Seattle Seahawks Thread - Page 150 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Seattle Seahawks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1491  
Old 10.01.2015, 02:12 AM
Twilight_Prince's Avatar
Twilight_Prince Twilight_Prince is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 17.09.2007
Posts: 932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish49ers View Post
Just spoke to my mum 1st time since she came back
from holiday was telling me she was in really long queue
at Heathrow terminal 5 with 2 very nice American
guys behind her she was chatting away with them for
a while(talk to her shadow that woman) wen she
asked what they did they replied play football for
a team called Seattle Seahawks!impressed that she
knew the team they asked how she had heard of them
so mum explains how her son has been an nfl fan
for nearly 30yrs and was avid 9ers fans so she probably
get told off for talking to them the 1 with the long hair
(her words)said tell him Sherman said Hi!if u don't
remember my name just say the turkey tasted great
thanksgiving!I'll curse at him 5% less now.
That's awesome
Reply With Quote
  #1492  
Old 22.02.2016, 08:22 AM
FallenFlyer's Avatar
FallenFlyer FallenFlyer is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2013
Posts: 4,844
Default

Anyone else think its a little odd how down many analysts are on the Seahawks for next season?

On offence, we all know that we have O-line issues but we have seen with teams like the Cowboys that this is something that can be fixed (if only as an upgrade to average in many cases). Then we have Russell throwing the ball better than ever, 3 wide receivers (the emerging star that is Lockett, the hopefully resigned Baldwin and the injury return of Richardson) all giving the throwing game a major increase and Rawls who was better than Lynch last year.

On D, we're not looking at 2013 levels but the majority of the pieces will still be there with several second year guys looking to make a big impact.

On the whole, this looks really positive to me. Its certainly not going to be easy. There are a bunch of very good teams, especially in the NFC, but sleeping on the Seahawks just seems a little odd.
Reply With Quote
  #1493  
Old 23.02.2016, 03:07 PM
Jegpeg's Avatar
Jegpeg Jegpeg is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 25.09.2015
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
Anyone else think its a little odd how down many analysts are on the Seahawks for next season?

On offence, we all know that we have O-line issues but we have seen with teams like the Cowboys that this is something that can be fixed (if only as an upgrade to average in many cases). Then we have Russell throwing the ball better than ever, 3 wide receivers (the emerging star that is Lockett, the hopefully resigned Baldwin and the injury return of Richardson) all giving the throwing game a major increase and Rawls who was better than Lynch last year.

On D, we're not looking at 2013 levels but the majority of the pieces will still be there with several second year guys looking to make a big impact.

On the whole, this looks really positive to me. Its certainly not going to be easy. There are a bunch of very good teams, especially in the NFC, but sleeping on the Seahawks just seems a little odd.
Not sure who you have been reading most of the power rankings I have seen have us about 3rd for 2016 which I reckon if anything is a little high.

The Panthers dominated things until the superbowl (other than taking their foot off the gas against the Falcons and after getting an insurmountable lead (just) in the first half against us.

The Patriots were decimated with injuries and still got to the championship game unless Brady's old age means his form falls off a cliff they will be contenders again.

I would put us on a par for 3rd with the cards with the Packers and Steelers close behind. I'm not sure about the Bronco's Ostweiler (assuming he is their QB) is fairly unproven and if Manning chooses to stay they are in a real mess as Brock will want to leave.

Our offensive line is a weakness especially if we don't have Okung or he gets injured again., Glowinski shows promise but even if we keep Okung I would like to see us use our first round pick or Free agency to improve there. Would we have any chance of getting Mitchell Schwartz (with Gilliam going back to LT)

Rawls was a phenomenon but you could like his performance to C.J. Anderson last year. He could be the best back in the league next season or he could be like CJ.

Agree with you that we have a decent receiving corps. With no dead money I don't think we need Graham who was a disappointment and Baldwin has become the end zone threat we got him for. I don't see that happening however. I'd like to see us keep Kearse but I don't think he will take the WR3 money that is all he is worth.

