Week 6. New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers. Game day thread. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 10.10.2012, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default Week 6. New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers. Game day thread.

Game day thread.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 10.10.2012, 06:21 PM
All Pro

This will be ugly with our defence. 9ers win by a couple of scores, they are the best team in the NFC.
Old 10.10.2012, 07:26 PM
All Pro

Even if we were fully fit I think it'd be extremely tough to even keep this competitive - we weren't the best team on paper last year and we aren't this year (although I think we've more potential this year). Last season scoring 20 points against the 49ers was a tough, tough ask but would give you a shot at competing. But I doubt that'll be enough this year due to an improved (and healthy?) SF offence, and our ongoing issues at DT and Safety (yes, yes, get my excuses in early). The soft centre to the D-Line means it's easier for the opposing O-Lines to focus on taking JPP, Osi and Tuck out of the game and I think this is a big factor in why our pass rush has been a bit toothless this season.

Hand it off to Gore, watch us stack the box in desperation and then burn us deep. I'll be surprised if we can keep the 49ers to under 27 points and if we don't this will take something very special from our offence. If Nicks starts that remains a possibility and Eli does look like he's carrying his form from last season. The fact that both teams have only beaten teams with losing records could also make some think this isn't a fairly predictable fixture. But no, sadly I just can't talk myself into this even being close, even if Nicks and Bernard play.

Giants 17 - 34 49ers

In terms of our season the main thing I'm interested in seeing is has our O-Line really taken a step forward as appears to be the case. The 49ers defence will certainly provide a conclusive answer to that one way or the other. Stay healthy, have the O-Line keep Eli relatively safe and create some lanes for Bradshaw and I'll be optimistic looking ahead even if we lose here.
Old 10.10.2012, 07:54 PM
GOAT

blood bath, set aside our injuries and the Niners are on form and one of the best if not the best team in the NFL at the moment.
where as we have been a bit of a mess so far, if the Real Giants show up we might be able to force the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce ma Goose View Post
Even if we were fully fit I think it'd be extremely tough to even keep this competitive - we weren't the best team on paper last year and we aren't this year (although I think we've more potential this year). Last season scoring 20 points against the 49ers was a tough, tough ask but would give you a shot at competing. But I doubt that'll be enough this year due to an improved (and healthy?) SF offence, and our ongoing issues at DT and Safety (yes, yes, get my excuses in early). The soft centre to the D-Line means it's easier for the opposing O-Lines to focus on taking JPP, Osi and Tuck out of the game and I think this is a big factor in why our pass rush has been a bit toothless this season.

Hand it off to Gore, watch us stack the box in desperation and then burn us deep. I'll be surprised if we can keep the 49ers to under 27 points and if we don't this will take something very special from our offence. If Nicks starts that remains a possibility and Eli does look like he's carrying his form from last season. The fact that both teams have only beaten teams with losing records could also make some think this isn't a fairly predictable fixture. But no, sadly I just can't talk myself into this even being close, even if Nicks and Bernard play.

Giants 17 - 34 49ers

In terms of our season the main thing I'm interested in seeing is has our O-Line really taken a step forward as appears to be the case. The 49ers defence will certainly provide a conclusive answer to that one way or the other. Stay healthy, have the O-Line keep Eli relatively safe and create some lanes for Bradshaw and I'll be optimistic looking ahead even if we lose here.
dont forget the injuries we have on the offence
Old 10.10.2012, 08:00 PM
Hall of Fame

These are the type of games us Giants fans completely write ourselves off and then we actually look decent!

Despite this I will say:

Giants 17 49ers 34
Old 10.10.2012, 08:35 PM
All Pro

Can see us winning this if Nicks is fit, Eli will light it up mark my words ! (if Nicks is fit)
Old 10.10.2012, 09:04 PM
Starter

23-14 Giants
Old 10.10.2012, 09:08 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveer1 View Post
Can see us winning this if Nicks is fit, Eli will light it up mark my words ! (if Nicks is fit)

tbh even if Nicks plays i doubt he will be fully fit
Old 10.10.2012, 09:48 PM
All Pro

I think the 9ers D will have a bit of a chip on their sholder still from last year as the Giants were the only teams to give them the run around.

The O-line is the key to the season for the 9ers. If they go well we will win more than we lose.
Old 10.10.2012, 09:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Close game. Giants are to be hugely respected.

NYG 26 - 30 San Francisco

Tags
5superbowlsto3 , alex smith is better , big blue whiny crew , c'mon sky time to move on , cornhole , eli-te , forty whiners , j smith body count: 3 , leonard marshall says hi! , matt bahr dagger time! , nfc champions 2011/12 , niners hubris? , no mo forward progress , pick smith , sf time is comin , thekylewilliamsbowl , winners should be classy