Hopes for coming season - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Carolina Panthers

Sponsored Links

Old 02.09.2015, 11:45 AM
Team Captain

Default Hopes for coming season

It's been pretty quite on here lately so thought I'd start a new thread for our hopes. Benjamin being out for the season will be a massive blow and could really be the difference between us getting to the play offs or not. Don't think we will this year after having a good last 3 years but as always hopeful for a run to the SB
Sponsored Links
Old 07.09.2015, 11:24 AM
Team Captain

I think we will go 8-8 or 9-7 but with our division that still might be enough to win the south. I'm confident that we won't finish last but it's very tough to pick a winner out of Carolina, Atlanta and new Orleans when there are so many questions surrounding them.

Atlanta will have a better defense under Dan Quinn but will it be good enough to win the division ? I think their o line is pretty poor and it may cost them.

New Orleans - Was last year just a blip for drew brees and Sean Payton or is brees career on the decline ? I personally think that the saints will have a good offense and will score plenty of points it just depends on whether their defense will be good enough to stop other teams scoring more.

Carolina - Can our offense cope without Kelvin ? I think the loss of Benjamin is a huge blow and I can see our offense being one of the worst in the league. It depends on whether we can have a good running game and can score touchdowns instead of field goals when in the red zone. I think the o line has looked pretty good in the pre season but it is only pre season.
I'm confident about the defense and it has potential to be top 5 in the league but winning the division again will depend on the performance of our offense. With a good o line, running game and better red zone efficiency I can see us going to the play offs.

With regards to Tampa I think they will improve but it won't be good enough to challenge for the division and I think they will finish last. I think Winston will struggle as a rookie behind a weak o line however they will be more competitive.

Anyway can't wait for the new season , bring on the jaguars for week 1
Old 08.09.2015, 09:50 PM
Team Captain

I was beginning to think I may have been the only Panther fan left on here haha, good analysis, i don't really know much about the other teams in our division other than Saints and a little bit about Atlanta, hopefully we can make the play offs this year, would be nice to keep progressing and go a step further this year too!
Old 19.10.2015, 01:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wba1990 View Post
I was beginning to think I may have been the only Panther fan left on here haha, good analysis, i don't really know much about the other teams in our division other than Saints and a little bit about Atlanta, hopefully we can make the play offs this year, would be nice to keep progressing and go a step further this year too!
I'm stuck to weather to pick panthers as my team. Shame non of them play in claret and blue; ) my yam yam friend
Old 22.10.2015, 11:27 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2245 View Post
I'm stuck to weather to pick panthers as my team. Shame non of them play in claret and blue; ) my yam yam friend
You should have, missed out there, 50/50 kit as well with them wearing blue like our teams lol. I have a slight soft spot for the Giants as I play as them on Madden with a league I'm in. Good choice picking them, admit it though, its because their main colours are blue and white with a hint of red like another team within the midlands
Old 09.02.2016, 01:09 PM
Team Captain

Well what a season! Shame it din't have the ending we wished for, and when I woke up yesterday morning I was more gutted than at the time, and initially hoped I'd just dreamt it and I was waking up Sunday morning with the SB still to be played!
Going to be more expectation next year so may be more difficult to make it all the way, Seahawks made the SB twice on the bounce winning it then losing it, maybe we can do the same but the other way round!
No idea what I'm going to do until September!
Old 09.02.2016, 01:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Well what a season! Shame it din't have the ending we wished for, and when I woke up yesterday morning I was more gutted than at the time, and initially hoped I'd just dreamt it and I was waking up Sunday morning with the SB still to be played!
Going to be more expectation next year so may be more difficult to make it all the way, Seahawks made the SB twice on the bounce winning it then losing it, maybe we can do the same but the other way round!
No idea what I'm going to do until September!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who woke up hoping it was a very bad dream!
I spent all day completely gutted about the result and the way we played yesterday.
Their defense was unfortunately just that good.
Regardless of the superbowl loss I don't think any of us expecting the season to go the way it did. It was an amazing journey, alot of players stepped up and made people take us seriously.
We have such a young team and the future is exciting!

Roll on September!
Old 09.02.2016, 04:21 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadstarsburn View Post
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who woke up hoping it was a very bad dream!
I spent all day completely gutted about the result and the way we played yesterday.
Their defense was unfortunately just that good.
Regardless of the superbowl loss I don't think any of us expecting the season to go the way it did. It was an amazing journey, alot of players stepped up and made people take us seriously.
We have such a young team and the future is exciting!

Roll on September!
I was the same mate, was in a right mood most day! Overtime I've got Sky Sports on and something about SB50 or Broncos comes on I have to turn the TV channel over
The only plus point for me yesterday surrounding NFL was my Kuechly jersey turned up and it's the first jersey I've ever brought so very impressed with it!
I thought we would struggle for play offs tbh, the team can be very very proud with how they performed this year, shame it didn't end as we wanted however it's gone now, got to look to the new season, having a quality WR available for Cam to target and hope someone like Funchess continues to improve, we could very well have 2 quality WR if he continues how his rookie season went
Old 09.02.2016, 05:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I was the same mate, was in a right mood most day! Overtime I've got Sky Sports on and something about SB50 or Broncos comes on I have to turn the TV channel over
The only plus point for me yesterday surrounding NFL was my Kuechly jersey turned up and it's the first jersey I've ever brought so very impressed with it!
I thought we would struggle for play offs tbh, the team can be very very proud with how they performed this year, shame it didn't end as we wanted however it's gone now, got to look to the new season, having a quality WR available for Cam to target and hope someone like Funchess continues to improve, we could very well have 2 quality WR if he continues how his rookie season went
My wife came home late last night and said i was still moody. I tried to pass it off as being tired but she knows me too well lol.

Where did you get your jersey from? I was desperately trying to get an Olsen white one all week but everywhere i looked they were out of stock!

The way we dominated some of the bigger teams this year just shows how far we have come. I must say over the second half of the season i was very impressed with how Funchess had improved.

Where do you think we need to look to improve with the draft? I don't really follow college football all that much but i'm using the next few weeks to get an idea of who the top targets are.
Old 09.02.2016, 05:29 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadstarsburn View Post
My wife came home late last night and said i was still moody. I tried to pass it off as being tired but she knows me too well lol.

Where did you get your jersey from? I was desperately trying to get an Olsen white one all week but everywhere i looked they were out of stock!

The way we dominated some of the bigger teams this year just shows how far we have come. I must say over the second half of the season i was very impressed with how Funchess had improved.

Where do you think we need to look to improve with the draft? I don't really follow college football all that much but i'm using the next few weeks to get an idea of who the top targets are.
I'm still gutted but trying to focus on next season (even though right now it's so far away)

I got mine from NFL Europe - have you tried Ali Express? About £17-£22, stitched instead of printed, I know a few people that have ordered from them arrive within 1-2 weeks and meant to be very good quality too, think I'm going to get my next one from them

Definitely, really hoping Funchess can push on from here, and hopefully take off a bit of pressure from KB when he's back

I don't know college football myself either, seems to be difficult to watch it in the UK sadly. Think we need a tackle definitely as well as a safety to replace Roman Harper, he's aging and sure his contract is up this year. Guess it depends on who we allow to hit FA, see what happens with Norman too, if he is tagged or signs a contract with us