Pretty much agree with you on defence no longer the best in the league but easily in the top 5, probably top 3.

Last edited by Jegpeg; 23.02.2016 at 09:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1494  
Old 24.02.2016, 11:46 AM
FallenFlyer's Avatar
FallenFlyer FallenFlyer is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2013
Posts: 4,844
Default

Having had a quick look, 11 of 14 NFL or ESPN early prediction articles have us missing the playoffs. Perhaps this is just so they can change it closer to the time?

There is a lot of talent in the 2nd and 3rd round at OT that has been overshadowed by the amazing DT class. I'd like to see the Seahawks grab one of those DTs at the end of 1 and then double down on O line in 2 and 3. We can get a running back at 4 or 5 and then let Schneider and co do their magic on DBs late

Surely Kearse will be a WR4 if we go to a pocket system. He is a great scramble guy and has strong hands but he doesn't get separation.
Reply With Quote
  #1495  
Old 24.02.2016, 12:35 PM
Jegpeg's Avatar
Jegpeg Jegpeg is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 25.09.2015
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
Surely Kearse will be a WR4 if we go to a pocket system. He is a great scramble guy and has strong hands but he doesn't get separation.
I was referring to depth chart do WR3 and WR4 mean different things positionally when on the field?

I haven't seen any articles on who will make the play-offs (I can't see anything behind the ESPN paywall) but ESPN have us ranked third in power rankings behind the panthers and Pats.

A reasonable draft strategy though with late picks I think we are better off getting someone like Le'Raven Clark in round one than seeing who is left in R2 and 3. You also leave no space for a back-up QB are you expecting that to come from FA?
Reply With Quote
  #1496  
Old 24.02.2016, 12:59 PM
FallenFlyer's Avatar
FallenFlyer FallenFlyer is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2013
Posts: 4,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegpeg View Post
I was referring to depth chart do WR3 and WR4 mean different things positionally when on the field?

I haven't seen any articles on who will make the play-offs (I can't see anything behind the ESPN paywall) but ESPN have us ranked third in power rankings behind the panthers and Pats.

A reasonable draft strategy though with late picks I think we are better off getting someone like Le'Raven Clark in round one than seeing who is left in R2 and 3. You also leave no space for a back-up QB are you expecting that to come from FA?
There is no positional change between WR 3 and 4 but there is a pay one.

I'd be very surprised if Clark isn't on the board at 56. I'd rank him as my 9th OT overall and 14th O-lineman. I also think the fall off is much lower between the 6th OT and 12th OT than it is between the 12th DT and 13th DT (and I can see that many going in the top 50).

It wouldn't surprise me if Jackson resigns at the end of July. Miss OTAs and see if anyone will give him stupid money. Even so, I think we'll go FA. There are some rumours that the chrome dome might want to retire a Seahawk so that would do.
Reply With Quote
  #1497  
Old 03.06.2016, 05:01 PM
chris caulfield's Avatar
chris caulfield chris caulfield is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.12.2008
Posts: 4,594
Default

I'm writing an off-season review for every team and my Seahawks review got posted yesterday. Feel free to check it out as I recap their free agency spending and their draft before giving a final review and grade.

http://ontheclockblog.tumblr.com/pos...-season-review
Reply With Quote
  #1498  
Old 22.07.2019, 07:27 PM
liam66's Avatar
liam66 liam66 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.11.2013
Posts: 393
Default

I grew rather fond of having these team sections available to read and discuss all things Seattle Seahawks with fellow fans.

It was great to come here and find out about the latest news regarding the team and discuss all sorts of topics in the different threads. Thanks to all the other Seahawks supporters who were here over time for contributing and for indulging me in my thoughts on the players and organisation. It was especially good a few seasons ago when the forum saw the most successful period in the Seahawks history - a wonderful time to be alive!

Hope to see as many other Seahawks fans on the forums that I'll be a part of in the future. There's a lot in place for another good season coming up in 2019.

GO HAWKS!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 07:45 AM.