Panthers Videos - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Carolina Panthers

Sponsored Links

Old 05.03.2013, 06:36 PM
Team Captain

Default Panthers Videos

As I have mentioned previously one of the teams I am looking to follow in the up coming NFL season is the Panthers, just wondering if anybody has any good links that shows what kind of style the Panthers play and what style I could expect to see watching and supporting them
Sponsored Links
Old 06.03.2013, 06:23 PM
Team Captain

Mate, youd be better off just watching a few games of every team during the season, or watch some games from season just gone.
Old 06.03.2013, 07:46 PM
Team Captain

Agree with assault here, it's better to watch games. However if you do want to watch some vids I found one here from a channel I sometimes watch and deangelo williams tweeted this video as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnLrjwGKM5M

Also worth looking at the nfl uk team video's. They are quite short and not the best but they are quite useful when trying to find your last couple of teams.
Old 06.03.2013, 08:11 PM
Team Captain

wow that vid is awsome!
Old 09.07.2013, 08:21 PM
Team Captain

Another awesome video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9x6tpUt2V0
Old 09.07.2013, 08:29 PM
Team Captain

I didnt think i could get any more pumped for the season..........................kill me now. i cannot wait!
Old 12.07.2013, 05:00 PM
Team Captain

Only 58 more days until our season starts!
Old 12.07.2013, 07:56 PM
Team Captain

Im counting Pre-season as season starting so only 28 days!!

Cant wait to see what the rookies do and which reciever will emerge as number 3
Old 14.07.2013, 10:58 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleassault View Post
Im counting Pre-season as season starting so only 28 days!!

Cant wait to see what the rookies do and which reciever will emerge as number 3
Boy do I miss the days when we had Moose lining up on the other side to Smitty...

Nostalgia aside, I think our biggest weakness in the team as a whole is at receiver. I was surprised to see Gettleman not address the position in the draft to get someone to pair with Smitty. If he had, then LaFell would have been a good number three. I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the third spot is worrying. I know Gettleman had a lot to sort out this off season, and still does, but for a guy that wants Cam to be more of a pocket passer and less emphasis on him running, then I'd have thought getting another weapon for Cam would have been a priority.

Anyway. If we say that LaFell is our number two, then that leaves:

- Ginn has a ton of speed, and if he can catch consistently he will be another player that can stretch the field. So maybe Ginn can step up on the outside opposite Smitty, with LaFell in the slot. That could work. Problem is he hasn't been used in the passing game much since his early years in Miami, and for good reason.
- Hixon is coming off a five hundred yard season, and I think it is his most productive year as a wide receiver. He has ok size, speed and athleticism. Not sure if he fits being an outside or slot receiver best, but as a third option he might be a good choice.
- Gettis could earn the spot in camp if he proves he's healthy. His rookie year showed some promise, but injuries have meant he's not played in two seasons. If healthy he would be my choice for the number three spot, decent enough hands, size, speed and athleticism.
- Edwards is a wild card for the spot. He's apparently impressed. He's quick, but after his fumbles in the return game I'd be concerned about his ability to make catches consistently. He'd do ok in the slot I suppose.

We do have some other receivers, but these are the most likely. I guess the positive is that Rivera and co have options to choose from, but they aren't exactly sparkling. This year I wouldn't mind seeing us give Brandon Lloyd a one year deal to line up opposite Smitty, with LaFell taking the role of the third receicer. Lloyd is coming off a good year at the Patriots, and he could come in at a reasonable price as well. His experience could really help Cam.

Another issue is that we do need another tight end as well. Olsen is a very good tight end, but we need another like Shockey. He did a good job with Olsen, and for me Cam did better with two tight end sets. I'm not sure we have another guy to step up with Olsen. Hopefully camp sorts that out.

As it stands I can't wait to see how the offence turns out.

Last edited by Michael975; 14.07.2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 15.07.2013, 06:41 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael975 View Post
Boy do I miss the days when we had Moose lining up on the other side to Smitty...

Nostalgia aside, I think our biggest weakness in the team as a whole is at receiver. I was surprised to see Gettleman not address the position in the draft to get someone to pair with Smitty. If he had, then LaFell would have been a good number three. I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the third spot is worrying. I know Gettleman had a lot to sort out this off season, and still does, but for a guy that wants Cam to be more of a pocket passer and less emphasis on him running, then I'd have thought getting another weapon for Cam would have been a priority.

Anyway. If we say that LaFell is our number two, then that leaves:

- Ginn has a ton of speed, and if he can catch consistently he will be another player that can stretch the field. So maybe Ginn can step up on the outside opposite Smitty, with LaFell in the slot. That could work. Problem is he hasn't been used in the passing game much since his early years in Miami, and for good reason.
- Hixon is coming off a five hundred yard season, and I think it is his most productive year as a wide receiver. He has ok size, speed and athleticism. Not sure if he fits being an outside or slot receiver best, but as a third option he might be a good choice.
- Gettis could earn the spot in camp if he proves he's healthy. His rookie year showed some promise, but injuries have meant he's not played in two seasons. If healthy he would be my choice for the number three spot, decent enough hands, size, speed and athleticism.
- Edwards is a wild card for the spot. He's apparently impressed. He's quick, but after his fumbles in the return game I'd be concerned about his ability to make catches consistently. He'd do ok in the slot I suppose.

We do have some other receivers, but these are the most likely. I guess the positive is that Rivera and co have options to choose from, but they aren't exactly sparkling. This year I wouldn't mind seeing us give Brandon Lloyd a one year deal to line up opposite Smitty, with LaFell taking the role of the third receicer. Lloyd is coming off a good year at the Patriots, and he could come in at a reasonable price as well. His experience could really help Cam.

Another issue is that we do need another tight end as well. Olsen is a very good tight end, but we need another like Shockey. He did a good job with Olsen, and for me Cam did better with two tight end sets. I'm not sure we have another guy to step up with Olsen. Hopefully camp sorts that out.

As it stands I can't wait to see how the offence turns out.

Couldnt have put it better myself Michael, no idea why we dropped both shockey and the two tight end style of play, loved it.