Draft 2017 - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 12.02.2017, 08:10 AM
All Pro

For the Pats a lot depends on who we resign free agency wise. If we lose Hightower we'll certainly draft LB in the 1st, if we lose Ryan/Bennett we need a CB/TE also.

Would imagine it'll be a usual Belichick draft - defence in the early rounds with some late round skill players on offence
Old 12.02.2017, 11:57 AM
Rookie

Bears.

Positions of need, Safety, QB, CB, TE, OLB, WR(If Alshon Jeffery leaves, and maybe even if he doesn't leave).

Ideally we'd sign a free agent CB, I'm thinking AJ Bouye. . I don't think we're getting any of the free agent safeties, but we could look at Duron Harmon from the Patriots who has upside. 7 INT's and 12 PD in 12 career starts.

I'm think Jamal Adams at #3, Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd round, Cameron Sutton in the 3rd, Jake Butt, Ryan Switzer in the 4th.

Last edited by ChibaMarines; 12.02.2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12.02.2017, 12:17 PM
MVP

QB, Corner and Safety I'd say are top of the list.

Not sure how well Trevathan recovers from his knee injury so linebacker possibly too.
Old 12.02.2017, 01:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Well documented that the Cowboys need help on defence, more specifically pass rush, more specifically than that a prototypical speed rusher.

They need a play maker who can help get the defence off the field.
Old 12.02.2017, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Well documented that the Cowboys need help on defence, more specifically pass rush, more specifically than that a prototypical speed rusher.

They need a play maker who can help get the defence off the field.
I would say Tim Williams might be a good fit, but I doubt Dallas take another chance on a high round pick with off-field issues...
Old 12.02.2017, 03:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
I would say Tim Williams might be a good fit, but I doubt Dallas take another chance on a high round pick with off-field issues...
There has to be an element of that in considering him. Even if he was solid off the field I'd be interesting to know how much he weighs, I've seen numbers from 237-253lbs. He looks quite thin in tape, more of a 3-4 OLB than 4-3 DE. You cant have a DE in the Cowboys scheme weighing under 250lbs, he'd be too much of a liability against the run.
Old 12.02.2017, 10:43 PM
Starter

Let's see... QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, OG, C, DT, DE, LB, CB, S, K, P, LS... well, maybe I'm exaggerating slightly. The long snapper's just about serviceable

Seriously though, no idea where to start... sounds like the QBs in first round contention would be massive reaches at #2, and most of the top rated talent this year is defense, WR and RB. A receiver's no use if you've got no QB, and you can't draft a star RB with a threadbare roster or you risk wasting his best years...

I'd say "best player available" in round 1, whoever that is. Find a QB in trade/free agency or get lucky with a Wilson/Prescott type middle-round pick. Failing that, find a vaguely competent stopgap starter and target next year's draft, chances are it will be another top 5 selection next year anyway.
Old 13.02.2017, 09:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest49 View Post
Let's see... QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, OG, C, DT, DE, LB, CB, S, K, P, LS... well, maybe I'm exaggerating slightly. The long snapper's just about serviceable

Seriously though, no idea where to start... sounds like the QBs in first round contention would be massive reaches at #2, and most of the top rated talent this year is defense, WR and RB. A receiver's no use if you've got no QB, and you can't draft a star RB with a threadbare roster or you risk wasting his best years...

I'd say "best player available" in round 1, whoever that is. Find a QB in trade/free agency or get lucky with a Wilson/Prescott type middle-round pick. Failing that, find a vaguely competent stopgap starter and target next year's draft, chances are it will be another top 5 selection next year anyway.
not looking good for the new coach then...watch out if he calls a pass when the games in the bag
Old 14.02.2017, 02:13 PM
Team Captain

OT would be top of our list, need to get more protection for Wilson, he took a lot of hits last year.
Old 14.02.2017, 02:41 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest49 View Post

Completely agree with this! Although part of me for some strange reason still has some faith in Kap!

I know nearly everyone says we need a new QB and am expecting us to go for one in the draft but with Shanahan on-board I am optimistic he might get the best out of Kap. I'm probably 1 in a million though