2014 season - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Carolina Panthers

Sponsored Links

Old 09.02.2014, 12:48 PM
Starter

Agreed ......... reinforcing the O-Line is the number one priority, got to protect Cam for the long term good of the franchise.

Depending on which of free agents we re-sign, that will decide who we draft in the later rounds.
Sponsored Links
Old 10.02.2014, 10:28 AM
Starter

If we post back to back play-off seasons I'll be ecstatic.

I too think O-Line is a priority, but I think this is the year we go high at WR, not sure who though.
Old 11.02.2014, 02:23 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR2_Panther View Post
If we post back to back play-off seasons I'll be ecstatic.

I too think O-Line is a priority, but I think this is the year we go high at WR, not sure who though.
Kelvin Benjamin stand out for me. His height would be fantastic as Cam sometimes has a habit of throwing too high. However the talent at WR in this years draft is very high and with everybody having multiple areas to improve on the chances of a top top WR dropping to 28th pick seems quite high for me.
Old 04.03.2014, 05:09 PM
Rookie

We have officially kept the defense intact. Honestly, this isn't just fan talk, the Panthers are in the perfect position to make a super bowl run next year.
Old 04.03.2014, 08:15 PM
Pro

I was reading a report that since sidney rice has been let go that we should be considering him for next season. I know he is a bit injury prone but at 27 he could do a job for us and also he would be a good option with smith. Need to drift defense to make that a bit more solid after gross retiring and a few free agents that might not come back.
Old 07.03.2014, 10:53 AM
Rookie

Tbh I trust the front office to make the right moves, let other teams fight over the bigger name free agents. I'm really not sure about Hakeem Nicks, if the price is right then great but his injury trouble plus a few people questionning his effort on the field. Reg flags are there imo and I'd avoid spending too much on him.

As a few people have mentioned OT & WR are probably our biggest needs. If Barner is working out as long-term replacement then fine if not think we need to look at running backs. DeAngelo ain't getting any younger and although I like J-Stew he can't stay healthy.
Old 07.03.2014, 01:28 PM
Starter

I agree with the above. For the first time I actually have genuine faith in our front office to evaluate talent and pay appropriately for them, be it existing talent we have or players we can acquire through the draft or free agency.

I see no way that we get blind sided by Nicks, with Gettleman's history at the Giants. DG will know everything there is to know about Nicks, and exactly what he is worth.

The fact Gettleman also has such a strong scouting and personnel background is very positive. It's kind of the opposite to what Marty Hurney did, who was heavily finance based. Which is puzzling, considering the cap situation DG inherited!!