NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 03.01.2015, 09:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
More neutrals for sure would tune in to the Blyth game
Would they? Don't get me wrong, nothing bores me more about the FA Cup early rounds when the games that make tv are games we've seen many times before, and I'm fully with you in that I'd rather see a non-league/league mismatch than two teams already in teh same league.

However all that said, it really wouldn't surprise me if bigger viewing figures still come on terrestrial tv from casual fans when the two teams are both Prem teams.
Sponsored Links
Old 03.01.2015, 11:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post
Would they? Don't get me wrong, nothing bores me more about the FA Cup early rounds when the games that make tv are games we've seen many times before, and I'm fully with you in that I'd rather see a non-league/league mismatch than two teams already in teh same league.

However all that said, it really wouldn't surprise me if bigger viewing figures still come on terrestrial tv from casual fans when the two teams are both Prem teams.
Thankfully we have easier access to more live Football (albeit not via the conventional way!) and have much more freedom of choice to what we can watch .

Last edited by MaddenAboutTheDolphins; 03.01.2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04.01.2015, 03:33 PM
GOAT

its funny in a week of talking about cheap shots and dirty play, you have Owen moaning that a striker doesnt lay a harder hit on a keeper.
Old 04.01.2015, 04:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
its funny in a week of talking about cheap shots and dirty play, you have Owen moaning that a striker doesnt lay a harder hit on a keeper.
The only thing he ever hit hard when he played for NUFC was the sauna after a rigorous day in the treatment room
Old 04.01.2015, 05:29 PM
GOAT

a shame Yeovil couldnt take there chance as it might of been interesting but like most of the ties the big team ended up having the ammo.

a couple of nice goals from United with the ref making the meal out of an easy game, he called it like a European game with high feet, then missed a clear booking for pulling back but gave one for a rather tame celebration.
Old 04.01.2015, 05:59 PM
Team Captain

United were so so bad! Took a wonder goal from Herrera to get us out of jail. I dunno what it is, the cup has seemed to lost its lustre. It just seems that teams dont take it seriously (Hull, Newcastle) in terms of team selection when the cup should be a big priority for those teams. Attendances seem to take a dive also, its just sad to see I think. It's as if the Carling Cup has overtaken it.
Old 04.01.2015, 07:37 PM
MVP

Great effort by Wrexham today. Unlucky boys but you did the club proud.
Old 04.01.2015, 10:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmcd17 View Post
United were so so bad! Took a wonder goal from Herrera to get us out of jail. I dunno what it is, the cup has seemed to lost its lustre. It just seems that teams dont take it seriously (Hull, Newcastle) in terms of team selection when the cup should be a big priority for those teams. Attendances seem to take a dive also, its just sad to see I think. It's as if the Carling Cup has overtaken it.
I think your right the F.A lost its sparkle years ago, when people are still saying there is no week end like the 3rd round of the F.A cup who are they trying to kid? the final is the only game worth watching if your a neutral, cant think of any game that was that interesting this week end, also when people say oh look its Liverpool Arsenal in the 5th round who the hell cares when they play each other twice a season anyway.
Old 04.01.2015, 11:19 PM
Banned

Great win for the mighty red and white wizards at QPR, what a weekend, the stoolers and Bungles are beaten and Gary Anderson wins the world title come on
Old 04.01.2015, 11:31 PM
MVP

What the heck is up with Sheff United in cup competitions, ridiculous. So many near upsets this weekend who just missed out. For my part as a West Ham fan I'm delighted to be in the hat for the fourth round before we even play our game