Mlb 2017 - Page 29 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 04.11.2018, 05:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
It is true, I'm on the ticket waitlist but haven't heard any more details. Yeah not being close will not be great but it doesn't seem that far fetched when you think about the Javelin as the foul ball lines.

Also regarding opting out Clayton Kershaw not looking for a monster contract (not that 93M is bad but he could have got a hundreds of millions for longer deal) shows me he is a man of honour and I love him more now
reading the details it looks like MLB will transform the stadium as best as possible so wont look as bad as the NHL winter classic set up.seems there will be a 385 feet center field but lots of temporary seats closer to the diamond/foul lines so not just using the football stands.
Sponsored Links
Old 04.11.2018, 07:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Presley View Post
2018 Clayton Kershaw would not have got anything near 'hundreds of dollars' more. No one was going to offer him more than he got from the Dodgers. Smart move by him and good move by the Dodgers to show some loyalty to the greatest pitcher of out generation who is on the downward side of his career (unless he can adapt his slower fastball).
2018 Kershaw seems like it has some recency bias towards it and implying he sucked. he was still solid this year especially in the 2nd half after his stint on the DL. He would absolutely be offered stupid money by teams if he went into FA
Old 05.11.2018, 04:11 PM
All Pro

No one's saying he sucked and we'll never know what would have happened if he had opted out but I still believe he got the best deal he could.

We'll probably have to agree to disagree but in this age of analytics where his fast ball velocity is down and the number of innings he has pitched in his career, I'll stick by my point that there wouldn't have been team queuing up to give him $30m a year for more than 2-3 years.
Old 25.11.2018, 05:40 PM
MVP

Heads up Tickets for the Red Sox/Yankees games in London go on sale on 6th December
Old 21.12.2018, 11:06 PM
MVP

Puig is no longer a Dodger I am gutted I wanted Harper but not like this
Old 22.12.2018, 07:41 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
Puig is no longer a Dodger I am gutted I wanted Harper but not like this
well this time last year it was the Braves taking on short term deals in return for moving long term salary and a year later its the Dodgers taking the short term hits.

Puig was in salary arbitration and expecting an $11m 1 year deal before free agency next season.
Old 22.12.2018, 11:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
well this time last year it was the Braves taking on short term deals in return for moving long term salary and a year later its the Dodgers taking the short term hits.

Puig was in salary arbitration and expecting an $11m 1 year deal before free agency next season.
There seems to be a lot of talk about it being to make room for Kluber that I do like Kershaw, Kluber, Buehler, Hill, Ryu/Kenta/Urias/10 day roster manipulation is a pretty sweet rotation
Old 23.01.2019, 06:46 PM
MVP

so in the history of Baseball we know have the first unanimous player voted to the hall but as great as Mariano Rivera was why him.voters have refused to vote for some players just because they played during the PED era(Greg Maddux) but so did Rivera but that wasn't held against him

Bonds/Clemens still both below 60% but gaining a bit each year but still well short of the 75% threshold.
Old 24.01.2019, 01:26 PM
MVP

Lots of pretty disgusting abuse of Roy Halladay's widow happening on twitter because she requested that he be put in with no logo instead of a Blue Jays hat.

I understand them being disappointed especially since there's a interview from a few years ago where he said he would like to be a blue jay if he makes it but that's still no excuse.
Old 24.01.2019, 01:42 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
so in the history of Baseball we know have the first unanimous player voted to the hall but as great as Mariano Rivera was why him.voters have refused to vote for some players just because they played during the PED era(Greg Maddux) but so did Rivera but that wasn't held against him.
He's a special case though because he's pretty much accepted by everyone as the greatest closer of all time.