Trip to BOA next season - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Carolina Panthers

Sponsored Links

Old 01.12.2013, 12:03 PM
Pro

Default Trip to BOA next season

me and two pals (1 bronco and the other a packer fans) are talking of coming over to the BOA stadium next season if the game falls right. We are hoping that we are at home the game after the second game at wembley so we can fly out to london for the week and taking in a college game. Here is my questions. any advice about going over to Charlotte and where to stay? how easy it is to get from the airport to the city center? Whats the tailgate like and can you just go to it in the morning or do you need a ticket also is there drink sold there or take you own? I know i can get tickets through stubhub and the likes so tickets are not a problem.
Sponsored Links
Old 01.12.2013, 07:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Hey mate, I can't help personally but I have a feeling Michael975 said he went to Charlotte on an older post. I would also be interested to hear about it.
Old 05.02.2014, 12:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by well_nuts View Post
me and two pals (1 bronco and the other a packer fans) are talking of coming over to the BOA stadium next season if the game falls right. We are hoping that we are at home the game after the second game at wembley so we can fly out to london for the week and taking in a college game. Here is my questions. any advice about going over to Charlotte and where to stay? how easy it is to get from the airport to the city center? Whats the tailgate like and can you just go to it in the morning or do you need a ticket also is there drink sold there or take you own? I know i can get tickets through stubhub and the likes so tickets are not a problem.
Can't help you there mate, but we were also planning a visit for a game next season. If you find anything out can you let me know? Cheers.
Old 25.02.2014, 03:41 PM
Pro

Yeah will do. There is going to be direct flight from Manchester to Charlotte opening in the spring at some time so will be waiting to look in to them before we decide what we are doing.
Old 04.03.2014, 04:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by well_nuts View Post
I live in Charlotte, there are a lot of great hotels in center city, which is walking distance to BoA stadium. I've stayed at the Hilton, Westin, and Marriott, all of which were very nice. You might want to just google "Charlotte center city hotels" for a more complete list.

The airport is about 15 minutes from the city center and of course you can rent a vehicle or walk out of baggage claim and grab a taxi to your hotel.

You don't need a ticket to come out and tailgate, just wander over to the stadium area the morning of and join in haha. You can buy drinks at the stadium, and it's technically against the rules to bring your own alcohol. Max of 2 drinks per purchase but obviously you can keep coming back.

I know this is a very late response but hopefully it helps
Old 04.03.2014, 09:40 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB25 View Post
I live in Charlotte, there are a lot of great hotels in center city, which is walking distance to BoA stadium. I've stayed at the Hilton, Westin, and Marriott, all of which were very nice. You might want to just google "Charlotte center city hotels" for a more complete list.

The airport is about 15 minutes from the city center and of course you can rent a vehicle or walk out of baggage claim and grab a taxi to your hotel.

You don't need a ticket to come out and tailgate, just wander over to the stadium area the morning of and join in haha. You can buy drinks at the stadium, and it's technically against the rules to bring your own alcohol. Max of 2 drinks per purchase but obviously you can keep coming back.

I know this is a very late response but hopefully it helps
Hey man, first off, welcome to the forums!

Secondly, That sounds awsome! do you go to alot of panther games?
Old 09.03.2014, 04:33 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleassault View Post
Hey man, first off, welcome to the forums!

Secondly, That sounds awsome! do you go to alot of panther games?
Thanks man

And yeah, just about every home game other than the primetime games.

Just wanna say, I think it's awesome that there are so many true Panthers fans in the UK.
Old 09.03.2014, 06:11 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB25 View Post
Thanks man

And yeah, just about every home game other than the primetime games.

Just wanna say, I think it's awesome that there are so many true Panthers fans in the UK.

That must be so good, the atmosphere must be out of this world, would love to visit Charlotte one day.

Awsome to have a Charlotte native on here amongst us aswell haha
Old 27.03.2014, 10:48 AM
Rookie

Default Visiting BOA

Hey very late response but il post anyway. I went to see the Panthers play the Redskins back in 2011. Great city and stadium. Tailgating is relaxed and non ticketed and buying beer in the stadium is not a problem. This offseason the Panthers are developing the stadium with a better screen and sound system etc.... I have family all over North Carolina so hope to get back there next season for a game. Charlotte is one of America's fastest growing cities so there's a good buzz about the place!

(Get over to Chapel Hill if you wanna catch college sports!)

Cheers Naoise, Dublin.