NHL Season - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 29.10.2006, 04:51 PM
All Pro

Default Re:NHL Season

[quote author=chris wood link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=0#msg525869 date=1162138787]
Your right its not going to be easy to get the win, home advantage may work but look at the last performance at home against ottawa on tuesday, it was'nt great, also our home record is 2-5. looking forward to game though.

[move]THE PASSION THAT UNITES US ALL[/move]
[/quote]

I like seeing the Leafs do well as before i got into ice hockey they were the first NHL team i'd ever heard of (i was about 5 at the time). I also have a spiritual tie to the Leafs as my dad ate his first ever tuna-mayo sandwich outside their arena in the 70s. How about that for impressive! ;D
Sponsored Links
Old 06.01.2007, 08:11 PM
Rookie

Evening all, hockey fan's enjoying the season so far. Im looking forward to the Leafs game tonight against the sabre's, coming off two wins, beating the buins 5-1 and 10-2, been a fairly good week so far for us, but buffalo's road form's not bad!

Old 06.01.2007, 10:45 PM
All Pro

Hey there Chris. That 10-2 win over the Bruins was awesome, certainly the highest scoring game I've ever heard of! The Leafs @ Sabres game should be a great one. I don't know if you saw the Sabres @ Sens game the other night but Buffalo were less than impressive (they lost 3-6) so you could be in with a chance. They are however coming off a win against the Penguins.

I hate to tell you though I've been rooting for the Sabres recently because I've got sick and tired of the Isles and their GM who hasn't a clue what he's doing. Also they traded two of my favourite players, Mike York and Alexei Zhitnik, away to the Flyers for Randy Robitaille and Freddie Meyer who are good but nowhere near the standard of York or Zhitnik. I still like the Isles but I'm going to be following Buffalo's progress for the rest of this season. Good luck to your Leafs, I've always been fond of the TML, but I'm afraid I'm going to be supporting Buffalo in this one mate.

Old 07.01.2007, 06:01 PM
Rookie

alright boycey, following the sabre's then, dont blame ya, your right about the isles. was'nt a bad game, apart from we lost. :'( congrats. Cant believe pohl's missed backhander at the end though,Biron had a spot on game, gonna have to get some revenge in buffalo on thursday ;D
I cant wait till Tucker's fit you can see we miss him on the power play's but Newbury and devereaux have been playing well. Are next 5 are gonna be tough,
CAR (H) Tuesday
BUF (A) Thursday
VAN (H) Saturday
TB (A) Tuesday
FLO (A) Thursday
Need to make up some ground on ottawa and montreal,we need the points against CAR, TB and FLO, BUF and VAN will be close, this season so far were 1-2 vs the panthers and 2-0 vs the lightning. but looking good in the East for the sabre's this season,

Old 07.01.2007, 06:37 PM
All Pro

Can't see us(The Leafs) making the playoffs this year unless we start to consistantly win against teams in our division.
Old 07.01.2007, 07:18 PM
Rookie

[quote author=Vick07Falcons link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=0#msg578348 date=1168195055]
Can't see us(The Leafs) making the playoffs this year unless we start to consistantly win against teams in our division.
[/quote]

Your Spot on about the consistancy,we do need to raise our game and not let injury's get in the way of that, but i think we'll make the playoff's.

Old 07.01.2007, 07:43 PM
All Pro

Yay, go Sabres! ;D You guys did still play pretty well though. There was nothing Raycroft could have done about the second goal, he was screened by about six players and it took an unlucky bounce off his blocker. Kubina got a nice goal for you guys though and it took a similar bounce off Biron's blocker as off Raycroft's. I have to say Pohl should be cut for that miss as the end though, he was about eight yards away from a wide open net and missed! If he had got that goal it may have been a completely different ending altogether. Good game anyway.

Good luck against the Canes on Tuesday, they may be ranked higher than you but if your boys can find a way around Cam Ward I really think you could be in with a chance of winning it. With guys like Kaberle and McCabe you've certainly got the defensive power to keep Carolina away from your net, it's just a question of whether they will step up to the challenge.
Old 09.01.2007, 04:29 PM
All Pro

Oh, and it's nice to see Edmonton doing well. I never mentioned on this thread but my dad has a mate who used to play in the system for the Oilers so I like to see them win too.

Anyway good luck against the Canes tonight.
Old 09.01.2007, 04:35 PM
All Pro

random but.... GO PREDS... UH HUH UH HUH 28 and 11.... thanking you ;D

Old 09.01.2007, 04:45 PM
All Pro

Lol, you've got the Ducks tonight. They were looking great at the start of the season but that losing streak was a huge blow to their confidence. You guys definately have a chance tonight.

Go Oilers/Sabres/Isles! 8) ;D

Tags
admit it , allhailkinghenrik , between the pipes v2 , bruins jersey , go habs go!!! , lets go maple leafs! , repeat! , west is best , who likes the bru-ins