Going over for 2 games - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Carolina Panthers

Sponsored Links

Old 20.07.2016, 07:58 PM
Pro

Default Going over for 2 games

I am off to Charlotte in November. for the chiefs and saints games seeing as they are both at home within 5 days of each other. I cant wait to spend a 9 days exploring the area around Charlotte as well as the city. I am really hoping that they serve cider within the stadium. Anyone got any tips while out there?
Sponsored Links
Old 22.07.2016, 12:22 AM
Team Captain

Enjoy it mate!
One of my targets in the next few years is to try and get out for a couple of Panthers games as well, wouldn't even mind trying to have an away game too!

Have you already purchased tickets?

Definitely let us know how you get on and upload and pics and vids you take if you get time
Old 27.07.2016, 07:46 AM
Rookie

I was over last year for the Washington and Dallas games. I didn't get to spend much time in Charlotte but I did find a good bar (Blackfinn) where you can watch college football on the Saturday with different games on every screen then on Sunday it's the same with the NFL games. There is a decent outlet mall close to the city but I'm not sure how easy it is to et to if you don't have a car.

As much as I enjoyed the home game going on the road is much more fun especially when you win.

For me this year I'm heading over to Denver for the rematch.
Old 07.08.2016, 07:48 PM
Pro

Thanks will check out the blackfinn while i am over. I am really looking forward to it as it will be my first visit to Charlotte.
Old 14.08.2016, 10:00 AM
Pro

I went to the Giants @ Panthers game 3 years ago (2013). There were lots of Giants fans which pushed up the on the day ticket prices, but I got a great seat.

Charlotte - nice city. Named after our British queen.

Make sure you do the stadium tour, which includes out onto the side of the field and in the locker rooms - but it only runs on certain days. Very inexpensive. Link...

http://www.panthers.com/stadium/tours.html

There are giant statues of Panthers outside at the end of the stadium, good for photo opportunity.

If sunny, one side of the stadium gets the sun - they make the away team have that side! Panthers have the side in the shade.

The Nascar Hall of Fame Museum is located in Charlotte. As well as lots of cars, they have racing simulators and much more. Make sure you register your name when you go in.

Link...

http://www.nascarhall.com/

Discovery Place has museum/aquarium, plus giant IMAX screen.

Indoor market at 7th street.

If you are staying downtown, there is a "Sprinter" bus which runs from the airport to downtown, obviously cheaper than taxi.

There is a trolley which runs around downtown, which I think was free. Also Lynx light rail train system, which I used to visit a Presidential museum on the outskirts.

I'll be at the Panthers game at the Atlanta Falcons in October (plus NFL game in New Orleans, 3 college games - Ole Miss, Tulane and Georgia Tech., and MLB game in Atlanta, plus the newish College Football Hall of Fame Museum in Atlanta).

I went to the very first regular season game in the Georgia Dome back in 1992 - can't believe they are tearing it down after only 25 years. Also last year for Atlanta Braves MLB stadium.

Enjoy your trip, it's a nice city and hopefully still fairly good weather in November down south.
Old 26.08.2016, 09:51 AM
Pro

Further to my post above, a few more points...

If you like College Football, University of North Carolina at Charlotte have 2 home games around the time of your visit. 12 Nov. vs. Rice and 19 Nov. vs. Middle Tennessee. They only moved up to the top level (FBS) last year. Play at Jerry Richardson stadium in Charlotte at the University, named after the Panthers' owner, which looks like it is about 11 miles away from Panthers stadium. I didn't go there.

Back to the Panthers...

The gameday programmes were free in 2013 - smaller A5 size, and there was also a free A4 size sheet with updated depth charts. First time I've ever received a free programme at an NFL game!

The stadium tour guide mentions that owner Jerry Richardson is unique in that his luxury box is in the end zone, not on the 50 yard line. As an ex player he was used to watching game tape filmed from the end zone, and he prefers to watch from there. He made his money from starting the Hardee's food chain.

The guide also mentioned the logo at midfield is the NFL one, not the Panthers. Richardson wanted this as evidently the Panthers received a unanimous approval to join the NFL from the other owners, the only team to do so. (Presumably this means the Jags weren't unanimous?)

Whilst it was lovely and hot when I visited, as you are no doubt aware, when it rains there it pours. There is little cover in the stadium, so I suggest you take some waterproofs just in case.

Hope you find info useful.