Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 719 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Sponsored Links

Old 08.05.2014, 06:26 PM
All Pro

So a lot of the most recent mocks have the majority of the top CBs off of the board by the time we pick. I don't buy that seeing as it assumes there's not even a mini-run on QBs - we saw a few years ago that teams are prone to panicking when there's even a hint that the top QBs are going. That situation does give us a good chance of performing the trade that was widely discussed recently however.

I've said multiple times this draft is going to be crazy, to the point that trying to isolate our pick to one or two guys is completely pointless. Just for the opportunity to look remotely smart however I will predict that something similar to the Super Melvin draft happens again, in that somebody like a Barr etc slides down the board and Tom Telesco is doing backflips to hand the card in. Ideal situation really has to be that we trade down though, that extra second or third would be huge in this draft class. There is a problem with this in that every other team knows this! Got to hope that someone adores Bridgewater (Texans?) and gets desperate.

Who else is staying up for the live broadcast?
Sponsored Links
Old 09.05.2014, 03:08 AM
Team Captain

Verrett it is.

Happy guy over here.
Old 09.05.2014, 03:14 AM
All Pro

Hard to complain, would have liked to see Dennard there as well for a greater choice but suspect his off-man problems would have been an issue. Roby was always a little iffy with the off-field issues. Verrett obviously small but I've never been one for believing you have to be the "right" size to do well in the NFL, certainly seems like he has the attitude to compensate.
Old 09.05.2014, 07:57 AM
All Pro

I know almost exactly nothing about this draft. Did we just get around to replacing Dante Hughes or Antonio Cromartie?
Old 09.05.2014, 09:59 AM
All Pro

I'm delighted with Verrett, our CB's got burned so often last year, we lacked sheer athleticism and movement skills, Verrett has both. He is short yes, but with the super charged movement skills to compensate.
Old 09.05.2014, 11:44 AM
All Pro

Really pleased with Verrett, read some college info about him. Apparently in his first ever game he got burned v Baylor and was awful, considered quitting. His coaches told him to basically "man the F*** up".......he did and was basically a shutdown corner for 2 years straight.

The size might be an issue with the big body TE's and WR's but he gives us the speed we really need and finally gives Weddle some help in the secondary.

CB or DT in round 2?
Old 09.05.2014, 12:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousPaul View Post
Really pleased with Verrett, read some college info about him. Apparently in his first ever game he got burned v Baylor and was awful, considered quitting. His coaches told him to basically "man the F*** up".......he did and was basically a shutdown corner for 2 years straight.

The size might be an issue with the big body TE's and WR's but he gives us the speed we really need and finally gives Weddle some help in the secondary.

CB or DT in round 2?
If nix is there we take him IMO
Old 09.05.2014, 01:27 PM
All Pro

The more I read about him the more psyched I am. Sounds like he'll miss OTAs with the shoulder rehab, let's just hope that's the end of it.
Old 09.05.2014, 03:22 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousPaul View Post
CB or DT in round 2?
I can't see another CB in the 2nd but we certainly do need another corner. DT/NT help is sticking out like a sore thumb imo but as the 3rd round showed last year, you never know who might fall into your lap...
Old 09.05.2014, 06:29 PM
Team Captain

Verrett recovering from same injury that Cory Liuget played through all of last season with.