Ufc - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 03.02.2010, 10:55 PM
MVP

I got into the UFC around the time mike bisping was feeling very fortunate matt hamill was forced off the ultimate fighter 3 lol.

I enjoy watching it its a crackin sport really, there are lots of things that could be improved such as the scoring system so we dont get as many Machida V Shogun debaucles but hey its still young.

As far as fighters go i like brock Lesnar (partially cos of the vikings links), clay guida, matt serra, forrest griffen, dan hardy, matt brown and a few more.
Sponsored Links
Old 04.02.2010, 10:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Looking forward to sat
Old 10.02.2010, 10:24 PM
MVP

https://twitter.com/spilledbagofice lol the bag of ice from UFC 109 is on twitter
Old 31.05.2012, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Original UFC thread can be found here:

https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=20479

Anyone see the Velasquez/Silva fight?

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...rt&h=dAQHJmrtO
Old 31.05.2012, 09:08 AM
Team Captain

I couldnt find this anywhere wayne, which rock was it hiding under?

The Velasquez/Silva fight was something else, although i expected Big Foot to put up a bit more of a fight...granted this is not easy when you cannot see, Cain must have razor sharpe elbows!!
Old 31.05.2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phisch View Post
I couldnt find this anywhere wayne, which rock was it hiding under?

The Velasquez/Silva fight was something else, although i expected Big Foot to put up a bit more of a fight...granted this is not easy when you cannot see, Cain must have razor sharpe elbows!!
Didn't come up when I searched for "UFC" so tried again using "Lesnar" and there it was. Don't really get to see much UFC other than the few highlights on Youtube etc, been a fan of Velasquez since the Kongo fight though. Pretty good comeback after being destroyed by Junior Dos Santos.

EDIT: Just realised I got the two UFC threads mixed up and posted in the wrong one... Any chance of the two threads being merged?

Last edited by wayne ellis; 31.05.2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 31.05.2012, 09:28 AM
Team Captain

Yeah its all on ESPN at the minute although there are rumours Dana wants to move to Sky when the current deal expires at the end of this year (i think) as they currently have a deal with FOX in the US and i understand the two are linked!?!!

I didnt see the JDS Velasquez fight but have seen that punch and i think from watching the two since and reading a bit online that if a re-match came about it would pretty much rest on whether JDS takedown D could stop Cain getting him to the mat as if that happens things would become much more difficult for JDS.
Old 07.12.2014, 11:36 AM
Hall of Fame

How many UFC threads are there on here? Found a couple, but can't find anything recent?

Anyways, anyone watch Hendricks v Lawler last night?

These judges! How can someone call the fight 49 - 46 Lawler?? Yes he dominated the last round, so 10 - 8. Still, I don't see him winning rounds 2 or 3, plus Hendricks had about 5 takedowns. It was probably close, especially with Lawler dominating round 5, but a split decision was the most one sided I could see it being.

Hendricks gassed though and threw it away. He has no one else to blame but himself. He looked a bit 'tubby' to me, and I thought early on he might struggle in the later rounds. Understandable given his lay off. He was quiet in round 4 though, but I thought he was saving himself for the all important 5th, clearly not.

Rory MacDonald v Lawler next apparently. Be interesting to see how MacDonald deals with Lawler's aggression. Not sure 'technique' is the way to beat Lawler, you aren't going to 'pepper' him into submission.
Old 07.12.2014, 01:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
How many UFC threads are there on here? Found a couple, but can't find anything recent?

Anyways, anyone watch Hendricks v Lawler last night?

These judges! How can someone call the fight 49 - 46 Lawler?? Yes he dominated the last round, so 10 - 8. Still, I don't see him winning rounds 2 or 3, plus Hendricks had about 5 takedowns. It was probably close, especially with Lawler dominating round 5, but a split decision was the most one sided I could see it being.

Hendricks gassed though and threw it away. He has no one else to blame but himself. He looked a bit 'tubby' to me, and I thought early on he might struggle in the later rounds. Understandable given his lay off. He was quiet in round 4 though, but I thought he was saving himself for the all important 5th, clearly not.

Rory MacDonald v Lawler next apparently. Be interesting to see how MacDonald deals with Lawler's aggression. Not sure 'technique' is the way to beat Lawler, you aren't going to 'pepper' him into submission.
The UFC will put on Hendricks vs, Lawler 3 before anyone else gets a shot.

I scored last nights fight 48-47 Hendricks with the 4th being the decider. However I scored the first fight 48-47 Lawler so I guess they are pretty much even going into round 11.
Old 07.12.2014, 01:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
The UFC will put on Hendricks vs, Lawler 3 before anyone else gets a shot.

I scored last nights fight 48-47 Hendricks with the 4th being the decider. However I scored the first fight 48-47 Lawler so I guess they are pretty much even going into round 11.
Perhaps that's all part of Dana's plan? Lets 'steal' a decision from them both, that way we can promote 'Hendricks/Lawler III' as the decider.