Your 'what if?' draft - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 30.04.2019, 09:34 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
#133 - Jarrett Stidham - personally would've gone Tyree Jackson as a developmental QB over Stidham

#163 - Jake Bailey - anybody who wasn't a punter.
I watched 7 full games of Jackson. Raw tools are there - huge arm and can move for a big guy... But, after 4 or 5 games I was out on him - mechanics and accuracy are all over the place. I don't know you can fix that. Stidham picked up bad habits because his O-Line was poor (other than the LT Wanogho and even then he's raw and doesn't have an anchor), but I think you can coach that out of him - and when he's clean, he's pretty (watch the Bowl game). I'd take Stidham over Jackson and it's not close.

"Anybody who wasn't a punter" - long snapper then !
Sponsored Links
Old 30.04.2019, 12:19 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
I think what hurt Rosen was the persistent rumor that he is an over privileged rich kid with no love of football who has a bad attitude and alienates his teammates? If that's accurate then no amount of talent will make up for it.

Think the Giants may have dodged a bullet personally but agree that Jones is unlikely the solution either. Caveat emptor Miami.

tbh i think that stuff was overblown and i guess time will tell.

at least we would of only wasted 37

but if you had to have Rosen or Jones, who would you take?

then again if Jones had been pick #37 i would of been a lot calmer, why still not ideal, it would of been about right for him.
in fact there was a time where i thought Jones at #37 might be a half decent plan, then the round 1 hype started and the panic set in. with every leak it had our stink on it and does anyone think he will be the next great QB?

but #6 comes with so much more everything and if Allen is a success its going to be pretty painful.

Last edited by goodkarma84; 30.04.2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 30.04.2019, 01:33 PM
All Pro

The strange thing about the Jones pick is less about Jones and more about Josh Allen. It's a real headscratcher although I don't know about scheme fit? Having said that the Jags couldn't get their pick in quick enough so that tells you a lot.

I feel a bit for Jones the player who doesn't get to decide where or when he gets picked. Personally he has the more important traits in a new QB for me - he's accurate, he can go through progressions and he's smart; you could end up surprised but I still agree with you, I think you'd have been very unlucky if he wasn't there at #17.

Personally I think Rosen is all wind. Yes he had a poor team last year but he's got another one now in Miami. I think there is something to all this media stuff about attitude and I expect him to wash out of the league in a few years. He's minted with Daddies money anyway so he won't care. I wouldn't have picked Jones at #6 but I'd rather that than Rosen at any spot.

Last edited by LesterHayes; 30.04.2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 30.04.2019, 01:53 PM
GOAT

Quote:
The strange thing about the Jones pick is less about Jones and more about Josh Allen. It's a real headscratcher although I don't know about scheme fit? Having said that the Jags couldn't get their pick in quick enough so that tells you a lot.

I feel a bit for Jones the player who doesn't get to decide where or when he gets picked. Personally he has the more important traits in a new QB for me - he's accurate, he can go through progressions and he's smart; you could end up surprised but I still agree with you, I think you'd have been very unlucky if he wasn't there at #17.

Personally I think Rosen is all wind. Yes he had a poor team last year but he's got another one now in Miami. I think there is something to all this media stuff about attitude and I expect him to wash out of the league in a few years. He's minted with Daddies money anyway so he won't care. I wouldn't have picked Jones at #6 but I'd rather that than Rosen at any spot.

he seemed like he should be a good one, most schemes at mixed but in a mainly 34 he should be pretty good since he can get to the passer and drop into coverage.

well i know you need them to be tall
i doubt the accuracy tbh (60% is poor, clearly he could hit the target at times,) he seemed a bit slow with progressions too.

i was more worried about Rosens injury history than personality issues.
Jones at 6 instead of Rosen at any spot is a very bold statement.

as i have said the big worry for me is not but he is the worst QB to play the game but that he will be middling, look decent to good because of scheme and then not be able make the big plays when it really counts.

people get so QB needy they seem willing to settle.
Old 30.04.2019, 02:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
well i know you need them to be tall
No. Just over 5'9"

Quote:
i doubt the accuracy tbh (60% is poor, clearly he could hit the target at times,) he seemed a bit slow with progressions too.
Disagree. He had 38 drops last season alone. 38.

Quote:
i was more worried about Rosens injury history than personality issues.
Jones at 6 instead of Rosen at any spot is a very bold statement.

as i have said the big worry for me is not but he is the worst QB to play the game but that he will be middling, look decent to good because of scheme and then not be able make the big plays when it really counts.

people get so QB needy they seem willing to settle.
Rosen worries me. That the Cards binned him after 1 season worries me, so what Kyler Murray is available, he's no-ones idea of a once in a generation talent that you can't pass up on.

Time will tell I guess.
Old 30.04.2019, 02:35 PM
All Pro

Jacksonville Jaguars 'What if' draft

#7 - Josh Allen, DE - KEEP
#35 - Jawaan Taylor, OT - KEEP
#69 - Josh Oliver, TE - Swap - Jace Sternberger, TE
#98 - Quincy Wilson, LB - Swap - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
#140 - Ryquell Armstead, RB - Swap - Amani Oruwariye, CB
#178 - Gardnew Minshew, QB - Swap - Kelvin Harmon, WR
#235 - Dontavius Russell, DT - KEEP

#7 Josh Allen was an amazing pick and I wouldn't have personally considered anything different.
#35 Jawaan Taylor was in the running for our first round pick and to get him in the second could be a steal of the Myles Jack level, wouldn't have done anything different.
#69 Josh Oliver was the 6th highest TE on my rankings, so I would have personally gone with Sternberger, who was 4th on my TE rankings.
#98 I'd have to pick Chauncey Gardner-Johnson here, he was in the mix to be my highest rated safety.
#140 Amani Oruwariye I didn't expect to go in the 5th round, I graded him as a second rounder, so I would have picked him here. There were a couple of undrafted Running Backs I'd happily target in UDFA.
#178 Kelvin Harmon had a third round grade from me, I'd pick him up here.
#235 Dontavius Russell would be the pick considering where the Jaguars defense is heading.
Old 30.04.2019, 02:43 PM
GOAT

Quote:
No. Just over 5'9"

Disagree. He had 38 drops last season alone. 38.

Rosen worries me. That the Cards binned him after 1 season worries me, so what Kyler Murray is available, he's no-ones idea of a once in a generation talent that you can't pass up on.

Time will tell I guess.

Murray is over 5"9

well he should fit in with us then, 2017 45 drops (Beckham got hurt early on) and 2018 27 drops, 2019 with no Beckham, hmmm

the thought is players rarely improve that number from college, in a meaningful way.

he can do it with quick short passes, its the middle and deep stuff where he has issues.

well i think he is the HCs idea of one. as i say i like Murray a fair bit, he isnt safe but has a great ceiling.