NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Ideas for NFLUK.com

Sponsored Links

Old 28.11.2018, 02:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
Yeah, I do the same as you.
It's not a good sign that the old login window is still there. You'd think when they 'updated' things they would have removed or updated that too. More building on bad foundations basically.
Sponsored Links
Old 29.11.2018, 07:45 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
Would be nice if ticking the “keep me logged-in” box kept me logged in for more than an hour...
Not that it needs saying, but same for me as well.
Old 02.12.2018, 04:39 PM
MVP

Live feed broken again. And posting this fixed it...
Old 02.12.2018, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Same as last week
Old 02.12.2018, 09:23 PM
All Pro

Is there any point to this message board anymore? Look at the game threads, half of them have 0 responses, others 3-4.

The team threads are like ghost towns. Even last season there was tons of activity on the site. I know everyone is annoyed with the login issues and the fact that the site itself is still using out of date technology but maybe the best thing is to just shut it down.

It's certainly obvious that NFLUK don't care about it anyway.

Last edited by Jack Presley; 02.12.2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 16.01.2019, 04:49 PM
Starter

Will NFLUK not give someone who cares about updating the forum more control to do so?

I've not been on for a while, partly due to login issues but I can't believe how quiet it is compared to even a year ago. What has happened?
Old 16.01.2019, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanE153 View Post
Will NFLUK not give someone who cares about updating the forum more control to do so?

I've not been on for a while, partly due to login issues but I can't believe how quiet it is compared to even a year ago. What has happened?
Number of factors, I think. The shocking neglect of the forums by the higher ups certainly played a big part, with long term signing in issues (which still exist to this day) driving many away. A lot of people seem to have gone more towards Facebook/Twitter too, which is unfortunate as a forum is a far better way to have a debate, whereas social media tends to boil down to schoolyard insults, tired memes and a general lack of in-depth discussion.
Old 17.01.2019, 07:16 PM
All Pro

Thumbs down Site Issues - login from mobile

I get e-mails lately when someone posts in a forum I'm subscribed to so I followed links from my e-mail on my smart phone - read stuff and wanted to reply so tried logging in could not remember my Password or perhaps that's one of the logins that don't work anymore - on my PC Password field is remembered and filled in hence I'm able to post now.

However on my phone I went for forgot password and how stupid that it says I've failed captcha image yet the page before capthca image says its turned off so I cant see any pictures so in effect could not reset my password to get in.

It's ridiculous and think for these reasons why I gave up coming here as it was such a frustrating nightmare to get in and then once in I found no end of issues and glitches that despite reporting never ever got picked up or fixed I kinda just stopped frequenting this forum - seems many others have done likewise and I wonder if that's perhaps what they want to be able to shut this site down and claim non interest.

Don't think it helps they also stopped hosting the annual Super Bash as that was reason enough for me to post here all year and get in touch with others looking forward to that. Think NFL UK used to be far better and the London offices used to do far better regards UK fans than they do now. I wish they would get this site back to being useful and working and then maybe folks would return - even better if they re-started Super Bashes as no Super Bowl events since have been anywhere near as fun - so much so I stayed home last year - first time ever!

Last edited by bluelionman; 19.01.2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 18.01.2019, 11:04 AM
Starter

I take it this forum is owned by NFLUK, has anyone though about setting up a forum independently and taking members from here? I know a (soccer) football forum and they got 5 or 6 people involved to do similar - then the costs weren't so bad as they were split.

I reckon if there was enough interest to do that - you could probably promote it better and ensure it has regular updates of software etc at least.
Old 18.01.2019, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanE153 View Post
I take it this forum is owned by NFLUK, has anyone though about setting up a forum independently and taking members from here? I know a (soccer) football forum and they got 5 or 6 people involved to do similar - then the costs weren't so bad as they were split.

I reckon if there was enough interest to do that - you could probably promote it better and ensure it has regular updates of software etc at least.
Well, there is UKNFLFAN, which a number of former and current NFLUK members use.