Sponsored Links

Old 07.07.2014, 07:24 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael975 View Post
I have created the league, the details are as follows:

League address is: http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/2326349
League password is: sammills

I have tried to make it open to join, but not sure if I have achieved that. If not, reply to the thread or send me a PM with your email and I'll send an invite!

---

Also, as for line ups they are currently set at the following:

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 RB/WR - plus a six man bench

Now the flex spot can be changed to one of the following:

RB/WR
WR/TE
QB/RB/WR/TE
RB/WR/TE
IDP (not sure what this is!)

Two other things to consider include:

1. Do we include a spot for an injured reserve player? This can allow for us to keep a guy if he gets injured but might return at a later date (for example, I had Doug Martin in my fantasy team last season and without the IR spot it left me in an awkward position. I had to wait until he was ruled out to drop him, and that meant me having to drop a different player in order to create a space. An IR spot would allow us to put a high value player on IR).

2. Does everyone prefer a single DEF selection (i.e. Chicago Bears defence), or would you prefer to see us draft three positional players on defence (i.e one spot for DL, one spot for LB, one spot for DB)?
Would Prefer defence as a whole i think.

Also, im not quite sure how to actually join? :s

Last edited by jungleassault; 07.07.2014 at 07:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07.07.2014, 09:15 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleassault View Post
Would Prefer defence as a whole i think.

Also, im not quite sure how to actually join? :s
If there isn't an option to join, just send me a pm with your email address and I'll invite you.
Old 08.07.2014, 08:52 AM
Rookie

Quote:

Two other things to consider include:

1. Do we include a spot for an injured reserve player? This can allow for us to keep a guy if he gets injured but might return at a later date (for example, I had Doug Martin in my fantasy team last season and without the IR spot it left me in an awkward position. I had to wait until he was ruled out to drop him, and that meant me having to drop a different player in order to create a space. An IR spot would allow us to put a high value player on IR).

2. Does everyone prefer a single DEF selection (i.e. Chicago Bears defence), or would you prefer to see us draft three positional players on defence (i.e one spot for DL, one spot for LB, one spot for DB)?
I've now had some time to look through everything and I pretty much like the way you have set it up. I agree with Wednesdaylad, go for a snaking order draft, it's much fairer. I like your points scoring as well.

For a draft date, if it could be after 23 August, that would be really handy to me, but I guess it depends when other people are on vacation as well. It's possibly better to have it closer to the start of the season, as some players can still go down injured.

For the other 2 questions, an IR spot I've never used before. It's up to you if you want to use it. For the other one, just go for a single defence, don't bother with any other defensive positions for this year. If we get regular people for it, maybe go for defensive positions afterwards.

Lastly, I've tried joining, but I think you need to put up the the page where it says join, as you can't join it from the main page.
Old 08.07.2014, 09:53 AM
Rookie

Actually, I've just found a way to apply to join, but it requires you to accept it.
Old 08.07.2014, 03:44 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newerwaves View Post
I've now had some time to look through everything and I pretty much like the way you have set it up. I agree with Wednesdaylad, go for a snaking order draft, it's much fairer. I like your points scoring as well.

For a draft date, if it could be after 23 August, that would be really handy to me, but I guess it depends when other people are on vacation as well. It's possibly better to have it closer to the start of the season, as some players can still go down injured.

For the other 2 questions, an IR spot I've never used before. It's up to you if you want to use it. For the other one, just go for a single defence, don't bother with any other defensive positions for this year. If we get regular people for it, maybe go for defensive positions afterwards.

Lastly, I've tried joining, but I think you need to put up the the page where it says join, as you can't join it from the main page.
Draft date I'm open to suggestions from everyone. I simply picked a random date since it required it, but I can change the day and time to the most suitable.

Snake draft it is. When we have 8 teams I'll do a random draw to see who picks where?

As for the flex spot what do you like RB/WR, RB/WR/TE, WR/TE, QB/RB/WR/TE?

Quote:
Actually, I've just found a way to apply to join, but it requires you to accept it.
Did I send you an email with it?
Old 09.07.2014, 07:01 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Draft date I'm open to suggestions from everyone. I simply picked a random date since it required it, but I can change the day and time to the most suitable.

Snake draft it is. When we have 8 teams I'll do a random draw to see who picks where?

As for the flex spot what do you like RB/WR, RB/WR/TE, WR/TE, QB/RB/WR/TE?

Did I send you an email with it?
Ah yes, I got your email through and have now joined the league, team name: Jimmys Wang Yang.

For the flex spot, I've normally experienced RB/WR, but to have QB/RB/WR/TE would be interesting, as you can then really mix around that last spot.
Old 09.07.2014, 12:39 PM
Starter

I'm in and set up, Rumplebeanskin, looking forward to it!

Are we having any rules about having to draft at least 1 Panther?
Old 09.07.2014, 06:45 PM
Team Captain

Update list
michael975 - Magic Panthers
Wednesdaylad43 - Rumplebeanskin
jungleassault - Stevenage Spartans
Newerwaves -Jimmys Wang Yang
SynchPanth - Luke-ing Dangerous
well_nuts -
Harrisonal - Tokyo Sasquatch
CaptainGrimbeard -

So it looks like we're waiting on well_nuts and CaptainGrimbeard to join, unless I've mistakenly attributed the wrong team to username. If I have made a mistake, please highlight it

Quote:
Ah yes, I got your email through and have now joined the league, team name: Jimmys Wang Yang.

For the flex spot, I've normally experienced RB/WR, but to have QB/RB/WR/TE would be interesting, as you can then really mix around that last spot.
Indeed, it does open it up. Usually the leagues I compete in go with RB/WR, or RB/WR/TE. But I have seen some leagues use a QB flex spot, and with 8 of us, there will be enough to go around. If the league was bigger, say 12 to 16 teams, then QBs can be spread pretty thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesdaylad43 View Post
I'm in and set up, Rumplebeanskin, looking forward to it!

Are we having any rules about having to draft at least 1 Panther?
That's an interesting twist. I usually like to draft at least one Panther for my team, so I would be happy to draft one Panther for my team if everyone else is?

We should have enough panthers players to go around!
Old 10.07.2014, 05:53 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Update list
That's an interesting twist. I usually like to draft at least one Panther for my team, so I would be happy to draft one Panther for my team if everyone else is?

We should have enough panthers players to go around!
That's fine by me, but do we have to play them during the season, as really there are only about 3 or 4 Panther players that are any good for fantasy?
Old 10.07.2014, 08:51 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
That's fine by me, but do we have to play them during the season, as really there are only about 3 or 4 Panther players that are any good for fantasy?
Aye, after Cam, our D and Gano, it is probably bye week material. So I'd say no to having to play then every week. To have a Panther on the team would be unsurprising for a Panthers fans league, but I will leave it up to individual players to decide if they want to draft one or not.