win the Superbowl thus ruining my plans ha
I'll start a new thread soon in which you can all expect to be bombarded with requests for help/ recommendations ahead of my first trip to Detroit
Bluelionman is the man to ask for advice for trips to Detroit but if you're there for the first two weeks of September then there is sure to be some meaningful Tigers baseball to be watched
Old 06.11.2013, 06:53 PM
Team Captain

great stuff! my girlfriend who (luckily!!!) watches the Lions with me has said she'll be paying for my tickets & hotel as a 21st birthday present. would be great to get some kind of meet up going. hadn't even thought about meeting players or anything but that would be something else
Old 17.11.2013, 04:48 PM
Rookie

Apologies for posting so late - gives the impression I'm not interested. I'm hoping to take my son to Wembley so will be interested to read any details of the game. Never expected the Lions to visit these shores. Got to be good regarding interest in the team and will make a change reading about the Lions in the national press.
Old 28.11.2013, 02:19 PM
Pro

Announcement imminent
Old 28.11.2013, 02:40 PM
Pro

October 26th
Old 30.11.2013, 03:00 AM
All Pro

Cool Lions to London 2014

& glad to see another of the whispers I had heard on the grapevine (if you read my post earlier in this thread) has come to pass - that being one game in each of the months Sep., Oct. and Nov. just as I had said. So makes me feel some of the other rumours I posted about could also come to be so - as in one of the games being an afternoon affair here.
Old 30.11.2013, 05:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Must admit, if I can get a ticket for next season it will be for the Lions...it's always fun watching them play plus am a fan of Stafford.
Old 04.12.2013, 08:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelionman View Post
& glad to see another of the whispers I had heard on the grapevine (if you read my post earlier in this thread) has come to pass - that being one game in each of the months Sep., Oct. and Nov. just as I had said. So makes me feel some of the other rumours I posted about could also come to be so - as in one of the games being an afternoon affair here.
Game starts at 1.30 PM Another bluelionman exclusive
Old 05.12.2013, 03:25 AM
All Pro

Lightbulb Lions to London 2014

Damn I'm good - though I am gutted it's our game that's the early test one as I am a night person and wanted loads of tailgate time.... before kick off.

Also this means for those on the west coast of the USA this games start time will be 6:30am - !

Also unless our clocks go back around this time (as we are always a week different to when the US seems to do it's Daylight Saving Time adjustment) I think the kick off time here will be 2:30pm because we are normally 5 hours ahead of US ET and they have already advertised this game as being at 9:30am US ET (so add 5hrs makes it 14:30 UK time - unless as I said this game is in that one week a year where our clocks have moved and there's haven't yet or vice versa):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...f-at-930-am-et