NFL Betting in the UK - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Sponsored Links

Old 22.07.2013, 12:51 PM
Starter

Paddypower allowed me to do a 7fold on team regular season wins, but it's pretty difficult to get accumulator bets generally.

I tried doing a couple in Coral yesterday (incorporating passing / rushing leaders, team wins, individual passing yards etc) but was told they wouldn't accept them because they are 'linked bets', i.e. the outcome of one affects the outcome of another. They wouldn't even let me do place a double on most passing yards and most rushing yards.

Only way to win big is to bet big on singles. Personally I prefer accumulators though.
Sponsored Links
Old 22.07.2013, 02:22 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuzig View Post
Paddypower allowed me to do a 7fold on team regular season wins, but it's pretty difficult to get accumulator bets generally.

I tried doing a couple in Coral yesterday (incorporating passing / rushing leaders, team wins, individual passing yards etc) but was told they wouldn't accept them because they are 'linked bets', i.e. the outcome of one affects the outcome of another. They wouldn't even let me do place a double on most passing yards and most rushing yards.

Only way to win big is to bet big on singles. Personally I prefer accumulators though.
Yeah, it is called related contingency. The easiest way to explian it is the first goalscorer correct score bet that is popular in shops.

First scored A at 7/1
Correct score 2-0 at 8/1

the double should be 71/1. But the 'scorecast' would be somthing like 56/1. Because the second leg of the double is more likely, due to the first part happening.

So a leading rusher will improve his teams chances of winning more games. There is little chance of getting that double on. But a leading rusher and leading receiver double should have been OK. Maybe just a lack of knowledge from the staff. You could always try their customer services phone line. In my experience they generally find you someone who has a bit of knowledge.
Old 23.07.2013, 07:43 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Similar to this point. I don't know what company you are with, but at least 2, online, dont seem to allow you to do multiples on the division winners. If it is your new company that needs to change.

I think the one above is a good one. There is no related contingency that I can see, so no need not to offer the multiples.

I've managed to get a division winners accumulator on, William hill accepted at bet if you wana check it out...

Just can't get any bookie to take one on regular season wins... Will try paddy power as mentioned though...
Old 24.07.2013, 03:21 PM
Team Captain

I like the idea of betting on individual player accolades such as most sacks, rushing leader, most TD's etc.
Old 24.07.2013, 03:26 PM
Rookie

Default Thanks

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the feedback you've given, I have the meeting tomorrow afternoon, so will pass on everything you've said so far, the accumulators is definitely something I agree with as a punter. Any more ideas you've got keep them coming, I will have further meetings in the coming weeks, so keep the replies coming.

Thanks again for the responses!
Old 24.07.2013, 04:45 PM
All Pro

I used to have an account where I did weekly accumulator or five-fold bets on the weekly handicaps ... but that was a long time ago.

Not really a bookie thing, but has anyone here ever run or taken part in an NFL suicide (or survivor) pool?
Old 24.07.2013, 05:16 PM
Pro Bowler

1st HR scorer in Baseball games and Game high points scorer in the NBA.
Old 25.07.2013, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Conference Winners.
Old 25.07.2013, 05:04 PM
Rookie

Default Thanks

Hi Guys

I may as well say the company I work for is betvictor, if you go on the website you'll see they actually offer almost all of the accumulator requests that you had, try playing around with combining things and you'll see you can combine whatever you want, regular season wins, player specials, winning division etc.

The ideas for markets however is something that I will pass on, along with more ways of getting people involved, thanks a lot for your help and keep ideas coming.

Thanks
Old 25.07.2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobroberts View Post
Hi Guys

I may as well say the company I work for is betvictor, if you go on the website you'll see they actually offer almost all of the accumulator requests that you had, try playing around with combining things and you'll see you can combine whatever you want, regular season wins, player specials, winning division.
Are you Maurice from the adverts?

Tags
betting