Advice on buying NFL tickets for US games - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 20.04.2018, 06:10 PM
Team Captain

Default Advice on buying NFL tickets for US games

Help needed!

I'm planning a trip to the States after the last Wembley game to see a couple of games there - probably in SF & Philadelphia & maybe in New Orleans.

Last time I went, I clicked through the NFL schedules link and ended up buying tickets on the equivalent of Viagogo & Stubhub, feeling quite ripped off with the prices and "additional fees".

Is there a way of buying tickets directly from the teams - in which case, when are the tickets released - or from an "honest" fan-sharing site that doesn't rip people off?

Advice would be appreciated.
Old 23.04.2018, 09:50 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistimemaybe View Post
Help needed!

I'm planning a trip to the States after the last Wembley game to see a couple of games there - probably in SF & Philadelphia & maybe in New Orleans.

Last time I went, I clicked through the NFL schedules link and ended up buying tickets on the equivalent of Viagogo & Stubhub, feeling quite ripped off with the prices and "additional fees".

Is there a way of buying tickets directly from the teams - in which case, when are the tickets released - or from an "honest" fan-sharing site that doesn't rip people off?

Advice would be appreciated.
I have done a bunch of trips NFL (Miami and Charlotte) and college football (Florida gators) over the last 10 years, and in the majority of cases have been able to buy single game ticket from standard sale on ticketmaster - I suggest this should be your first port of call.
as to when they go on sale, entirely dependent on the team, so I suggest you identify the possible games now and go to the home teams websites (would do it now since the schedules are now released - I have already signed up for presale info for Miami) and look at ticket info, should give you a good idea.
you always have the secondary ticket sites as backup further down the line or if you think it will be a game that won't have much demand so is likely to be cheap enough resale of someone's season tickets.
my MO is generally keep an eye on a few of the resale sites as to what is available, but target the official team single game ticket sale.
Old 25.04.2018, 06:07 PM
Team Captain

Thanks for that. I reckon the Eagles/Cowboys game will be sold out, so secondary ticketing is probably my only choice, there, but maybe the New Orleans/Eagles game is worth waiting for the single ticket sale. If that goes wrong, I'll try the scalpers!