International Series - A Rams Home Game? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 26.06.2012, 01:52 PM
Pro

In terms of the crowd supporting the home team, I think that the wembley game is a unique experience.

I have been to all of the international series games at wembley and I dont know if it's because the home team does not tend to be the most popular team of the two at that particular time or what, but I have found that the away team generally gets the most support.

The wembley crowd does get behind the home team if they take the game to the away team though. So if the rams dont make silly mistakes and stand up to the patriots i think they will get a lot of support from the crowd. I know it sounds weird but it depends on how the game goes.
Old 26.06.2012, 02:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2noodles View Post

The wembley crowd does get behind the home team if they take the game to the away team though. So if the rams dont make silly mistakes and stand up to the patriots i think they will get a lot of support from the crowd. I know it sounds weird but it depends on how the game goes.
I'm really hoping that our defence is going to be a lot more dominant this year then last, with this in mind we should be hitting Brady and Welker with some nice big hits. I'm pretty sure the every one in the crowd excpet Pats fans will be cheering that on.
Old 26.06.2012, 03:43 PM
Pro Bowler

the games going one way, PATRIOTS WAY, lol.
Old 26.06.2012, 04:35 PM
Starter

In honesty, I have a suspicion that the Patriots will get more support on the day. I felt for the Bucs last year, as it felt a bit more like a Bears home game. The 49ers the year before did get good home support though.

I think people will just cheer good plays regardless of the team in the main!
Old 27.06.2012, 12:28 AM
Team Captain

I going to boo the Pats as hard as i can

But i have to admit i do admire the way they play the game Brady is a all time great and the 2nd best qb in the league after Rodgers
Old 27.06.2012, 09:02 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUFChargers View Post
How realistic is it for the 2012 Wembley Game to be a Rams home game?

http://ukamericanfootball.blogspot.c...bley-rams.html
I would fully expect the 20,000+ UK patriots to be out in force. Still, in 2009, as a Pats fan, many elements of the crowd were certainly anti-Pats.

Also, that blog. Brady is too metrosexual? Arrogant and expecting to score from the 1 yard line? In football, every play can go the whole way. Of course since Welker was certain to score from about the Patriot 30 they had a good 9 seconds to celebrate while he ran it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshhabsfan View Post
There will be a huge amount of Patriots support no doubt. Hopefully the Rams will get a few extra supporters out of people like me - NFL fans who sort of followed a team but didn't really support anyone, and thus have put my full support now behind St Louis as they are in the UK for the next 3 yrs.
Mano????

Last edited by nepalex; 27.06.2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 27.06.2012, 11:21 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider12 View Post
So long as it does not become a crowd of many teams and not getting behind the Rams. The home has got to feel the fans support behind them, which has been missing in a few games.

Mark
You're 100% right about the support for the home team last year, and it's going to be the same this year Because of the popularity balance between the teams. The Bears have, historically (specially during the NFL's early days in the UK) been a big name team, and the Patriots over the last 15 years have become the NFL's equivalent of Man Utd. Fans of teams like these are always going to outnumber those for "home" teams because the teams that are likley to give up home games are ones that often have trouble selling out their home stadium. A lot of neutrals see it as a way to see big name teams like the Bears and Pats, without having to travel to the states to see it.

Totally off-topic, has anyone else clocked how similar the Pats and Rams logos look in terms of shape?
Old 27.06.2012, 05:38 PM
All Pro

Although Brady is my fav player in the NFL, my support will be for the Rams.
Old 28.06.2012, 01:47 PM
Banned

What kind of a man doesn't care about his hair
Old 05.07.2012, 03:13 PM
Pro Bowler

I have also been to all the IS games so far- and (apart from last year) I was a "neutral" about either side.

BUT I did "make some noise" for the DEFENSE that asked for it- !

Bear in mind Game 1 was the 'Fins againts the Giants- and when the defensive line called for some noise - I joined in- a brave move as I was sat next to FinBear who was NOT amused!

I have done the same thing every year- so my advice to the Rams- let Brady have the ball to start with and get everyone- defense AND sideline to call for some noise from the first snap- and get the crowd on your side.

Cheers all see you soon

Tags
blog , new england patriots , sam bradford , st louis rams london , tom brady