Lindys uk magazine - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Sponsored Links

Old 26.07.2017, 01:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Just stumbled across several copies in my local TESCO.......happily take it to the till...
. ..only to be told that the bar code hadn't been entered into the till system so they couldn't sell me a copy!
Quote:
It actually had the price on it twice! A sticker barcode and cover price.......which the cashier peeled away to reveal the original barcode and cover price......and both apparently of no use whatsoever.

THE LINDYS FILES..........II!

I unearthed a copy in Warrington WH Smiths today..........its got a devious sticker with a barcode on it.......JUST LIKE IN TESCO!........I approach the till with some trepidation...........the cashier scans the barcode............but the infernal machine refuses to respond!..........the lady looks nervous, unsure perhaps...........THEN......SUDDENLY.......she turns towards the till.........no...no?!....she can't.....can she?!..........

......yes, she nonchalantly enters the price by hand and sells me the magazine. Who'd have thought it eh!
Sponsored Links
Old 26.07.2017, 04:27 PM
Rookie

Let down by Smiths in Bristol. They had roughly 10 copies of the Neil Reynolds preview but NO Lindy's :-(
Old 26.07.2017, 06:17 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by State_In_88 View Post
Let down by Smiths in Bristol. They had roughly 10 copies of the Neil Reynolds preview but NO Lindy's :-(
If anyone is having trouble finding a copy wherever they live, I linked to the Newsstand online magazine store in the previous page.

Better yet, here you go again - http://www.newsstand.co.uk/220-Other...scription.aspx

There are over thirty copies there (as of the time of publishing this comment).
Old 26.07.2017, 08:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinoxx View Post
If anyone is having trouble finding a copy wherever they live, I linked to the Newsstand online magazine store in the previous page.

Better yet, here you go again - http://www.newsstand.co.uk/220-Other...scription.aspx

There are over thirty copies there (as of the time of publishing this comment).
I'm going to give it a couple more days before considering that. I'd rather not have to pay nearly £10.

I might even go for digital copy from Lindy's themselves, though it's only the American one. Anyone have an opinion on whether the UK content is worth it?

Last edited by State_In_88; 26.07.2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 26.07.2017, 09:53 PM
MVP

Quote:

THE LINDYS FILES..........II!

I unearthed a copy in Warrington WH Smiths today..........its got a devious sticker with a barcode on it.......JUST LIKE IN TESCO!........I approach the till with some trepidation...........the cashier scans the barcode............but the infernal machine refuses to respond!..........the lady looks nervous, unsure perhaps...........THEN......SUDDENLY.......she turns towards the till.........no...no?!....she can't.....can she?!..........

......yes, she nonchalantly enters the price by hand and sells me the magazine. Who'd have thought it eh!
I had exactly the same experience myself today....

I was at self serve and it said no....

She just put the price in....

Miracle...

Tescos need new systems

A common sense system
Old 26.07.2017, 10:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by State_In_88 View Post
I'm going to give it a couple more days before considering that. I'd rather not have to pay nearly £10.

I might even go for digital copy from Lindy's themselves, though it's only the American one. Anyone have an opinion on whether the UK content is worth it?
I was actually considering posting about the cringeworthy nature of most reporting in U.K. when it comes to American sports and headlines In the U.K. Section prompted me to do this...

However as I haven't fully read it I have held off...

But the is an article about the Raiders move that suggests the NFL is selling its soul or some such...

As a former subscriber to Gridiron and purchaser of other UK publications and reader of many blogs and years of posting here and it's simple to me... some long term posters here are far more informed far more intelligent and interesting than people that aren't apparently making a paid living in the U.K. Reporting NFL stories.... it's a shame a snobbery seems to exsist when getting fans to actually transition into reporters/hosts etc and instead we get half invested, zero informed buffoons pushing nonsense on to fans and in many cases putting other fans off....

I appreciate this rant has gone off topic and is no help.

Apologies.
Old 26.07.2017, 11:31 PM
Pro

Got mine in Argyle St WH Smiths yesterday (same problems as reported at Tesco, but put through manually).
Regarding milham's post about advertising being challenging (to say the least), does the failure of retailers to correctly record the sales of the issue contribute to this (I seem to remember the same problems last year)?

If it has not been said already - Thank You Simon for your efforts in ensuring that fans in the UK can access not just the Lindy's preview, but also one with a UK section as extra (I can remember the dark days where we couldn't even get the US edition without significant airfare).
Old 23.10.2017, 04:59 PM
Team Captain

very off topic but does anyone know where I can get Lindy's nba preview in the UK
Old 03.06.2018, 12:36 AM
Team Captain

Will there be a UK edition this year?
Old 19.06.2018, 12:54 PM
Hall of Fame

The new 2018 US edition of Lindy's is available from Newsstand