De'Quan Bowers DE 2 9.09%
Blaine Gabbert QB 3 13.64%
Patrick Peterson CB 1 4.55%
Marcel Dareus DT 4 18.18%
OTHER 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22.03.2011, 10:33 AM
Pro Bowler

With Brown saying he hopes that Palmer changes his mind and that he has no intention of trading him it would lead me to think that they won't go QB in the first.

Virtually no mocks around the web are giving us Fairley or Dareus which is surprising. We have been lacking a dominant DT for years.

The momentum would seem to be with them drafting Peterson now especially with J-Joe about to become a FA.

AJ Green is still an option if they feel that they can appease Palmer although last year they gave Palmer a present in Gresham and it didn't get them anywhere.

Von Miller would seem the be the biggest outsider as he projects as a 3-4 OLB although a few mocks are now giving him to us to play SAM with Rey moving into the middle.
Old 22.03.2011, 10:42 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidey77 View Post
With Brown saying he hopes that Palmer changes his mind and that he has no intention of trading him it would lead me to think that they won't go QB in the first.

Virtually no mocks around the web are giving us Fairley or Dareus which is surprising. We have been lacking a dominant DT for years.

The momentum would seem to be with them drafting Peterson now especially with J-Joe about to become a FA.

AJ Green is still an option if they feel that they can appease Palmer although last year they gave Palmer a present in Gresham and it didn't get them anywhere.

Von Miller would seem the be the biggest outsider as he projects as a 3-4 OLB although a few mocks are now giving him to us to play SAM with Rey moving into the middle.
Von Miller would be a worse pick than Cam Newton. And Cam Newton would be a train wreck of a pick. We need one of the defensive linemen, either Feirley, Bowers or Quinn imo, although Darreus would be acceptable.

No-one else should even be considered.
Old 22.03.2011, 10:53 AM
Starter

Von Miller is one of the best players in the draft and I would be happy if we drafted him IF we didn't have such a huge need on the D-Line, imagining him at OLB and Rey in the in middle would be amazing, but we have bigger needs, I don't think it would be as disastrous as your making it out to be, Bengals do tend to pick up the best player on the board by the points system, so i wouldn't be surprised if he was still there.
Old 22.03.2011, 11:09 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by erenmusXIX View Post
Von Miller is one of the best players in the draft and I would be happy if we drafted him IF we didn't have such a huge need on the D-Line, imagining him at OLB and Rey in the in middle would be amazing, but we have bigger needs, I don't think it would be as disastrous as your making it out to be, Bengals do tend to pick up the best player on the board by the points system, so i wouldn't be surprised if he was still there.
He may be one of the best players in the draft, but he really does not fit in a 4-3. He is a pass rusher, and a damned good one, which is not what we tend to use our linebackers for. We need players who can set the edge and play the run, as well as dropping into coverage, and Von Miller is not that player. I don't question his potential, but it would be a horrible pick for our system.
Old 22.03.2011, 02:02 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
Von Miller would be a worse pick than Cam Newton. And Cam Newton would be a train wreck of a pick. We need one of the defensive linemen, either Feirley, Bowers or Quinn imo, although Darreus would be acceptable.

No-one else should even be considered.
They will hardly go for Miller after the David Pollack experiment failed.

Do you rate Dareus as the 4th best Defensive lineman or do you think he is the 4h best fit for our team? At present I would take him over Quinn or Bowers. I think if we had a disruptive DT inside there may not be such a pressing need for a DE.

As I said previously I am suprised nobody is mocking Dareus to us. Perhaps everybody thinks he will be gone by 4 or that he is a 3-4 DE.
Old 22.03.2011, 02:16 PM
MVP

Quote:
They will hardly go for Miller after the David Pollack experiment failed.

Do you rate Dareus as the 4th best Defensive lineman or do you think he is the 4h best fit for our team? At present I would take him over Quinn or Bowers. I think if we had a disruptive DT inside there may not be such a pressing need for a DE.

