FD's Pre-Season Power Rankings - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 05.08.2009, 09:47 PM
All Pro

Default FD's Pre-Season Power Rankings

Everyone is 0-0 at this point, so what better way to separate the teams of the NFL with a good old fashioned power ranking:

Linkage

Don't forget to follow the Diner at facebook and twitter.
Old 05.08.2009, 09:50 PM
GOAT

Steelers #1 for me. They're the Champs.
Old 05.08.2009, 10:11 PM
Hall of Fame

i wish i could share your optimism about the eagles. i had such high hopes for this season but they've faded. first we lost two of our biggest leaders (Dawkins and Runyan) then we lose JJ who made the team what it is more than anything. his ability was reading the situation and adjusting and adapting on the fly.

We cant replace that and as for riding on an emotional wave. i just dont see it happening. before dawkins would have every one rearing and ready to go but i just think that this defence is going to find it self up against it and there going to be looking for that leadership from dawkins or jj and realise its gone and just collapse.

add to this that we just lost Bradley for the season and it gets worse. he was a big upcoming leadership figure and an important part of our D and thats gone to. Also just today it turns out parkers been busted with weed so he's going to miss atleast 4 games one would imagine and his back up Victor Abiamiri is injured and will miss most of preseason.

we've lost so much this preseason and i cant help but worry. yes the offence should be good but we have two new tackles and a currently banged up westbrook.
Old 05.08.2009, 10:29 PM
Pro Bowler

The Eagles are overrated.

Yes, they have a pretty good team but I think they've proven to be this decade's Buffalo Bills.
Old 05.08.2009, 10:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattXG View Post
The Eagles are overrated.

Yes, they have a pretty good team but I think they've proven to be this decade's Buffalo Bills.
So that would be the best team in the conference then They are one of the most consistent teams in the NFC this decade for winning.

I can understand the concerns over the losses on defense but I expect them to maintain their aggressive style and they still have a very good DL which can set the tone. With all the weapons on offense they have I expect them to put up enough points for their D to defend.
Old 05.08.2009, 10:33 PM
All Pro

I'm buying into the Eagles hype. I like how they match up against the top teams, just a question of maintaining consistency for them.

People use to say Peyton Manning couldn't win the big one, and he had more playoffs failures than McNabb. I think McNabb can get over that **** and this is a year where he's got as good an opportunity as ever.
Old 05.08.2009, 10:37 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman84 View Post
So that would be the best team in the conference then They are one of the most consistent teams in the NFC this decade for winning.
Well, they are the poor man's Buffalo Bills.

They can only get to the Conference championship game. Atleast the Bills were making it to the Super Bowl!
Old 05.08.2009, 10:40 PM
MVP

No way you can justify putting the Pats #1 IMO. Just no way.

I rate Brady as high as anyone. But he's coming off serious knee surgery, you can never be sure with an injury like that on what affect it may have.

The Steelers are champs, they are #1.
Old 05.08.2009, 10:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
No way you can justify putting the Pats #1 IMO. Just no way.

I rate Brady as high as anyone. But he's coming off serious knee surgery, you can never be sure with an injury like that on what affect it may have.

The Steelers are champs, they are #1.
I can try

11-5 team without Brady last year. Reports of his comeback thus far are all very positive. The Pats are the team of the decade and are always there or thereabouts. They've got Fred Taylor and the return of Lawrence Maroney to boost their running game. They added Shaun Springs and Leigh Bodden for instant secondary help and then drafted three players in the drafts early rounds to learn behind them.

I fully appreciate and respect the Steelers are champs but as per usual they haven't moved too much. It works for them, but I think what the Pats are getting back and added makes them worthy pre-season favourites to win it all.
Old 05.08.2009, 11:09 PM
MVP

Good article I disagree with the Bills being so low i think some of the problems people think we have are overblown but I am unashamedly biased.