Ravens Fans Pre-96 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Sponsored Links

Old 02.01.2016, 09:08 PM
tsmith1

Default Ravens Fans Pre-96

Genuine question here as I am truly interested. After the Colts relocated, and left Baltimore with no NFL team, did many fans follow the team to Indianapolis and carry on supporting them, and if not, who did the residents of Baltimore support in the NFL before they got the Ravens in 96? And if they went & supported another team from a different state, is there now many Baltimore residents who support a range of teams? Genuinely interested and any knowledge will be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 03.01.2016, 02:18 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmith1 View Post
Genuine question here as I am truly interested. After the Colts relocated, and left Baltimore with no NFL team, did many fans follow the team to Indianapolis and carry on supporting them, and if not, who did the residents of Baltimore support in the NFL before they got the Ravens in 96? And if they went & supported another team from a different state, is there now many Baltimore residents who support a range of teams? Genuinely interested and any knowledge will be appreciated. Thank you.
Your best bet would be to sign up for the forum on the official Ravens website and ask your question there. It's mostly Americans on there so they'll be able to give you an accurate answer.

The impression I have formed through frequenting that forum and listening to podcasts is that not many people followed the Colts after they went to Indianapolis. The way that move was done left a bad taste in the mouths of many football fans in Baltimore.

I couldn't really tell you what Baltimore football fans did between the Colts times and the Ravens times. The nearest team would have been the Redskins but there seems to be a bit of rivalry between Washington and Baltimore and I've heard a few American Ravens fans say they really hate the Redskins. Hard to imagine they'd have been Redskin fans in the past.

That's about as much as I know.
Old 03.01.2016, 09:29 AM
Hall of Fame

You should try to check out the ESPN 30 for 30 about the colts leaving baltimore back in the day...

When the browns left town think there was zero chance that the hardcore fans travelled with them,think the owner was never forgiven even once the expansion team was announced.if you watch the football life of the belichick year there you see what the team leaving meant to the whole city.
Old 05.01.2016, 02:54 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
I couldn't really tell you what Baltimore football fans did between the Colts times and the Ravens times. The nearest team would have been the Redskins but there seems to be a bit of rivalry between Washington and Baltimore and I've heard a few American Ravens fans say they really hate the Redskins. Hard to imagine they'd have been Redskin fans in the past.

That's about as much as I know.
Baltimore had a CFL team at the time but of course that didn't really fill the void left by the Colts.