Going to a Colts game - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Old 07.09.2012, 06:54 PM
All Pro

Thinking of doing a trip to America over Christmas and catching the last game of the season, Going to go with my wife so want to tie in New York into the trip, how much do flights cost to fly between cities in the USA? Anybody done a similar sort of trip? will be looking to go over for about 6 nights
Old 11.10.2012, 11:24 AM
All Pro

Posted this a few weeks ago on another thread - is anyone else going over for this game or any others?

04.10.2012, 01:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave (rokerzammo on here) and I are looking at a short trip over for 5 nights to take in 2 games - if it was to go ahead would anyone else on here fancy it / or have already arranged to take in these games by any chance?

Fly out Wednesday 7 November
8 November Colts @ Jaguars Thursday Night Football
10 November - possibly drive to Gainesville - doubt we would get tickets for Gators game but would be cool to be in the area during a game
11 November - most likely drive to Tampa to get the Bucs v Chargers game, however could maybe go down to Miami for the Dolphins v Titans game and then fly home on Monday 12 November.

I am guessing the more people we have on the trip the cheaper it will be - cost of a hire car, petrol, food, villa etc.

Nothing set in stone, and I have yet to convince the mrs that we can afford it but I am working on it...."I will buy you a designer handbag" lol
Old 12.10.2012, 08:12 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTJ View Post
Well.... all booked for Browns game in October (hoping we might win that one :-). Trying to decide if I go catch purdue playing Ohio State in Columbus on the Saturday...... or go watch the Butler Bulldogs in Indy itself.........
Well I never! Ditto same here! Last min decision- hey you only live once!

Places / things to do I might have to cut a bit short but here they are-

Elmo for a steak + shrimp
Indi beer bus!
hall of champions
Our footy game vs mags on Sun morning place open at 8am will show it downtown what a build up to the day! Drop me a PM for details if you want.
zoo
stadium tour
sports stores
stadium lofts just to see it.
Old 16.10.2012, 01:57 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa14 View Post
how long you going for mate?
Flying out the Friday (day after thanksgiving) - fly home Tuesday night/weds morn.
Old 16.10.2012, 01:59 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa14 View Post
Thinking of doing a trip to America over Christmas and catching the last game of the season, Going to go with my wife so want to tie in New York into the trip, how much do flights cost to fly between cities in the USA? Anybody done a similar sort of trip? will be looking to go over for about 6 nights
check out multi stop flights with united airlines - i found if you do it that way you only pay the tax once and its cheaper

you're probably talking about 400quid a head but cheaper than booking all seperately

should be plenty of flights NY->Indy

Will have to change flights on way home though, either Chicago, Cincinatti, NY or somewhere like that as Indy airport is local flights only
Old 24.10.2012, 11:26 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bulldawg View Post
Well I never! Ditto same here! Last min decision- hey you only live once!

Places / things to do I might have to cut a bit short but here they are-

Elmo for a steak + shrimp
Indi beer bus!
hall of champions
Our footy game vs mags on Sun morning place open at 8am will show it downtown what a build up to the day! Drop me a PM for details if you want.
zoo
stadium tour
sports stores
stadium lofts just to see it.
Sorry dude - didn't see your post until now. Hope you had a great time in Indy - I certainly did. It was a pretty evenly matched game (just glad that we managed to squeak out a win). Will be putting up some pics from the game / stadium later and will post a link here once I've done that.
Old 25.10.2012, 12:21 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Sorry dude - didn't see your post until now. Hope you had a great time in Indy - I certainly did. It was a pretty evenly matched game (just glad that we managed to squeak out a win). Will be putting up some pics from the game / stadium later and will post a link here once I've done that.
Yeah I had a great time, is it just me or is the Elmo's special just shrimp in red Colman's mustard?

No idea how to stick pics up on here, so will all be on my FB.

What the hell was that 4th and 1 punt all about I have to watch that again as only just got back today.

I have to say Indy gets the cleanest city I have ever seen award.
Old 26.10.2012, 07:12 AM
Pro

OK - I've finally wrestled with technology enough to get my photos online from last weekend's game:

http://photos.tubbytj.com/GalleryThu...allery=3208812
Old 26.10.2012, 01:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
OK - I've finally wrestled with technology enough to get my photos online from last weekend's game:

http://photos.tubbytj.com/GalleryThu...allery=3208812
Great pics TJ, you missed me by about 3 seats in one of the pics- sure you did that on purpose! ;-)

We were 116 row 1 , you got the rest of the group in that were a few rows behind, they will be chuffed.
Old 26.10.2012, 02:46 PM
Pro

LOL - was in 143 myself - I don't think there'd be a duff view in that entire place. Never used the panoramic mode before - tooka bit of getting used to!