NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Sponsored Links

Old 22.04.2018, 08:24 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy87 View Post
Any thoughts on the draft this week?

Don’t follow the College football much at all, so can’t honestly say I know much about the players other than a bit of tape or Mock Drafts I read up on.

Defensive Line was the area I am most keen to strengthen. Although Linebacker, Safety and Offensive Line (replace Barksdale) are other areas of need.

Lamar Jackson seems to have been heavily linked with the Chargers but unsure if he will fall to Number 17.
You keep getting linked to Boise LB Leighton Vander Esch at 17, but I wonder if Florida DT Taven Bryan could be on your radar too. Bosa, Ingram and Bryan would give QB's nightmares and probably create even more turnovers for the likes of Hayward and King.

You've bolstered your O line, you've got youth at TE, at WR, and RB. On offence it feels like the only direction you'd go in the 1st rd would be QB.....if one of them dropped far enough, which is doubtful like you said (with Jackson).
Sponsored Links
Old 22.04.2018, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy87 View Post
Any thoughts on the draft this week?

Don’t follow the College football much at all, so can’t honestly say I know much about the players other than a bit of tape or Mock Drafts I read up on.

Defensive Line was the area I am most keen to strengthen. Although Linebacker, Safety and Offensive Line (replace Barksdale) are other areas of need.

Lamar Jackson seems to have been heavily linked with the Chargers but unsure if he will fall to Number 17.
I've gone for the Chargers to take Alabama ILB Rashaan Evans, think he'd give the run Defense a big upgrade. Da'Ron Payne or Maurice Hurst would be possibilities if they go DT...
Old 26.04.2018, 07:18 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
I've gone for the Chargers to take Alabama ILB Rashaan Evans, think he'd give the run Defense a big upgrade. Da'Ron Payne or Maurice Hurst would be possibilities if they go DT...
Yeh Rashaan Evans has definitely been getting heavily linked to the Chargers.

I don’t think I ever predicted correctly what Telesco was going to with his first pick. Mike Williams last year I was not expecting.

He has been picking up some excellent middle round picks over the years Feeney and Des King last year. So hoping for some similar success.

Feeling Telesco now may look to draft up if a QB they like is getting up towards the 49ers at the 9th pick.

Personally a DT or ILB or Safety would be my choice for the right player. But unsure of what QBs are coming up in the next few years. Realistically Rivers maybe has another 2-3 years in him so would be good to have someone learning behind him not named Cardale Jones or Geno Smith!!

Definitely excited to see how things play out and always plenty of shocks seem to happen each year.
Old 27.04.2018, 09:10 AM
Rookie

Solid pick and a position badly needed.
Old 27.04.2018, 01:54 PM
MVP

Really pleased with James. The draft went well for us and it's a great pick
Old 27.04.2018, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
Really pleased with James. The draft went well for us and it's a great pick
Really didn’t expect him to drop that far. Was pretty much a no-brainer for the Chargers when he was still on the board at #17...
Old 27.04.2018, 03:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Really didn’t expect him to drop that far. Was pretty much a no-brainer for the Chargers when he was still on the board at #17...
Absolutely.

I wanted the chargers to go defence anyway and hoped for DT ILB or S.

The way the draft planned out it meant James at safety. I was sat there begging him to fall. He's so versatile and can play in the box and will help against the run anyway but man alive our secondary!
Old 27.04.2018, 04:21 PM
All Pro

Second round we need to go DT now. If hurst is available, another no brainer. It took me a while to notice that James was still on the board. Was too busy being annoyed that Payne and vea had gone. Just assumed James was heading to tampa. Half asleep lol
Old 23.05.2018, 11:21 AM
Starter

And BOOM there goes the optimism.

Hey Antonio, you busy?
Old 03.09.2018, 09:30 AM
Pro Bowler

How we all feeling for the new season?

Feel overall we have a good roster. Some position groups in particular are looking a lot stronger than others.

Gates is back although can’t see him playing many snaps per game.

Hoping Sturgis can get off to a strong start next week as well. So we don’t have to press the panic button with the kicking situation.

Will see but excited to have NFL Sunday back next week!