Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 319 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Sponsored Links

Old 22.10.2010, 10:54 AM
Team Captain

Floyd just has the worrying injury issues (but then again who doesn't on the Chargers these days) but, I agree, the Chargers really need to give him his contract.

Presuming current CBA applies Naanee will be a RFA won't he? I like him, but definately want to see more from him as I'm really not sure on how much I think he's got to give.

Buster really has to make more of his chances through the rest of this year if he's ever going to have a chance of anything. Again though will he be an RFA?

Crayton, agreed he's not long term but will definately help nurse us through the next couple of years (how much is left on his contract?).

I think injuries and youth are why I would go down the route of tagging VJ next year... if he'd play under a tag...
Sponsored Links
Old 22.10.2010, 11:15 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixbolts View Post
Floyd just has the worrying injury issues (but then again who doesn't on the Chargers these days) but, I agree, the Chargers really need to give him his contract.

Presuming current CBA applies Naanee will be a RFA won't he? I like him, but definately want to see more from him as I'm really not sure on how much I think he's got to give.

Buster really has to make more of his chances through the rest of this year if he's ever going to have a chance of anything. Again though will he be an RFA?

Crayton, agreed he's not long term but will definately help nurse us through the next couple of years (how much is left on his contract?).

I think injuries and youth are why I would go down the route of tagging VJ next year... if he'd play under a tag...

yeah under the current rules of needing 6 years for FA then yes naanee would be a RFA. If that changes back to the way it was before then i believe (without checking) that this is naanees 4th year so he'd then be unresticted at the end of this season.

Buster is under contract for next season as well i believe so no real issue with him to worry about because he needs to impress in what remains of this season and next season to warrent a contract.

I believe crayton has this year and next year on his current deal
Old 22.10.2010, 11:26 AM
MVP

Having done some research

Naanee signed a 4 year deal when he was drafted so under current circumstances he will be a RFA at the end of the season. If it reverts back to how it was before he will be an UFA. If the CBA changes and makes some new rules then its anyones guess.

Crayton signed a deal with the bowboys keeping him there until after the 2011 season so im assuming we took over that contract meaning he is tied to us for this season and next. He will then obviously be a UFA although he'll also be 33. I wouldnt put money on him being a charger next season

Buster davis - well he signed a 5 year deal after being drafted so he is under contract next season anyway. But because of his injury problems the last 3 seasons, im not sure in each of those season that he was on the active roster for the 6 games needed in which case im not certain he'll have the 4 years for free agency at the end of his contract anyway but as i said the ost important thing is he is tied to SD for next season anyway
Old 23.10.2010, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...St._Louis_Rams

What a load of crap, having seen the play I didn't even think it was a penalty
Old 23.10.2010, 12:24 PM
All Pro

Well its not a huge not a huge penalty, I'm kinda in favour... This is evidently their 'crackdown' week (which I also agree with having seen the Merriweather and Harrison hits) and so stuff that prolly won't be called in future even, is being called now, just to try and make the point.

These dangerous hits, you won't get rid of them (take the Desean Jackson one for instance, I have no problem with, but the results were unfortunate), but I do believe the chances of severe injury will be lessened if they clamp down on the ones that are seen to be 'intentional' more.

I know its kindof making examples of some more unfortunate players, but it needs to be done.
Old 23.10.2010, 08:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramezes View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...St._Louis_Rams

What a load of crap, having seen the play I didn't even think it was a penalty
Just watched, probably the most ridiculous flag and fine I've ever seen. You could argue that it's balanced because they missed Burnett's hit, although of course any rational person would laugh at you.
Old 24.10.2010, 11:19 PM
All Pro

2-5 now and we host the Titans (5-2) then visit the Texans (4-2), those two tough matches are likely to determine the rest of our season, win them and we still have a shot at a winning record as we could kick on from there.
Old 24.10.2010, 11:23 PM
Starter

After watching a truly terrible 3 quarters in the bar, where we weren't just terrible...we were abysmally schoolboy like in our errors, I feel heartbroken that we missed the field goal to tie it. I didn't watch the 4th quarter, but what an effort to come back.

On the other hand, 3 quarters of truly awful football and being the butt end of everyone's jokes for being a Charger fan ruined my night.
Old 25.10.2010, 01:09 AM
Team Captain

So damn frustrating!
Old 25.10.2010, 07:48 AM
MVP

Sigh!

What makes it worse is that with our injuries, going up against the patriots i was expecting a beating. I was hoping to keep it respectable and yet once again if it wasnt for our own mistakes we'd have won the game despite the injury problems.

People may jump on the kicker but thats unfair for me, maybe he makes that kick if it wasnt for the false start penalty. But then how many of our 4 turnovers cost us points? Im pretty sure the 3 fumbles all lead to field goals, so thats 9 points!

The defence was superb, i really cant fault them. They time and time again put us in a position to win the game and our offence some way, some how found a way to loose the game.

If i dont laugh, ill cry.

I really think thats it for our year now. The chiefs are 4-2 and playing some good football with a soft remaining schedule. I really cant see us catching them now. As if mondays werent bad enough!!!