With the ? pick of the 2015 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Sponsored Links

Old 23.12.2014, 09:58 AM
All Pro

Default With the ? pick of the 2015 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select...

A good sign of how well we've played this year (well two thirds anyway) that we've lasted until the last week of the season to start the annual draft thread

So, two first rounders (both likely to be in the early-mid teens), plus extra picks in the fourth and sixth rounds. The big question is what are our needs?

Personally I think we need a WR and a LB. Seeing Evans, OBJ and co ripping up trees this year has made me realise how much we miss a go to guy. Gordon hasn't looked the same since he came back and we need an upgrade over Austin (as much as I've been a fan of his this year). We've been awful against the run, barring a few games, so a LB or DL is a must.
Sponsored Links
Old 24.12.2014, 06:28 AM
Team Captain

I think we need a WR and DT in the first round, if the right players are available. (Both Miles Austin and Ahtyba Rubin are free agents in Feb, and WR/DT were big needs anyhow.) I would then go ILB in round 2 to find a run-stuffing compliment to Dansby.

WR Amari Cooper (Alabama) will be long gone by the time we pick, but we may get a shot at Kevin White (West Virginia), DeVante Parker (Louisville) or Jaleen Strong (Arizona State).

LIkewise for DT Leonard WIlliams (USC) will be gone by the time we pick, so Eddie Goldman
(Florida State) might be our best bet in what looks like a very shallow crop of available players at that position.

Unfortunately, Skrine, Sheard and Cameron are also free agents (and we will also need a back-up QB when Hoyer goes), so there are going to be quite a few other holes unless Haslam opens his chequebook and re-signs some of these guys.
Old 01.02.2015, 05:04 PM
All Pro

Bumping this back to the top. With Gordon's suspension looming we need a WR in the first round IMO.
Old 01.02.2015, 10:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Bumping this back to the top. With Gordon's suspension looming we need a WR in the first round IMO.
Im doing the mock draft on here and im not planning on taking a wideout in first round to be honest, not sure there is anyone there worth it
Old 02.02.2015, 04:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Im doing the mock draft on here and im not planning on taking a wideout in first round to be honest, not sure there is anyone there worth it
Cooper will be gone, but how about White or Parker?
Old 03.02.2015, 01:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Cooper will be gone, but how about White or Parker?
I have them both as more late 1st round or early second round guys to be honest, would take both but i feel we have more pressing needs than this though
Old 03.02.2015, 07:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I have them both as more late 1st round or early second round guys to be honest, would take both but i feel we have more pressing needs than this though
NT and possibly DE should probably be up there with the other needs.
Old 04.02.2015, 11:17 PM
Starter

I would trade out the first round personally.
Old 06.02.2015, 09:42 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.macca34 View Post
I would trade out the first round personally.
Not with two first rounders, although there's definitely some negotiating to be done
Old 06.02.2015, 10:23 AM
Starter

Quote:
Not with two first rounders, although there's definitely some negotiating to be done
I think when you look at free agency and the holes we have I would look to add that way then pick up talent later in the rounds. I'm not a huge fan of free agency usually but there is some good talent this year and frankly the draft talent is underwhelming in regards of first round talent