Premier League Thread - Page 1982 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 22.01.2014, 12:21 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
The need for ManU to sign someone or anyone is now at desperation levels.

Mata is a gem of a player but their squad is full of holes.

They urgently need at least one CB, have to replace Evra and need a ball winner/box to box midfielder as well as someone to play wide right. What they don't need right now is a No10. Problem is they ballsed up so magnificently in the summer they need to sign any available big name just to appease the fans and show the world ManU are still big hitters, irrespective of their current situation.

Mata may bring an immediate bounce in fortunes for them, but over the longer term, they will struggle as they have done to this point unless they address the obvious weaknesses
tbh i thought they would of made a big push for Shaw.

i agree, they messed up in the summer (the excuses were awful) and now are trying to sign players in a window when its hard to nab big players.
he should be looking for younger players now, to bed them in for next season. instead they are being linked with a ton of big names that he will struggle to get across the line.

Moyes cant seem to get the same performance out of this squad as Ferguson did, so probably needs a new midfield and maybe 3 defenders.
Old 22.01.2014, 04:05 PM
All Pro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25849959

It's official. Juan might be on his way.
Old 22.01.2014, 04:22 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur Moose View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25849959

It's official. Juan might be on his way.
not very official, on sky its £40m and its a third party.

i thinkk Jose is just yanking Moyes' chain and if he leaves it will be to Athletico on loan.
Old 22.01.2014, 04:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
tbh i thought they would of made a big push for Shaw.

i agree, they messed up in the summer (the excuses were awful) and now are trying to sign players in a window when its hard to nab big players.
he should be looking for younger players now, to bed them in for next season. instead they are being linked with a ton of big names that he will struggle to get across the line.

Moyes cant seem to get the same performance out of this squad as Ferguson did, so probably needs a new midfield and maybe 3 defenders.
I think the damage was done before the summer. Wouldn't it of been an idea for fergie to work with moyes in jan and brought players in moyes wanted. I don't believe moyes didn't know he was getting the job and fergie was going. If I was a utd fan I would be very worried with moyes. Five year contract for nani speaks volumes about his eye for talent
Old 22.01.2014, 04:37 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
I think the damage was done before the summer. Wouldn't it of been an idea for fergie to work with moyes in jan and brought players in moyes wanted. I don't believe moyes didn't know he was getting the job and fergie was going. If I was a utd fan I would be very worried with moyes. Five year contract for nani speaks volumes about his eye for talent
i'm not sure Moyes knew back then, but he could of been ready for July, even this window he could of lined some deals up for the start.

Nani is average but i think it was just to avoid his contract running down and they seem to be trying to sell him as his linked with Juve every day.
Old 22.01.2014, 04:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
i'm not sure Moyes knew back then, but he could of been ready for July, even this window he could of lined some deals up for the start.

Nani is average but i think it was just to avoid his contract running down and they seem to be trying to sell him as his linked with Juve every day.
I would let nani go on a free. He has hardly contributed throughout his utd career
Old 22.01.2014, 04:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
not very official, on sky its £40m and its a third party.

i thinkk Jose is just yanking Moyes' chain and if he leaves it will be to Athletico on loan.
It would help them get a striker and would also help them in the FFP. They'd be stupid not to sell Mata for £40m, he ain't worth that.
Old 22.01.2014, 05:10 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGall13 View Post
It would help them get a striker and would also help them in the FFP. They'd be stupid not to sell Mata for £40m, he ain't worth that.
This might be the first time I agree with one of your posts
Old 22.01.2014, 05:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Interesting you raise the ffp point. My own views on ffp have been mentioned many times on this forum. Anyway has anyone else noticed the sudden change in tone and language the last month or so in relation to financial fair play. Pundits and people in football were saying when ffp comes into being, that has suddenly changed to if. Bearing in mind it was first mooted in 2009 and was supposed to be implemented in 2012. With the power of the big clubs and the delays I'm sceptical this will ever happen

As far as the mata bid its being reported it has been made through a third party. Following the herrera debacle in the summer it appears utd still haven't learnt

Last edited by kev macca; 22.01.2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 22.01.2014, 05:26 PM
GOAT

Quote:
£40m is a bit much but Mata is an excellent player

i'm not sure how much help they need with FFP or if they lack funds (you would think they could offload Ba for £10m to a club in the bottom half and already have the De Bruyne money) or even who they could get.

Torres and Eto'o get a lot of stick but its hard to see who they could bring in this window that would be better (i'd say Lukaku would be a good fit for them but he shoved him off to the side.)