Anyone Thinking of Heading Over? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Sponsored Links

Old 14.05.2013, 11:21 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyshaps View Post
King Chong- when I went it was all relatively cheap, and included 3 games (2 in Balt, 1 in NYC), as well as a few days in Washington. In DC and NYC I was in hostels (both very nice ones) and in Balt I was in a hotel which was about £70 a night. The 1 night I was there at Thanksgiving was a bit more, but can't recall exactly. Flights were 420 pounds via Trailfinders- flying in to BWI and out at JFK.

You can do it as cheap as you want as a trip over for just a couple of nights and a game would probably be around 700 (ticket prices vary but cheapest are about 70) in Baltimore, but obviously if you wanted to make the most of things, then it would be a fair bit more, although not hugely if you were happy to doss it up in hostels.
Cheers for the reply
Thats not bad, would love to do it one day

Having already visited Baltimore & Washington as a child I don't think I'd go back unless it was for the Ravens
But there are many other parts of the U.S. I'd like to visit so think I'd just time it well with a Ravens away game!
Sponsored Links
Old 15.05.2013, 09:12 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by red pepper vike View Post
Going next year on a two week road trip with my son and both son-in-laws. Starting off in Boston, down to NY, carry on down to Baltimore, DC and then the HOF across to indiana and up to Chicago, Lambeau and finally Minneapolis
Sounds like quite a trip. Bet you can't wait for next year to come round.
Old 15.05.2013, 08:10 PM
All Pro

I'll be heading over. My Dad works out in Baltimore on occasions so he has some connections for accomodation etc. Will be heading over with him for Thanksgiving Steelers and Vikings games at M&T. Hopefully catch a Redskins game as well depending on funds, depending on flights will either be vs 49ers the Monday before Thanksgiving or Giants game between Steelers and Vikings...

Thanksgiving seems a great time to go if expensive as Skins and Ravens both have 3 straight home games so plenty of choice.

Will be a fun couple of weeks!!!
Old 15.05.2013, 10:44 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
I'll be heading over. My Dad works out in Baltimore on occasions so he has some connections for accomodation etc. Will be heading over with him for Thanksgiving Steelers and Vikings games at M&T. Hopefully catch a Redskins game as well depending on funds, depending on flights will either be vs 49ers the Monday before Thanksgiving or Giants game between Steelers and Vikings...

Thanksgiving seems a great time to go if expensive as Skins and Ravens both have 3 straight home games so plenty of choice.

Will be a fun couple of weeks!!!
Nice one. Looks like it could be am mini invasion from the UK.
Old 05.06.2013, 08:30 AM
Pro

going to boston in august, and then down to baltimore for a couple of days to watch some baseball. But looking to do a second trip for the thanksgiving game, and maybe the jets game too if i can afford it. Washington is worth going to, went there last time, easy to do in a day trip if you don't want to move hotels. If your looking at hotels hotwire is good, you don't get the name of the hotel until after you book, but you get the location and stars, and there's sites that can pretty much tell you anyway, we got the hilton in Baltimore for
Old 05.06.2013, 08:31 AM
Pro

cut me off for some reason. should say for 70 pounds a night
Old 05.06.2013, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua_1982 View Post
cut me off for some reason. should say for 70 pounds a night
Pound symbol does not work on the site, it automatically cuts off the rest of the post after you type on I'm afraid.
Old 05.06.2013, 09:09 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Pound symbol does not work on the site, it automatically cuts off the rest of the post after you type on I'm afraid.
It's a strange one as on rare occasions it does work. Got a mind of it's own...

Old 11.06.2013, 07:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsnapper View Post
Nice one. Looks like it could be am mini invasion from the UK.
I will be flying out on the 23rd of november to see the jets and steelers games if i get tickets
Old 12.06.2013, 10:48 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterborough52 View Post
I will be flying out on the 23rd of november to see the jets and steelers games if i get tickets
Nice one. You should be able to get tickets now from stubhub and NFL ticket exchange. From what I have heard getting tickets direct from the Ravens is near impossible. We should all arrange a beer or 2 in Baltimore especially as there looks like there will be a few of us over

Think I am going to start getting things booked soon.

Alright Mikeyshaps are you any clearer on your trip yet?