WR2 2 14.29%
CB 1 7.14%
OL 0 0%
DE 0 0%
DT 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06.02.2013, 12:53 AM
MVP

I daren't even think of losing MJ, he's stepped up so much recently.
Sponsored Links
Old 06.02.2013, 11:33 AM
Starter

Send a message via MSN to Huntsman86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonic View Post
I daren't even think of losing MJ, he's stepped up so much recently.
I'm concerned that Rucker being released by the Browns means that he will be signed and MJ will be let go.
Old 06.02.2013, 11:34 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman86 View Post
I'm concerned that Rucker being released by the Browns means that he will be signed and MJ will be let go.
And that is not to say Frostee wouldnt be welcomed back...I just think we need to do a better job of resigning more of our own!
Old 06.02.2013, 12:00 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews07 View Post
It's running-back. We need 2 really.

Linebacker gets stronger purely by way of the off-season. If Howard's back then people forget he was our best backer by FAR.

You can have Howard and Lamur at Will. Burfict at Mike (maybe re-sign Rey for depth). The you've got Maybin, Moch and probably another through the draft competing for SLB. SLB disappears on passing downs under Zimmer so it's not really a huge position for us.

A lot depends on re-signings. If MJ93 goes then we have a huge void at DE, if Andre goes then we have a massive need at RT that will need addressing in the first 3 rounds.
Sorry MDE didnt see this but massively agree with that strategy...running game will help Dalton so much. It will take the pressure off him and the whole offense will start clicking.

LBs - love this, I dont see the true value of going after a LB in the first round when IMO DE, S and RB are much bigger needs in terms of positional value to this team. Although, i dont mean to say that it isnt a area of talent infusion, I just think like you there is something to build on already in place with the team.
Old 06.02.2013, 06:31 PM
Starter

We need a RB but I would go with Safety first .
Will cry if Mays is our starter next year , not huge on college football but I believe Matt Elam will be the top safety available to us , I would hope Smith and MJ resign so we could make safety our top priority and take a RB with Oaklands pick leaving our 2nd round pick to take the top defensive end on the board .
Old 06.02.2013, 10:21 PM
Pro

Bradshaw and Canty now on the market, in addition to Rucker.

Still not seeing any 'sure-thing' free agency candidates.
Old 07.02.2013, 04:26 PM
Team Captain

I really hope we don't pick up Bradshaw, he didn't have a good season. A low-level starter without the same pop or fluidity he's had in the past. We have 'ol reliable for short-yardage and help wear a D down.

Time for some youth and fresh razzle-dazzle and that's only going to come through the draft.

As for MJ, I'm sceptical. I'd love to keep him obviously but there's the uncertainty of how much he benfited from Kyle Van Den Bosch syndrome, woh was an average DE but put up big numbers one year because of the the damaged Big Albert H was doing on the inside.
Old 09.02.2013, 11:33 AM
Team Captain

Reviewing the agreed needs against the apparent depth of positions,I think the best way to go would be:
1. Best WR available
2a. Best RB
2b. Safety
3. LB

Two each for O & D , with the weighting towards the O (which is right given their respective rankings).Could maybe swap WR & S if Vaccaro is there at 21.
No linemen is a bit of a concern, but if we keep Andre & MJ -should be ok.
Old 09.02.2013, 09:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalblueboy1 View Post
Reviewing the agreed needs against the apparent depth of positions,I think the best way to go would be:
1. Best WR available
2a. Best RB
2b. Safety
3. LB

Two each for O & D , with the weighting towards the O (which is right given their respective rankings).Could maybe swap WR & S if Vaccaro is there at 21.
No linemen is a bit of a concern, but if we keep Andre & MJ -should be ok.
There's no way you can telegraph positions like that, especially not this early. Play the board, target those positions but you've got to be fluid when it comes to draft day.
Old 09.02.2013, 10:24 PM
Team Captain

I know its early and a lot can change, but,essentially every pick is a straight choice between BPA & drafting for a need. There are advocates of both approaches.
Ideal scenario is if they coincide.
What I was speculating is that,as it stands,those 4 picks would represent a meeting of need & BP availability 'based on current projections' i.e. we would have options such as
1. Cordarelle Patterson or DeAndre Hopkins (WR)
2a.Eddie Lacy or Giovani Bernard (RB)
2b. Eric Reid or Matt Elam (S)
3. Sio Moore (OLB)

All entirely speculative,I agree, but interesting nonetheless (for some of us!).