Playing a Premier League Game in the USA. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 16.01.2015, 10:13 PM
Rookie

Default Playing a Premier League Game in the USA.

Currently I am researching the possibility of playing an all premier league fixture in America but I would like to gather fans opinions on this idea,
whether you think it is good/bad,
whether it would work
who it would benefit etc.
How would you feel if the you support was asked to play a game in the USA
What sort of games could you see being played
Is this a sustainable idea?

Or if you are willing i could send you my questionnaire, just contact me on here if you would like to.

Any comments or ideas on this idea would be welcome, Thanks in advance

I am a Manchester Metropolitan University student looking to gain research for my dissertation on this topic so responses would be great. All responses will remain anonymous in my write up.
The study, may be looked at by individuals from Manchester Metropolitan University from regulatory authorities, where it is relevant to my taking part in this research. I give permission for these individuals to have access to my records.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.01.2015, 01:42 PM
MVP

I'm all for it there's enough games in the season to give up a game and play it abroad. My problem is with the whole 39th game rubbish especially since relegation is usually decided by GD these days so a team having to play Chelsea 3 times whilst their rivals play say Leicester 3 times instead is just not fair.
Old 17.01.2015, 07:03 PM
MVP

Yeah I'm all for it as well, but within the 38 games. I think the sensible thing to do is tell the teams they are free to do it if they want to for a game but not forced to. And maybe a rule about how many times a team can play overseas in a season (lest everyone try to move their home game against Burnley).

The major difference between NFL and Premier League overseas is that about 99.5% of overseas fans support 4-5 different teams between them. That's what happens when you have a league where the same few teams dominate each year with only a rare exception. Can't see there being much overseas takeup for QPR versus Stoke.
Old 17.01.2015, 10:35 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the answers so far, really appreciate it

Tags
football , premier league