NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 20.02.2012, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
Who won then?

Thought I'd ask as no one else seems interested.

Also, Tennis. Does anyone care?
First question - Ding

Second question - dear lord no!
Sponsored Links
Old 20.02.2012, 12:31 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
First question - Ding

Second question - dear lord no!
Pleased ''Ding'' came through in the end. Did he beat Terry Griffiths?

As for Tennis, why do Sky Sports give it so much coverage? I don't know a single soul who even half cares about it unless its Wimbledon.

But..........all I ever see is Federer giving a speech about his latest win on SS News.

Who cares! The likes of Tony Meo, Tony Knowles, Bill Werbeniuk, Cliff Thorburn and Ray Reardon should get far more air time!
Old 20.02.2012, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Couldn't agree more! Actually literally 'bumped' into Terry Griffiths as we were leaving the arena last night, he was moaning that he was tired to some bloke and couldn't wait to get to sleep, thats how I feel listening to his commentary half the time!

Tennis is just a pants sport to watch (IMO), not that I'm doubting the athletic or skill levels of the players mind. Just find it mind numbing - left right left right left right net zzzzzzzzz
Old 20.02.2012, 12:35 AM
All Pro

When is the World Championship? it's really the only Snooker tournament I watch apart from the UK Championship but the former is what catches my attention the most. As always I will be rooting for John Higgins, as I have in every Championship since I was 12, though the young players coming through such as Judd Trump are just a pleasure to watch.
Old 20.02.2012, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal or No Deal View Post
When is the World Championship? it's really the only Snooker tournament I watch apart from the UK Championship but the former is what catches my attention the most. As always I will be rooting for John Higgins, as I have in every Championship since I was 12, though the young players coming through such as Judd Trump are just a pleasure to watch.
Starts 21st April. Yesterday was the first game I've seen 'live', will deffo go again. Was really intense (know it doesn't always look that way on telly) and with the commentary on the ear pieces it's actually a good sporting experience.
Old 20.02.2012, 06:42 PM
All Pro

I used to love a weeklong chill out with the snooker on BBC, used to watch pretty much every pot in every televisied event. Ive just had such a tainted view of the whole sport since the Higgins affair couple of years back, coupled with O'Sullivans constant whinging and threatning to retire just soured the sport for me so much.

If he hates the sport so much then leave it and give someone else who wants to play a chance. My guess is O'Sullivan will never walk from the game because he cant do anything else, deep down he NEEDS snooker. He isnt charismatic or entertaining enough for a Flintoff style venture into entertainment industry and not intelligent enough to be a pundit....

wow sorry about that rant! Ill be keeping a cheeky eye on the worlds (more so if Ronnie & Higgins get knocked out early)
Old 20.02.2012, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenAboutTheDolphins View Post
I used to love a weeklong chill out with the snooker on BBC, used to watch pretty much every pot in every televisied event. Ive just had such a tainted view of the whole sport since the Higgins affair couple of years back, coupled with O'Sullivans constant whinging and threatning to retire just soured the sport for me so much.

If he hates the sport so much then leave it and give someone else who wants to play a chance. My guess is O'Sullivan will never walk from the game because he cant do anything else, deep down he NEEDS snooker. He isnt charismatic or entertaining enough for a Flintoff style venture into entertainment industry and not intelligent enough to be a pundit....

wow sorry about that rant! Ill be keeping a cheeky eye on the worlds (more so if Ronnie & Higgins get knocked out early)
I agree - it was interesting to see how totally polarising he is. You either love him or hate him, and personally I see little in the way of redeeming qualities other than his snooker.
Old 20.02.2012, 07:20 PM
Banned

Well done Ding!! On his day as good as anyone, but he needs to become tougher mentally to take the big one in April. I also can't stand O Sullivan and agree 100% with Madden above..
Old 20.02.2012, 10:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Starts 21st April. Yesterday was the first game I've seen 'live', will deffo go again. Was really intense (know it doesn't always look that way on telly) and with the commentary on the ear pieces it's actually a good sporting experience.
Cheers, for some reason I thought it was closer than that. Personally I've never witnessed a live game. I'd love to take my Grandad to a tournament sometime in the near future, although with the amount he moans when he watches it on TV I'm not sure it's a good idea
Old 20.02.2012, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal or No Deal View Post
Cheers, for some reason I thought it was closer than that. Personally I've never witnessed a live game. I'd love to take my Grandad to a tournament sometime in the near future, although with the amount he moans when he watches it on TV I'm not sure it's a good idea
I'm going out on a limb here.. But, is your Grandad Noel Edmonds??