As I said previously I am suprised nobody is mocking Dareus to us. Perhaps everybody thinks he will be gone by 4 or that he is a 3-4 DE.
I rate Quinn, Bowers and Fairley above Darreus myself. Fairley is more disruptive, and if he didn't have some character issues would be clearly above him. Bowers has only produced for one season, which is a worry, but he has shown an amazing ability to make plays in the backfield that he should be able to continue. The only thing stopping me from picking him would be the injury, but we can only speculate there. Quinn would have been the first overall pick if he had played this season, so I don't have a problem with selecting him.

Darreus is clearly a top quality player, and has shown great ability throughout his time at Alabama. However, some have voiced concerns over the fit to either 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE, seeing him as a little too much of a tweener with no natural position. I haven't seen enough of him to make that judgement, but I'm always wary of turning a player into something they are not, as it is always risky. He played the 3-4 in college, which does not mean he cannot play the 4-3, but it means there is more risk involved rather than the others who played the same positions as we would be using them for.
Old 22.03.2011, 04:13 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I rate Quinn, Bowers and Fairley above Darreus myself. Fairley is more disruptive, and if he didn't have some character issues would be clearly above him. Bowers has only produced for one season, which is a worry, but he has shown an amazing ability to make plays in the backfield that he should be able to continue. The only thing stopping me from picking him would be the injury, but we can only speculate there. Quinn would have been the first overall pick if he had played this season, so I don't have a problem with selecting him.

Darreus is clearly a top quality player, and has shown great ability throughout his time at Alabama. However, some have voiced concerns over the fit to either 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE, seeing him as a little too much of a tweener with no natural position. I haven't seen enough of him to make that judgement, but I'm always wary of turning a player into something they are not, as it is always risky. He played the 3-4 in college, which does not mean he cannot play the 4-3, but it means there is more risk involved rather than the others who played the same positions as we would be using them for.
Of the 4 to D-Linemen Bowers worries me the most due the fact is is injured and is only a one season wonder.

Quinn has drawn favourable comparisons to Dwight Freeney which would be nice complement to Dunlap who is a bull rusher.

After the Championship game I was worried we wouldn't get a crack at Fairley but now it seems his stock is falling and I am torn between him and Dareus.

In fact I am not entriely against the idea of Peterson if he turns out to be the real deal!

I can't decide!
Old 22.03.2011, 05:31 PM
MVP

Quote:
Of the 4 to D-Linemen Bowers worries me the most due the fact is is injured and is only a one season wonder.

Quinn has drawn favourable comparisons to Dwight Freeney which would be nice complement to Dunlap who is a bull rusher.

After the Championship game I was worried we wouldn't get a crack at Fairley but now it seems his stock is falling and I am torn between him and Dareus.

In fact I am not entriely against the idea of Peterson if he turns out to be the real deal!

I can't decide!
I'm against PP7 as he is just not needed. Sure, he'll turn out to be a top level corner, possibly elite, but we have two top-level corners who we would be paying the same amount of money to, and we know what they can do.

Fairley's stock is falling atm, and I'd be surprised if we took him, but I really hope we do. He is so disruptive at the line, and would be a perfect compliment to Peko.

Bowers is certainly worrying in some aspects, but Fairley is a one season wonder as well, and Bowers had just as good a year, if not a better one.
Old 23.03.2011, 01:33 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm against PP7 as he is just not needed. Sure, he'll turn out to be a top level corner, possibly elite, but we have two top-level corners who we would be paying the same amount of money to, and we know what they can do.

Fairley's stock is falling atm, and I'd be surprised if we took him, but I really hope we do. He is so disruptive at the line, and would be a perfect compliment to Peko.

Bowers is certainly worrying in some aspects, but Fairley is a one season wonder as well, and Bowers had just as good a year, if not a better one.
Well if I was pushed my wish list would be

Dareus
Fairley
Quinn
Green
Peterson
Bowers

I am totally against a 1st round QB although Marvin is talking about moving forward with a young guy. I hope he doesn't mean Gabbert OR Newton.
Old 26.03.2011, 10:12 AM
MVP

Looks like we are paying a visit to Auburn to work Newton out, and hosting him in Cincinnati as well. Only team to work him out twice I think..... I hope he goes to Buffalo or Carolina!