Group action against NFL Gamepass - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 07.09.2017, 01:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullamey View Post
Anyone interested in trying to put together a group action against NFL Gamepass for the terrible service they've provided recently?

I've had so many issues with them since they removed the app six weeks before the end of the last subscription term and through to the new service that they have today. I've wasted so much time contacting them with no adequate response.

I"m also convinced that the issues won't be fixed by week 1 of the regular season so want to get something started in preparation for that.

I just wondered if anyone would be interested in putting together a group claim for compensation given the s*** show that has been the move to the new provider? Also any advice on how best to do this please send!
Refund and voting with feet is sadly the only solution. Its really frustrating, but it is easier being my side of the fence and cross about the service but at least richer of pocket.

The elephant in the room is of course that we have loads and loads of options to watch NFL, it's just not as convenient as paying for the app but with the degradation of functionality, and decline in quality the alternatives are not much worse a product.

Sadly, I see no other solution. Get your money back, at least you will feel better.
Sponsored Links
Old 07.09.2017, 03:13 PM
Rookie

I suppose I should have changed the wording of this. I didn't actually mean take legal action - I really just meant have a letter / email that was 'signed by a whole load of people or cc'd with a whole load of people.

I figured that a message with 100 users / potential users of the service that they may have to do something about it.

I guess i'm getting ahead of myself but my main issue will be when they can't deal with the regular season - I'm foreseeing streams not working, on demand games not being ready until the afternoon after they've been played. This has already happened in the preseason (the best / worst issue saw was when they took a day to get a game up and used the NFL Network stream for it so the final score was flashing across the bottom of the game as you were watching it!)

I might be wrong and it could all go really smoothly but I wanted to collect any interested people to try and get together.
Old 07.09.2017, 04:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullamey View Post
I suppose I should have changed the wording of this. I didn't actually mean take legal action - I really just meant have a letter / email that was 'signed by a whole load of people or cc'd with a whole load of people.

I figured that a message with 100 users / potential users of the service that they may have to do something about it.

I guess i'm getting ahead of myself but my main issue will be when they can't deal with the regular season - I'm foreseeing streams not working, on demand games not being ready until the afternoon after they've been played. This has already happened in the preseason (the best / worst issue saw was when they took a day to get a game up and used the NFL Network stream for it so the final score was flashing across the bottom of the game as you were watching it!)

I might be wrong and it could all go really smoothly but I wanted to collect any interested people to try and get together.
I get the desire behind it, but ultimately for that to work it's predicated on the notion that the supplier doesn't understand the outrage at how poor the service is, and would change if they knew. A cursory glance at this forum or social media tells me they know how unhappy people are - so another source of information informing them that people are unhappy wont make them change anything.

They have clearly taken a view that this is a storm that will blow over, and that people will continue to subscribe, and any minor attrition in numbers will be off set by the savings of offering a reduced service.

The only step you can meaningfully take is to get a refund, bite the bullet and use another service and hope that's enough others do it to instigate change.

Tags
game pass , gamepass