NFLUK 2019 7 round Mock Draft-Discussion thread - Page 99 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 08.04.2019, 12:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I was just about to come back on and say.....'defensive line is the other optio…..'

Ah well. It keeps things moving along.
I don't think we should overthink a 6th round pick vote anyway Richard

PM'd the Steelers but is Wayne taking his picks by email?
may have to wait till he surfaces, he normally sleeps in the mornings (like most vampires)
Old 08.04.2019, 01:19 PM
Team Captain

So my draft has concluded only managed to trade back once for an additional 5th rounder, I’m hoping Schneider and Carroll do a better job of accumulating the picks than I did, I don’t normally get involved with the UDFA, but feel I need to this year to up the numbers in my draft class . Happy with my pick ups though, addressed some needs on the roster.

Round 1 #25 – Jachai Polite – DE (Florida)
Round 3 #84 – DeMarkus Lodge – WR (Ole Miss)
Round 4 #124 – Ugochukwu Amadi – S (Oregon)
Round 5 #159 – Isiaiah Johnson – CB (Houston)
Round 5 #163 – Isaac Nauta – TE (Georgia)

I'll try my best to keep track on proceedings here, and i am assuming that towards the end of the week we may be looking at UDFA time. Thing i enjoy the most is seeing where they go in the real thing, and tracking their progress as the years pass.
Old 08.04.2019, 01:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
I don't think we should overthink a 6th round pick vote anyway Richard

PM'd the Steelers but is Wayne taking his picks by email?
may have to wait till he surfaces, he normally sleeps in the mornings (like most vampires)
Yeah, seems to have been the case. Probably be back on around 4pm.
Old 08.04.2019, 01:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyF87 View Post
I'll try my best to keep track on proceedings here, and i am assuming that towards the end of the week we may be looking at UDFA time. Thing i enjoy the most is seeing where they go in the real thing, and tracking their progress as the years pass.
keep an eye on here for UDFA update, I am away all this weekend (altho it would probably be sometime next week I would do it as we have basically still 2 rounds to go)
I normally accept picks by email, seems easier for everyone (and particularly given login issues etc) so feel free to PM me your email in case you are not on, I will let you know in advance.
Old 08.04.2019, 01:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So my draft has concluded only managed to trade back once for an additional 5th rounder, I’m hoping Schneider and Carroll do a better job of accumulating the picks than I did, I don’t normally get involved with the UDFA, but feel I need to this year to up the numbers in my draft class . Happy with my pick ups though, addressed some needs on the roster.

Round 1 #25 – Jachai Polite – DE (Florida)
Round 3 #84 – DeMarkus Lodge – WR (Ole Miss)
Round 4 #124 – Ugochukwu Amadi – S (Oregon)
Round 5 #159 – Isiaiah Johnson – CB (Houston)
Round 5 #163 – Isaac Nauta – TE (Georgia)

It'll certainly be interesting to see everyone has over thought it with Polite, if the Draft process has overshadowed the film. Polite, and Nauta to a similar extent, have certainly been 'fallers' since seasons end.

As you said, ideally you'd look to move back and aquire extra 3rd/4th round picks, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I don't know too much about Lodge and Amadi, did you have an eye on them pre draft?
Old 08.04.2019, 01:48 PM
All Pro

Steelers pick posted and PM sent to Houston

Last edited by maguiremick; 08.04.2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08.04.2019, 01:57 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
It'll certainly be interesting to see everyone has over thought it with Polite, if the Draft process has overshadowed the film. Polite, and Nauta to a similar extent, have certainly been 'fallers' since seasons end.

As you said, ideally you'd look to move back and aquire extra 3rd/4th round picks, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I don't know too much about Lodge and Amadi, did you have an eye on them pre draft?
Amadi and Lodge were on my board pre-draft, i didn't expect to pick them at the picks i did, but the way it fell they were both the top of my positional chart at the time.

I'm not a massive fan of the whole pre-draft process with the combine etc. i think the film is a far more productive way of evaluating players. But these are professional organisations that drill down into every minor detail about players so can see why it can be helpful. it would be intriguing to see a rough percentage breakdown of how much is taken into consideration when drafting a player, or whether teams have systems in place of scoring players

e.g. 40% Film , 15% Combine, 25% Interview etc. etc.
Old 08.04.2019, 02:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Amadi and Lodge were on my board pre-draft, i didn't expect to pick them at the picks i did, but the way it fell they were both the top of my positional chart at the time.

I'm not a massive fan of the whole pre-draft process with the combine etc. i think the film is a far more productive way of evaluating players. But these are professional organisations that drill down into every minor detail about players so can see why it can be helpful. it would be intriguing to see a rough percentage breakdown of how much is taken into consideration when drafting a player, or whether teams have systems in place of scoring players

e.g. 40% Film , 15% Combine, 25% Interview etc. etc.
Id imagine positionally, and schematically from team to team, that the interviews can sink some prospects, but for the most part the in-season Scouting must play a huge role. Obviously 'red flags' that emerge during interviews will play a role too.

It seems that sometimes scouts and coaches aren't on the same page, so that's something that front offices have to do a good job of balancing.
Old 08.04.2019, 02:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
And a smaller picture?
Thanks to Mr Ellis for fixing that!

As for Brown himself - not a lot of production in college, and not great testing numbers but when I watched his tape I just liked what I saw - and he was rated highly by PFF too. Definitely a H Back type TE, and dare I say it I see a little Aaron Hernandez in him (hopefully without the murdering). Anyways Pats don’t have one, and double dipping at TE is needed this draft
Old 08.04.2019, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, I’m up. Cheers for posting the picks, Mick!